Weird weekend-weekdays thing [CLOSED]

Discussion in 'Art and Graphics' started by Faysilverwood, Aug 13, 2018.

?

Hi.

1. Hello!

2. Hi

3. Greetings!

4. Salutations!

5. I don't want to say hello to you.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faysilverwood

Faysilverwood Famous

Ratings:
    +1,157
    If anyone has seen my previous thread... see what I did there?
    So I'm not going to sugarcoat it or anything: I'm bored and I want to do stuff. Since I've been into drawing with color palettes/schemes (whatever you want to call them, look it up if you don't know what it is), so I thought "hey why not open requests to have more variety and randomness?", so here we are.

How I want this to work: Send me your skin and the color palette you want me to use (also tell me if you want the lineart to be one of those palette colors or if I should just use some darker color that fits or black), also please don't just tell me a color, if you decide to do so I'm not going to accept it.

I also want to mention that I will only be able to actively work on requests this week, after that I will go on a vacation and then school will start for me again. You can still request after this week, but expect to at least wait for three weeks.

If you are interested in requesting, please take the time to read the rules.
    These rules are a bit of an altered version of my previous request rules from my last thread, so even if you've requested before you should read this again because it also has a bit more info.

1. I do not draw sexual or inappropriate art work.

I will also not draw art to harass any other individuals, if you want me to draw anyone except yourself, please make sure the other person/people is/are okay with that (I want a solid confirmation via forums, so the other people can either just approve here or I will contact them if I can and ask them myself).

I will only do sketches, so I'm going to let everyone request up to 3 requests, and yes you can totally take advatage of me by asking your friends to request for you too.

If there is something that really bothers you about the finished piece, tell me and I'll try to change it. I don't feel obligated to to assure you that I'll change every single detail until you like it, since you're not paying me for this (and you can't, I don't do commissions yet).

5. Requesting art means you automatically agree to being okay with me drawing you.

6. I won’t take your request in-game on the Hive or on discord, request are on forums only, but this does not mean that you are only allowed to use your requested artwork on the forums.

7. The requester and I share the ownership over the request, so only we will decide if anyone else has permission to use it.

8. Please credit me for my art.

Here are also some other things you should know:

1. I try my best not to be, but I am very slow.

2. If you don’t want your request to be posted here for everyone to see, please don’t post your request here, privately message me instead (on the forums)

3. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them.

4. This thread (or direct message if you don’t want your request to be public) is probably the only way to get art from me for now. I don’t do commissions yet.

5. I will probably become active here again when my next school break starts, and if I don't already close this before, I will definitely close this at the start of November, and then when December comes around I might to christmas stuff if there's time, we'll just have to see, nothing is set in stone yet.

6. If you have any suggestion for me to improve my request system, feel free to tell me, but please don't abuse this to just be negative for the sake of it, I want suggestions and ideas that could actually help to improve this system here.

7. You don't have to follow me or be my friend to request art, all you need to do is read my terms of service (All of this) and show me that you have read it with the help of the info below.

8. State one random fact about pigeons if you read this, it can be as simple as "I like pigeons". Through this I will know who read this and who didn't, and I will only accept requests from the people who read this. If you decide to request multiple times, you only have to do this the first time. I put this here because I want to avoid trouble if possible.

Also here's what you should tell me for the request:

Skin: (namemc is probably the best way to link the skin)
    Color palette (you have to find your own palette for this, the internet offers enough of them trust me):
    Pose (not necessary):
    Random fact (necessary):

Have a nice day, I guess, and I hope this doesn't become too chaotic or anything.

-Fay S.
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
    • Award Worthy Award Worthy x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  2. KablamoMC

KablamoMC V.I.BEE

Ratings:
    +2,708
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
  3. Arrowqueen

Arrowqueen V.I.BEE Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +2,863
  4. Faysilverwood

Faysilverwood Famous

Ratings:
    +1,157
    Thank you for being confused about the color palette (I don't mean this in a mean way), I'm going to clarify it a bit more that you have to give me a palette and that the thing with the trio is just a little side project of mine. :D
  5. KablamoMC

KablamoMC V.I.BEE

Ratings:
    +2,708
    Edited my response a bit, thanks for clarifying c:
  6. Faysilverwood

Faysilverwood Famous

Ratings:
    +1,157
    No problem!
  7. Carters

Carters Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +372
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
  8. Little_Tigress

