Weird weekend-weekdays thing [CLOSED]

Discussion in 'Art and Graphics' started by Faysilverwood, Aug 13, 2018.

?

Hi.

1. Hello!

2. Hi

3. Greetings!

4. Salutations!

5. I don't want to say hello to you.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faysilverwood

Faysilverwood Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +1,157
    Uh actually @ShhSpike How do I draw your skin/what is it? I'm having some trouble with this. xD
  2. ShhSpike

ShhSpike Talk of the Town Team Nectar

Ratings:
    +47
    my skin is made out of one of the main characters in My Little Pony. Spike The Dragon. ;)

here is one picture of him:
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  3. Faysilverwood

Ratings:
    +1,157
    So am I just supposed to draw that, or?
  4. ShhSpike

Ratings:
    +47
    you doesn't need to draw exactly like. if you need inspiration its many fan art about him ;)

like this one, it deos look like spike. but with a little more details. and still adorable ^^

doesn't know how to upload pics so ill just post a link if its fine. i do only know how to upload gif's xD link: https://www.deviantart.com/dsana/art/Commission-Around-the-Bend-712517573
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  5. Faysilverwood

Ratings:
    +1,157
    Today seems like a good day, even though it's still very cold outside.
    A few days ago I was really afraid that I might have to work on requests diffeently in the future, because NameMc always gave me some "Error 500 (Server error)" message whenever I tried to view a skin, meaning I couldn't download them anymore, but after two days it was fine again and I got everything for all my current requests, so next time this happens it won't be such an issue.

@ShhSpike No idea if I did the proportions right, this artwork was kinda weird, I hope you don't mind. :-;

[​IMG]

@TNTDragonMC I had a lot of fun, even though I don't really know how to draw a sitting dragon but that's fine because the wings cover up my mistakes amirite. xD
    All in all this is a piece I like, and I hope that I can draw more fancy dragons for you in the future, maybe.

[​IMG]

Also @Ahuvi I just wanted to mention that I can't accept your secret request, because I have to idea how I should draw that skin, the challenge is a few levels too high for me, sorry. :-;
    Have a nice day, everyone.
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Award Worthy Award Worthy x 1
    • List
  6. ShhSpike

Ratings:
    +47
  7. Faysilverwood

Ratings:
    +1,157
    If you mean the blush marks with “bold skins” then we’ll theyre blush marks and it’s kinda part of the style. Also I use CSP (Pro Version bc Ex is vv expensive), I use the Turnip pen for the whole artwork.
  8. Naudita

Naudita Talk of the Town Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +105
  9. syds

syds V.I.BEE Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +2,879
    Aww no worries! I completely understand. Thank you anyways! <3
  10. Faysilverwood

Ratings:
    +1,157
    I feel like Hive's been dying. This sucks, I don't know any other community that is as wonderful as Hive that I could move on to when this place becomes 100% inactive.
    Anyways, enough sadness, here are some more finished requests!

@In10sGamer we discussed this, you said it'd be okay if I would draw this request as non-chibi, and I'm thankful for that, drawing something else once in a while felt good. The only struggle with these colors were shading, but I think I covered it decently... hehe.

[​IMG]

@Setsukuri Here's your finished request, I drew you two together and golding hands (hope you like it), and I still love to draw the Cyborg skins, I don't know why but it's really nice, so please reqeust art again someday in the (potentially) far future. My only concern with this picture is the brightness difference between the color schemes, but you have to be the judge of that, I guess.

[​IMG]

Also @HoneyBlu you wanted me to draw the pose from the Fantastic Beasts cover, but which one? I googled "Fantastic Beasts cover" the other day and got multiple results, so if you could tell me which one you meant I'd appreciate it.

Have a nice day.
    -Fay S.
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
    • Creative Creative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. Arega

Arega Honey Maker

Ratings:
    +32
    Omg it's so pretty!! I love it :D!! Thanks cx
  12. HoneyBlu

HoneyBlu Well Known Bee Team Nectar

Ratings:
    +42
    This is the pose, (middle person, if you don't know who Newt is)!
    [​IMG]
  13. QueenAshlee

QueenAshlee V.I.BEE

Ratings:
    +1,758
  14. Red_Pxnda

Red_Pxnda The Bees Knees Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +859
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  15. Faysilverwood

Ratings:
    +1,157
    I don't know why, but I've been feeling kinda unmotivated to do anything... except work on requests or course, because I'm a bit of a workaholic. xD
    My motivation has been 0 though, I don't even feel like playing minecraft or any other game because my interested is just not peaked for some unexplainable reason, and because of my connection issues. Does anyone have any way to boost motivation?

