Unstable vanilla server, inconsistent connection issues

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by TomnicFernas, Nov 18, 2019.

1. TomnicFernas

TomnicFernas NewBee

Ratings:
    +0
    Long version: the server was originally a local LAN map, created by my brother about 4 months ago, and we just recently uploaded it to a CubedHost server so we could play together online. His base is a massive, heavily-extended village. He must have thousands of entities, mainly composing of villagers and animals. He and his GF, who play on the server regularly, gets some lag when this chunk is loaded, but nothing too severe or unplayable. However, whenever I go near this chunk, I regularly get disconnected with error messages like "Internal Exception: io.netty.handler.codec.DecoderException: Badly compressed packet - size of [number] is below server threshold of [number]", or "System.OverflowException: VarInt too big". The average is probably one disconnect every 30 seconds or so.

I've gotten around this issue myself by simply staying away from that chunk. However, my friend is experiencing a more serious issue. Every time she tries to join the server, she successfully connects, but the world seems to get stuck loading (she usually can only see the sky) and after about 10 seconds she's always kicked with the error: "Internal Exception: java.io.IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host." She lives in Sweden and the server is hosted in Montreal (nearby my location), but she is able to play on other NA servers without any issue (a bit of lag sure, but that's to be expected given the distance. Nothing severe, anyway - she does have good internet.)