Little_Tigress Your local senior mod Senior Moderator

Ratings:
    +860
    Really nice that you're doing this! I've seen your art around before and I love your style.
    Skin: https://namemc.com/skin/f643c88a7e1b845d
    Color palette: http://www.color-hex.com/palettes/25313.png Always loved this colour palette.
    Pose (not necessary): Maybe if you want, could you draw me with Shadowphax in this pose (his skin https://namemc.com/skin/6b7e659e9a2849b0) It is going to be a surprise if so and he is fine with it since I have spoken with him about it before. If not maybe just me floating in mid air since I always fly around when I am on the server.
    Random fact (necessary): I've gotten annoyed at pigeons that make nests in our water drainage at our roof. I just constantly hear scratching while I am trying to sleep.
  9. Faysilverwood

Faysilverwood Famous

Ratings:
    +1,157
    Since these are just sketches I managed to already finish two, and I'm aiming towards finishing at least two every day.
    I am also very happy with the challenge of having to figure out how I should replace the original colors so it doesn't look like a totally different skin!

@KablamoMC I tried to make it look cool, but I feel like it doesn't look cool (I even considered adding sunglasses), but I had a lot of fun with it.
    I also added a dark blue for the lineart, since the scheme you gave me was pretty light.
    [​IMG]

@Arrowqueen I had fun with the hair tbh, also I like how the horns turned out (I hope those were horns).
    [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  10. Arrowqueen

Arrowqueen V.I.BEE Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +2,863
    yes they’re horns! this is so cute, thank you :)
  11. KablamoMC

KablamoMC V.I.BEE

Ratings:
    +2,708
    These look awesome, thank you <3 And no it looks cool ahaha, I'm big into detailing through simplicity and you've done it perfectly, so thank you c: Glad you enjoyed working on it!
  12. syds

syds V.I.BEE Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +2,891
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. Jcseh

Jcseh Famous Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +627
  14. Ced

Ced Regular Bee Gold Member

Ratings:
    +31
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
  15. frostbowblade

frostbowblade Famous

Ratings:
    +915
    Thank you for doing this!

Skin:
    https://namemc.com/skin/eebd9d4180c232ba
    Colour palette: Hopefully this matches the correct definition of "colour palette". (https://i.imgur.com/YLE09nM.png)
    Pose (not necessary): A wink ;D And, while this isn't exactly a pose, if hoodie's hood wow could be on my head that would be great. c:
    Random fact: I know someone who doesn't like pigeons 'cause the sounds they make wake him up in the morning.

EDIT: I forgot I had this wonderful picture. xD
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
  16. Evolox

Evolox The Bees Knees

Ratings:
    +1,559
    HI FAY IM GONNA REQUEST ONE FROM U CUS YOU’RE AMAZING FJJSJD
    Skin: (namemc is probably the best way to link the skin) https://namemc.com/skin/e12686e819bd3e6a
    Color palette (you have to find your own palette for this, the internet offers enough of them trust me): http://www.color-hex.com/color-palette/41175 I couldn’t really find one close to what my colors are on my skin, so I’m just winging it and seeing if this works because I like this color palette.
    Pose (not necessary): just standing around with a stern look
    Random fact (necessary): when I go to New York City I see a looooooot of pigeons. Their feathers are pretty shiny and cool.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. oscitare

oscitare ostrich Moderator

Ratings:
    +753
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
  18. Faysilverwood

Faysilverwood Famous

Ratings:
    +1,157
    Hi. I finished my daily work, maybe I can keep this up until I have to go. :D

@Humaenity I like your skin, and also that is probably my best attempt at drawing that kind of outfit yet since I looked up what they look like in real life, but with the animal ears and normal ears this person has 4 ears in total, which always kinda confuses me, are the human ears or animal ears fake? Are both or none fake?? xD

[​IMG]

@Little_Tigress I went with the second idea, I hope I made it "floaty" enough, since I feel like everything is floating behind a blank background even if it isn't...
    Anyways, this was interesting, since I had to fight with myself if I want the shadows and details on the hoodie to be visible or not, and I usually make the skin and hair in a different color, but in this case I made both white since the original colors are so light!
    If you want I can do your other request too (and with a different palette if you want, your choice).

[​IMG]
  19. Little_Tigress

Little_Tigress Your local senior mod Senior Moderator

Ratings:
    +860
    Awwh, that looks hella cute! I love it. I'll PM you about the other one :p Thanks for doing this!
  20. Carters

Carters Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +372
    Thank you so much! It's truly amazing! I can't wait to use this adorable piece of art. I have no idea to be honest, there probably should be answer. But let's just go with... he always passes his ear exams?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.