Will and Mark's Infinite Film List

Discussion in 'Anything Else...' started by Bismark, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Peetzah

Peetzah V.I.BEE Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +3,747
    who am I is good
  2. Blobbasher

Blobbasher Well Known Bee

Ratings:
    +41
    Wonder Woman is AMAZING! For my birthday next week, I will be watching Spider-Man Homecoming. I really do hope that movie will be entertaining. I also like watching anything from Marvel and DC. And Dumb and Dumber is a funny film xD
  3. ReadySalted

ReadySalted V.I.BEE Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +3,912
    @AlphaDegree Unsure as to whether Mark has seen Breakfast at Tiffanys or My Fair Lady however I'm rather certain he's seen Mary Poppins and therefore will be added to the list for now until he changes them otherwise and Casablanca is already on the list!
    Your post is deemed worthy! (maybe)

@Peetzah The German film or the Jackie Chan film? If it's the German film then it's already on the list and if it's the Jackie Chan film it's not going on the list!

@Blobbasher I will be putting Wonder Woman on the list mainly due to the fact of the huge reviews I've heard about it, and as said multiple times, although you never specifically asked, Spiderman will not be going on the list because although a Marvel film is a good watch I can't be bothered being that excited over a third remake of a story. And yes, I agree, Dumb and Dumber is an hilarious film!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Robbeh

Robbeh Famous Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +235
    I did a quick browse of the post, so maybe I missed it, but I'm super surprised no one has mentioned Schindler's List!

It's by far one of the best movies of the past few decades. The raw emotion that Spielberg captured without color interfering is overwhelming every time I watch it.
    • Award Worthy Award Worthy x 2
    • List
  5. ReadySalted

Ratings:
    +3,912
    Considering I only just watched this around a month ago, I too am surprised this isn't on the list and in addition to this Mark is a huge fan of this film.

My only problem with the film is that everyone speaks English and not German, however regardless since Liam Neeson is not playing the normal Liam Neeson in this film!

This will be added and made gold.

Your post is deemed worthy!
  6. Bismark

Bismark a class guy with class glasses Senior Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,760
    I simply adore Schindler's List. It is perfect in more ways than I could ever describe, and as a self proclaimed history nerd who is obsessed with films based in this era, it is wonderful. I believe after this reminder, I'll have to give this a rewatch!

I had to make a separate post purely for this, and almost feel inclined to review it. I love this movie.

Okay I promise I'll stop talking now
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  7. Robbeh

Robbeh Famous Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +235
    I watched it for the first time just a few months ago.

It points out that sometimes, we oft choose to forget history because it's too violent or disgusting. Instead, we should remember and hold those memories and history close, not to glorify it, but to remind ourselves never to return to our past ways.

I digress, but yea! Fantastic movie!
  8. rise21

rise21 Talk of the Town Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +207
    I found The Dictator absolutely hilarious- has to be one of my favourite films (though very slightly inappropriate)
    Pearl Harbour was a film i really enjoyed watching, though many people dislike it for one reason or another, i guess it's either you love it or you don't. Then there's the classic Avatar, and Catch me if you can is another great one
  9. Bismark

Ratings:
    +4,760
    I'm actually very skeptical of The Dictator, it almost seems like one of those comedies that tries too hard to be funny and misses some gags in the process. I've not seen it, however I may try to watch it.

I'm intrigued by Peal Harbour, largely because I love WW2 based movies, so I may also try to watch that!

I've seen Avatar, and don't get me wrong it was good, but it was a little overrated and over-hyped in my eyes!

Lastly, I believe Catch me If you Can is on the list, and I'll have to get around to watching it!
  10. byCanLP

byCanLP Talk of the Town Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +37
    You guys have Letterboxd Accounts? :3
  11. Bismark

Ratings:
    +4,760
    I have not, but I'm unsure if Will has either! I'll let him reply and be the judge!
  12. ReadySalted

Ratings:
    +3,912
    Didn't even know what that is but it doesn't seem like a terrible idea!
    • List
  13. DutchKinq

DutchKinq Famous Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +363
    My favorite films are: The Hunger games (all of them) and Pirates of the caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl (first one).
    • List
  14. 8495

8495 V.I.BEE Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +2,730
    ive seen Hugo recently, and it was ok eh

my favourite film might have to be The Mask (1994) with jim carey, I think its hillarious
    • List
  15. Bismark

Ratings:
    +4,760
    I'm not gonna lie to you, I think The Hunger Games movies were very poorly executed. I did enjoy the books, albeit about 5 years ago, but they could have made the movies so much better!

I believe both myself and Will have seen Pirates of the Caribbean! The movies are great and I really enjoy them, but I wouldn't quite put them in gold!

I've not seen Hugo, so I'm not inclined to comment on that. But I have seen the Mask! It's a great movie and it's one of Jim Carrey's better movies in my opinion!
  16. ReadySalted

Ratings:
    +3,912
    *ahem* Did you mean to say Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is one of his better movies? Or did you mean to say The Truman Show?
  17. Bismark

Ratings:
    +4,760
    Of course, it was a mistype, I promise!
  18. byCanLP

byCanLP Talk of the Town Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +37
    Would love to see your film diary and votings! ;3 (@Joduko)
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • HYPE! HYPE! x 1
    • List
  19. Gladje

Gladje Well Known Bee Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +157
    wow
    wow
    wow
    That's a lot of films.
    • List
  20. Bismark

Ratings:
    +4,760
    We hope to make the list bigger each day!