1. BEFORE POSTING: Please search our support page for the quickest answer!
Dismiss Notice
DO NOT POST APPEALS IN THIS SECTION OF THE FORUMS

Why does my minecraft world stutter?

Discussion in 'Help Me! (NOT Bug Reports, Suggestions or Appeals)' started by MalithaPR, Mar 1, 2020.

1. MalithaPR

MalithaPR Famous Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +121
    I get solid 250-300fps in game but the world around me seems to be lagging and I get a stuttering feel.
    I updated my java and tried it didn't work. Any help at this moment is useful
  2. AlMightyDeusVult

AlMightyDeusVult Talk of the Town Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +147
    If it's on multiplayer then it's probably because you're having high ping
  3. MalithaPR

Ratings:
    +121
    I have a ping of 173ish well I am pretty positive that this is a visual thing
  4. AlMightyDeusVult

AlMightyDeusVult Talk of the Town Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +147
    A ping of 170 is quite high, it's at the level you will get some stutters at least.
    But maybe try changing some settings a bit, I can't think of any that would make you stutter though, so maybe try uninstalling Minecraft and downloading it again
  5. nik9094

nik9094 The Bees Knees Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +1,104
    170 ping will get you nowhere. If by "world stuttering" you mean that players seem to teleport from one spot to another, that's your issue. If the actual world seems to not render properly, that may also be because of ping. Your client has to download the data of the server including worlds, entity count and other. If the same issue occurs in singleplayer, you might want to fiddle around with graphical settings. (or do what DeusVult suggested: reinstall)

Tip: if you have an Nvidia graphics card / Nvidia based graphics, here's what you can do.
    - On your desktop, right click and select "NVIDIA control panel"
    - Look on the left, in the section "3D settings", select the second clickable sentence you read (should be something like "manage 3D settings")
    - Now in the middle of the window, look for "Program settings" or similar (it's next to "Global settings" or similar)
    - Click "ADD" and scroll down until you see Java(TM) Platform SE binary and then click on "Add selected program"
    - You should now be good to go. Reboot your PC and see if anything changes in the game.

Note: Doing this basically allows your PC to let the graphics card handle Java a lil more, and altough it may not drastically change things, it's still helpful to the entire system. If your issue persists, this means it's all about your ping.

Edit: since it fixed by itself I'll be unfollowing the thread. Quote or ping to grab my attention again!
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Award Worthy Award Worthy x 1
    • List
  6. MalithaPR

Ratings:
    +121
    Thanks it seems to be fixed it self