1. BEFORE POSTING: Please search our support page for the quickest answer!
Dismiss Notice
DO NOT POST APPEALS IN THIS SECTION OF THE FORUMS

What Do You Do For The Spook Season?

Discussion in 'The Hive Discussion' started by TeaAddict, Oct 12, 2018.

?

Do you celebrate Halloween?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. TeaAddict

TeaAddict Honey Maker

Ratings:
    +117
    Since Halloween is my favorite time of year I've done everything to get ready. Even if I'm too "old" to dress up, of course, I go all out and wear something and man the door. But I'm wondering what you guys do to celebrate Halloween. For all those people who don't celebrate Halloween, my question for you guys is if you had the chance to celebrate, would you participate? If so, what would you do?

Hope this question gets some good responses because I'm looking for more ideas to get into the spooky mood. I'll give you guys a Halloween joke before I go and watch Halloweentown (the second one is better imo)

What room does a ghost not need??
    A living room
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. _reph_

_reph_ The Bees Knees Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +172
    So I celebrate Halloween, but since I’m literally the laziest person ever I don’t usually get my costumes until the night before yeet

More recently, I’ve had friends over and we celebrate by staying up the whole night playing games. Don’t think I can do that this year if Halloween falls on Sunday-Thursday rip
  3. TeaAddict

TeaAddict Honey Maker

Ratings:
    +117
    You better spend some of it with me or I swear. But that sounds like a ball!
  4. kwirky

kwirky V.I.BEE Team Nectar Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +4,470
    From halloween.com, a Halloween joke.
    Ahem.
    "Q. What do gosts call there girl friends? A. There goul friends."
    Yes, you may applaud the exemplary humor, spelling and grammar, thank you very much.

I celebrate Halloween more or less in the same way I celebrate Columbus Day. (shoutout to my fellow muricans i mean spanish i mean portuguese i mean italians o wait i'm not italian). Halloween's not something I really take seriously, but I participate in it I guess? In my neighborhood, everyone either takes Halloween super uber ultra mega seriously and goes all-out with the decorations or does basically nothing. There's no in-between. I was that kid who dressed up in an orange shirt and called myself a pumpkin. Now I've basically aged out of going trick-or-treating, but I like handing out candy to all the kidzzzzzz.
  5. TeaAddict

TeaAddict Honey Maker

Ratings:
    +117
    Yo I'm the person who goes all out with decorations so like I totally understand that. But I love that joke btw sir, it had me dead
  6. _reph_

_reph_ The Bees Knees Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +172
    Gotchu b <3
  7. Scmuel

Scmuel Mood Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,520
    Films, food, house parties, yanno, the normal thing you do.
  8. captainsnake

captainsnake Famous Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +617
    get back on the bw grind lol
  9. ShhSpike

ShhSpike Talk of the Town Team Nectar

Ratings:
    +48
    Yes i'm celebrating halloween, but i'm not gonna go on trick or treat this year because i'm maybe a bit too old for that now. But it will be candy anyway, and i gonna watch some halloween themed movies (if i find some). Or ill just gonna build a halloween themed thing. ;)

I hope it's not ganna come any children on my door. because i'm exstemaly shy and i don't want to stand there like. "um what am i gonna do, oh yeah candy. need to find the candy before them scare or troll me, here you go" :confused:
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  10. MusicalShaymin

MusicalShaymin Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +340
    Last year, I wasn't able to participate much in the festivities because I had to rehearse for my high school's theater production. I'm hoping this year will be different. Usually, my family likes to go to the pumpkin patch every year so we'll probably do that again this year. I would like to carve pumpkins this year since I haven't done that in quite some time. Given the fact that I also live in a suburban area, I'll probably either hand out candy or go trick or treating with my little cousins. I plan on dressing up, but I don't know exactly what I'm gonna be just yet.
  11. orelsinge

orelsinge Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +111
    Last year I went to my aunts house to pass out candy :) it was fun to see all the little kids dressed up all cute. I love wearing costumes!! I'm not sure what I'll be this year though, maybe a bloody nurse since I already have scrubs lol. I might be working on Halloween though so that's a big bummer :( for this spooky season me & some friends have been watching spooky movies on saturdays and playing dead by daylight !!
  12. TeaAddict

TeaAddict Honey Maker

Ratings:
    +117
    I can feel the tryhard from here, even in the spook season.

If you actually go as a bloody nurse, we can twin because thats what I'm going as! My costume was inspired by American Horror Story so we'll see how that works. That really sucks if you work but I hope you get it off and do some spooky Dead By Daylight stuff!

Awe! That sounds really fun, hopefully, you get all the good candy with your cousins but if you don't go out, you can always buy candy you like ;)
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2018
  13. Maddeh

Maddeh Famous

Ratings:
    +316
    i just stay in my room playing dead by daylight till halloween is over ;w;
  14. CrowTheRed

CrowTheRed Famous Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +520
    I love Halloween; when I was younger I always dressed up and went trick-or-treating, but now being 20, I'm a lil old for people to accept me going door to door for candy ;w; I also live in an apartment complex, so no kids come here, but I still have tons of fun! I usually decorate my room and help my sister decorate the whole house while watching Halloween movies. We buy our favorite candy, and usually go to art stores or the dollar store to find new decorations or just to look around at all the spooky stuff! And we always make cookies, and use Halloween cookie cutters like ghosts and stuff, and ice them and decorate them however we want!
    We also take drives into the downtown area of where we live, and look at the houses' decorations and see if any have changed since last year!
    Near the end of October, me and my sis will take walks and collect leaves we think are pretty, then make sort of bouquets out of them with orange or black ribbon and put them around the house! :D
    <33
  15. DaSushi

DaSushi Ex-HnS Ice Bearator ʕ•ᴥ•ʔノ♡ | 日本語 Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +6,966
    My university is hosting a haunted house and Halloween party, so I'm going to that and excited about it! I'm dressing up as a cheetah :D
    • Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  16. Electrocute4u

Electrocute4u V.I.BEE Gold Member

Ratings:
    +9,469
    I don't "celebrate" Halloween directly, more like a traditional thing ;w;
    But as a yearly tradition most households in Norway have candy ready at the door whenever sm0al kids comes.
    For myself, how I like to spend my Halloween night... Gaming and listening to these 3 (one meme vid and 2 songs)... C:
    Usually listening to sp00ky music such as this(supah spicy meme vid), this (this one kills my bass...), perhaps this for gaming c:
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  17. Gideeon

Gideeon Famous Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +304
    Am I the only one that don’t like getting dressed up and all??
  18. AdamS3112

AdamS3112 Well Known Bee Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +68
    I voted "Yes", but in all fairness; all I do is sit home and eat candy.
  19. QueenAshlee

QueenAshlee V.I.BEE

Ratings:
    +1,757
    For me, it's hit or miss. I'm too old to dress up and trick-or-treat now, but my parents bring me to help my little siblings. Usually, as soon as October hits, I'm listening to the Monstercat Halloween podcast on repeat (from 2017 or something like that), reading The Legend of Sleepy Hallow, and planning out some DIY costume ideas. Right now I'm thinking of a popart half zombie face paint or skeleton face paint. By the time Halloween actually hits I'm just "eh" and usually spend time eating candy xD
  20. BDWSSBB

BDWSSBB Famous

Ratings:
    +4
    I am a strange person of no culture. Halloween isn't much to me other than seeing a bunch of people in costumes. It is nice to dress up and stuff, but I just have no heart for it (sadly). Just another day of video games and/or studies...