Your thoughts

Discussion in 'BedWars' started by xKillers, Jul 1, 2020.

?

Do you like the new bedwars?

1. Yes I do

28.6%
  2. No I don't

57.1%
  3. I don't really care about it

14.3%
  1. xKillers

xKillers Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +139
    Although Java 2 just came out a few hours ago, I wanted to know what the Bedwars community thought about Bedwars as it stands right now with the new Java 2 implements.

Now I have played a few games of the new Bedwars, and I have to say I like it, many may not agree and that is fine. It's basically the same bedwars to me, just with a few different additions to the game and some removals. As every new update to a game things will be different, trust me I know. I have been playing bedwars for 2 years and seeing some of the things that were there every day, now gone has a weird feelings, but it will go away.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
  2. captainsnake

captainsnake Famous Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +704
    I have to vote against it not because I think the new updates ruined the game, the changes were far too small for that to have happened, but overall I think the changes were a slight downgrade.

PRO:
    -Removed (kind of) the potion glitch. If they were gonna allow people to get more than one of each potion than they might as well not have the text in the game say that you can't.
    -Fixed generator lag

CON:
    -You can't upgrade your gen from another player's base (this is almost certainly a glitch but I'll still mention it)
    -instead of actually fixing the potion glitch, they just removed the limit entirely. I would have much preferred they leave the limit in and patch out the glitch (note: devs have said that they could easily do that.) I will elaborate on my points another Time (perhaps in another thread or a video on just that topic) but at the highest level of bedwars, most notably solos bedwars, you'd see players get potions all the time. They were already strong, just kind of awkward to use, making them a fairly balanced item. They were kind of like golems in how they were used. I think removing the limit will cause potions to get way too strong, and bedwars will become a "who has more instant damage potions" game rather than... you know... bedwars.

Again, not the end of the world, potions are fairly balanced in fours and duos, but in solos, they might be a little too strong for my liking.
  3. b0xx3r

b0xx3r Ed the Social Panda Hive Owner

Ratings:
    +19,519
    "You can't upgrade your gen from another player's base (this is almost certainly a glitch but I'll still mention it)"
    100% a bug

"instead of actually fixing the potion glitch, they just removed the limit entirely."
    This was basically how it was already given it wasn't a high skill thing to drop items on the floor. That said we are open to talking about ways of actually hard fixing but we'd want to be sure the community would actually accept this before we did the work on really limiting them with no workarounds.
  4. xChqr

xChqr V.I.BEE Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +3,543
    I voted that I don't mind either way. Overall the experience is very similar, other than the potion glitch and the gen upgrade bug (which I'm sure will bne fixed soon anyway).

I'd personally love to see a hard fix in place!
  5. Pivot

Pivot Honey Maker

Ratings:
    +27
    k, here's my list :
    PROS
    - removed potion limit

CONS
    - gen seem to lag me worse than ever, it dropped my fps to 30 in 1 game on food that lasted a bit (from like 180)
    - can only place 5 traps
    ok i'm going back to minesweeper goodbye
  6. Kalthuz

Kalthuz Talk of the Town Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +33
    --ALREADY REPORTED ALL THE BUGS I FOUND , JUST SAYING.--

> emerald gens are too slow , like they get dropped much more later than they are supposed to
    > sometimes you do not get points from kills , finals , also from beds
    > sometimes villagers don't spawn , you can't buy anything
    > the worst : yesterday , our iron generator didn't work at all and we had to wait 30+ mins not to lose our winstreak (a dev helped after)
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. captainsnake

captainsnake Famous Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +704
    The trap bed defense was silly anyway imo