1. BEFORE POSTING: Please search our support page for the quickest answer!
Dismiss Notice
DO NOT POST APPEALS IN THIS SECTION OF THE FORUMS

What are your thoughts on the new update? :)

Discussion in 'The Hive Discussion' started by Strawbunnies, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Strawbunnies

Strawbunnies Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +2
    What are your thoughts on the new update? I personally don't enjoy it lol. It feels laggy and just looks really weird to me, but maybe that's just because I'm used to the other version. I'd like to go back to the older version but I'm one person and can't convince anyone. It's also just my preference and it's not like they HAVE to do what I want them to lmao. Just my thoughts on it.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Shadowphax

Shadowphax Rob/Phax Moderator

Ratings:
    +5,559
    I am enjoying it! From my experience so far, it is a large and much needed improvement. Looking forward to seeing what is to come from here! :)
  3. iDreaminq

iDreaminq Honey Maker Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +87
    I think it is interesting, although I miss some things from the last version. Lobby hopping is still around yet not really there anymore and everything has been moved around. Personally, I liked the previous version a bit better; given that it had all the other games (even if I hardly ever played them lol). Hopefully more improvements can come about from this new version though!
  4. xChqr

xChqr Former Helper ♥ Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +3,722
    Obviously there's still some bugs and things that need to be worked out (I've already reported a few) but for the most part, I like the update! It's sad to see a few of the games go but hopefully, it makes room for new ones in the future. The compass layout is also different so it's confusing to me but I'm sure I'll get used to it. Overall, great update :D
  5. Jigflying

Jigflying Well Known Bee

Ratings:
    +14
    I am not a big fan of the new update, a ton of great games were removed :C
  6. Isabah

Isabah Famous Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +223
    I have mixed emotions about the Java 2 update but hopefully will change in the coming weeks.
    Positives:
    - easier for devs to implement updates
    - quicker queue system
    - easy to join games (especially with macros/autotext)
    - more people playing Arcade Shuffle
    - quicker waiting times in games
    Negatives:
    - lagback in DR
    - people don't want to be deaths anymore
    - bugs
    - some games removed (CaI, MIMV, SkyGiants, The Herobrine)
    - hard to report at the moment
    However, those games were removed for a reason and these negatives/issues should be hopefully be fixed soon because the devs work very hard and I really appreciate them for their efforts.
    Overall, I feel more positive about Java 2 because I'm actually enjoying it than I used to in Java 1 (especially due to quicker queuing system).
    (bee)
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Wuzq

Wuzq Regular Bee Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +21
    I know it's a bit laggy right now, but I know it's going to be a lot better in the end! so I'm pretty hyped for the time ahead on The Hive! Just stay positive and give it some time! :)
  8. Wishfvl

Wishfvl Famous Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +1,235
    Obviously it's going to suck at first because they just made a whole new code... not having bugs would be crazy. I like the update because it means Hive can last for years more without having to shut down. They're fixing the bugs so soon it'll be back to normal, and then the removed dead games will leave spaces for new ones! :D
    The only things I don't like are bugs that they are aware of and actively trying to fix, so...
  9. Strawbunnies

Strawbunnies Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +2
    At least they know there's bugs and are fixing them, unlike other servers lol
  10. Wishfvl

Wishfvl Famous Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +1,235
    Yeah Hive has actually been great, boxxer has been talking to us a lot in discord asking us what the issues are and telling us what they're fixing
  11. LikeDonutz

LikeDonutz Talk of the Town Gold Member

Ratings:
    +109
    The servers code has been totally rewritten of course its going to be buggy and laggy. I honestly don't know if I like it or not. It has nice new features that I feel it needed for a while but I miss the feel of old hive.
  12. ButterflyOcean

ButterflyOcean The Bees Knees Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +560
    I really appreciate the new update from Java 2.
    It is and all not perfect, but it is a work in progress that will improve in time i'm sure of it!
    I'm really excited for all the new things to come and better yet a new start for The Hive.

A huge thanks to everyone who worked on the update and of course all staff members and testers.
  13. xChqr

Ratings:
    +3,722
    I totally agree! As I stated in my thread, b0xx3r and the rest of the Hive team has done a fantastic job (better than most servers) in communicating with us and telling us what's going on. It's really refreshing to see other people share my opinion and agree that Java 2, while a bit buggy right now, is still a huge leap forward for Hive.
  14. ezlee6

ezlee6 Famous

Ratings:
    +1
    Hey,

I think overall it's hard for people to adapt to change especially when they've been used to the same thing for years now. This update as a whole makes Hive a lot more user friendly, better navigation, better lobby experience, easier to get around, viewing games that are going on, and so on. It fits the meta of most servers now and makes things less complicated which is great for everyone. When it comes to bugs I've never noticed anything really and if I did see something it must've been minor. I don't lag, I don't glitch, or have any issues but that's something that's expected with a big update like Java 2. Soon everyone's gonna get used to it and adapt to it, especially if the issues that are coming up get fixed as soon as they can.
  15. Heccin

Heccin Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +103
    Hi!

I really like the update for the most part, it feels a lot smoother and the hit reg is so much better which is cool!

However, I'm not quite used to it all yet, and I'll always treasure the previous version of the hive, for nostalgia's sake, haha (':

And, as others have said, the bugs aren't great, but knowing they're getting fixed is enough for me!
  16. tale_zero

tale_zero V.I.BEE Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +190
    they got rid of the join signs...

also, really? you use a command new players would think would be used for reporting players as a means of reporting bugs?
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2020
  17. KS02

KS02 Famous Gold Member

Ratings:
    +49
    What about anti-cheat?
  18. captainsnake

captainsnake Famous Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +771
    Once the bugs are fixed I see this update as a direct improvement.
  19. Guystr0

Guystr0 Regular Bee Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +13
    Basically, the signs were used in SG to abuse a point glitch that still existed up to the new system sorry
  20. xChqr

Ratings:
    +3,722
    I don't mind the join signs disappearing, because the NPCs or compass can still show you all available lobbies just like the signs did.