@HoneyBlu This request was nice (the legs were not nice ughhh), hope you don't mind that I kept the suitcase. In this request I've encountered a unique problem for the first time: Instead of not having enough colors, I actually had trouble figuring out how I'd integrate colors into the artwork, and I also made the shirt beneath the cloak white, it just seemed a bit more appealing? After some thinking I fixed it somehow, I still like the outcome, and I hope you like it too. ._.
    Please tell me if you want me to use red as the hair color and blue for shading instead, that'd be my only color concern.

[​IMG]

@eepgaming Whew just finished this one, I guess it's obvious that I don't draw chibis facing the viewer directly that often, but I tried. I wasn't sure about the green bracelets, I procrastinated by finishing everything else first until I forgot it (and fixed it dw), I also used the background of the color scheme as the lineart color, huehue...
    This request was decent, I was tired so I'm sorry this isn't top quality, I have to admit I was rushing a bit, because I want to take a break from art and perhaps everything else too, so I can come back with more energy later (this plan would probably not work), I should've probably taken my time to do this properly, sorry. :-;

[​IMG]

Have a nice day, hope you don't get sick if it's also getting colder where you live.
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
  16. HoneyBlu

HoneyBlu Well Known Bee Team Nectar

Ratings:
    +42
    @Faysilverwood
    Oh my, that is truly amazing!
    Thank you so much for making this!
    I have no idea what swapped colours would look like, but I really like the way it looks right now!

Regarding low motivation, it might help doing something out of your comfort zone. I’ve had it often enough, no motivation to build anything. It helps to do something that you usually don’t. In my case, I started drawing! In your case, that might mean taking a break from drawing for a bit.
  17. Scmuel

Scmuel Mood Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,355
    Thank you for doing this, I love it!

Also a comment on motivation, I used to love Minecraft, but eventually got bored and wasn't very motivated to play, build, work etc etc, so I took a break. The break probably lasted six months, the only reason I started playing again was that I actually wanted to, not just because I needed something to do. So my advice would be to take a break, and start again when you start to feel like you want to.
  18. In10sGamer

In10sGamer The Bees Knees Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +187
    Skin: https://namemc.com/skin/317f98f80cf3d4c4
    Color palette: https://coolors.co/export/png/000000-ffdc00-bfb200-51cc28-3d6699
    Pose: A pose similar to this, head tilted up at the sky and hand slightly held up
    [​IMG]
    Random fact: Mxdoc once started a pigeon cult ingame

(Doing this one for @Colebowl, Colebowl she'll need your permission)
    Skin: https://namemc.com/skin/c389b37776b36c5a
    Color Palette: https://coolors.co/export/png/262626-8c8c8c-4cc3ff-009dff-f2de00
    Pose: Holding an ender pearl (Optional: and a diamond sword) :|
    Random fact: He's wearing a tiger hoodie, NOT a pigeon
    :p
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  19. Colebowl

Colebowl Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +97
    I give permission! :D I just have one little request. Can you just do me and not the diamond sword + pearl? Thanks :D
  20. Lameatic

Lameatic Famous

Ratings:
    +241
    you're really really really talented!! i hate the fact that im requesting this when your motivation is low, cause i don't wanna put any pressure on you or anything. didn't want to miss out though cause ive seen many art threads grow too popular and out of control. you deserve a break so don't feel like you have to complete this anytime soon. please feel free to take your time!!
    Skin: (namemc is probably the best way to link the skin): https://namemc.com/skin/30ee826f3b4e6057
    Color palette (you have to find your own palette for this, the internet offers enough of them trust me): https://coolors.co/export/pdf/ffe5e9-ffb2bf-828187-00004c-000033
    (tell me if the link doesn't work and im sorry if my palette is kinda ugly, im not good with colors)
    Pose (not necessary): surprise me lol
    Random fact (necessary): jacobin pigeons look like old ladies in fancy coats
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.