1. BEFORE POSTING: Please search our support page for the quickest answer!
Dismiss Notice
DO NOT POST APPEALS IN THIS SECTION OF THE FORUMS

Network Unplayable lag

Discussion in 'Help Me! (NOT Bug Reports, Suggestions or Appeals)' started by CharleeNYC, Jul 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CharleeNYC

CharleeNYC Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +4
    I'm not sure if this is the right place for this—

Today was my first real time logging onto the hive since the update, and I can't play. I was in a friend's party and it would take upwards of 30 seconds to pull me into a game, if it did at all. When I was returned to the hub, it would take the same amount of time for me to be able to open menus or join new games. I'm also glitching inside games when I make it into them.

Is this something other people are experiencing? I don't have it on my other multiplayer servers, so I'm assuming it's server-side.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Electrocute4u

Electrocute4u V.I.BEE Gold Member

Ratings:
    +9,411
    It can be your current ping as of entering HiveMC's servers, that is a bit bumpy :p
    I've witnessed another member here complaining about glitching through the world as of spawn.
    Mentioned thread can be found here.

I've myself not witnessed any serious lag spikes or any events related to the "bug". :p
    So it's most likely client-sided as of entering the Hivemc's servers. (connection wise)

^_^
  3. RyeRye

RyeRye Talk of the Town Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +213
    It might be your connection/ping.

I experienced this at first when i joined the new hub, but then a little bit of running around, and the lag was gone.
  4. CharleeNYC

CharleeNYC Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +4
    Yeah, I don't think it's as simple as that. The problem continues, with me falling through the world and being timed out repeatedly. This sucks, as the HIVE is my favorite mini-game server. But I'd like to be able to actually, you know, play.
  5. JollyajaX

JollyajaX Code Monkey/Pixel Pusher Hive Owner

Ratings:
    +13,161
    Well that's no good! Does this happen in all games, or is it just the hub?
  6. Skefull

Skefull Talk of the Town Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +69
    Hello, just going to stick my nose in here quickly as I have been experiencing this issue ever since the update as well.

For starters, I'd like to say that this does not appear to be on the side of the player, as it has been affecting multiple friends of mine and many others (from what I've seen in the hub) ever since the new update. I did some testing, and it appears that the lag occurs both in the hub and in game sporadically; it doesn't always happen, but it does quite often (about half of the time it lags and the other half it doesn't). I can't speak for others, but I believe this might've been due to the new update? My ping is still around the same as it's always been (not great, but smooth enough to play and doesn't cause freezing, ~130ms), but the freezes are much worse and it feels like there are small lagspikes every other second. It kind of bothers me when people dismiss others complaining about this as just being their own internet because they aren't experiencing it, even though there clearly seems to be something off (I don't blame people for saying such, but it is a bit tedious to try to ask for assistance only to get dismissed ;)). Anyway, I do hope this gets fixed in the near future, it's a bit game breaking at the moment, haha.
  7. MonguinH

MonguinH V.I.BEE Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +2,674
    I have also been experiencing problems. However it only happens when i enter the main hub. So whenever I join the server or come back from playing a game it lags for about 20-30 secs
  8. Cally

Cally Regular Bee Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +12
    This did happen to me once, however this could also have been because of mojang yesterday with their servers broke.

I'm not sure though :p
  9. Crayzyy

Crayzyy Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +50
    Every time around 8-11pm est I always start lagging on the hive, yet it says I have full bars for 20-30 seconds, then go to 1-2 bars afterwards. I also get this weird ping[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  10. Cally

Cally Regular Bee Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Okay,
    Maybe it's not Mojang lol

that's weird.
  11. MeowKitty8

MeowKitty8 Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +154
    Hm... I dont have this problem... may be because my ping is- at average- 250 or more
    Just try to get better internet/find areas that have better internet, since it is probably your connection
  12. Kreezot

Kreezot Well Known Bee Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +90
    This has been happening to me as well. I get 're-connection lag' for about 10-15 seconds every time I re-connect to the hub, either after a game has finished or joining the server. I play on other servers as well, although, The Hive is the only server where I experience this. It started, as other people have said previously, after the most recent update and has continued ever since. I am fairly sure that it is a server-side issue, not client-side, and I hope it can be fixed soon.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. Crayzyy

Crayzyy Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +50
    I suffer the same.
  14. Ralius

Ralius Talk of the Town Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +221
    Let me clear something up. The lag is created by playing in 1.11.x, and maybe some other versions, but I haven't tested them all. Yesterday I was playing Hive with the lag explained above. It would take a long time for hubs and game lobbies to load, and after 10-30 seconds everything would go normal again. With the lag, my ping would be 500, without 35-40. Only my PC was connected to our internet, and minecraft was the only thing running. When I switched to 1.8.9, all issues were gone. I've tested if multiple people had lag whilst playing in 1.11.x, and indeed, 1.11.x (maybe other versions tell me) is the issue. I have no idea how a MC version can create ping issues, but it does.

@Electrocute4u never experiences this cuz he always plays on 1.8.x, like almost every other active Hive player.

@CharleeNYC last played on 1.12. If someone could test that version it'd be pretty much appreciated

@_Ripples last played in 1.11.x, and so on. Isn't this enough proof yet? Go try for yourself then.

I've tested this multiple times, every time 1.11.x let me lag ginormously.

Someone let me know if 1.9.x, 1.10.x and 1.12.x create the same issues.

For now just switch to 1.8.x and your connection should be the same again.

Edit: Seems like this is only an issue from time to time, as between 1 week and 2 days ago it didn't really happen.
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  15. Electrocute4u

Electrocute4u V.I.BEE Gold Member

Ratings:
    +9,411
    I do play on 1.11 and above as well.
    Do not get me wrong, I got another account than my main as well.
    And I have never experienced lag with any of those versions.
    No loading issues or lag.

I'd suppose it could be the cross version (from 1.7x to 1.12x+) - Also known as ViaVersion on bukkit, spigot and GitHub.
    As this would most likely interfere with connection and Minecraft versions (if any plugin at all). and not a single occasion event occurred with the host version :p

Useless fact incoming:
    It also handles packets sent to the server, and that would also cause single users above 1.9x+ to possibly be kicked for sending too many packets.
    Which also is a common problem for some people. xD
    Just to throw in a useless fact, because I were bored :'D
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  16. AlMightyDeusVult

AlMightyDeusVult Talk of the Town Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +132
    I don't experience that much lag, the lag I experience though is to be expected of such a big server as Hive is, my ping is ussualy around 39-40.
  17. Dinnox

Dinnox Famous Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +252
    Well, lags happened on other servers for me, I believe that it isn't on server-size.

It could be a version problem, but 1.8.x, 1.11.x and 1.12 works correctly for me. o:

I believe it's client size, I experience these kind of lags on servers hosted in the US, if you live in US, you might have these lags on HiveMC ?
  18. Ralius

Ralius Talk of the Town Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +221
    I don't think so, as my regular ping is 35-40, live in the EU, Hive is hosted in the EU and I still experience this.

All the people I asked who experienced this lag yesterday played in EU and v1.11.x.
  19. Dinnox

Dinnox Famous Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +252
    To think again, it might be the packets indeed. The sent packets aren't the same for 1.8.x, 1.9.x, 1.11.x and 1.12.x .

Maybe it's a version problem, I didn't thought this way, but we cannot be sure that it's the main problem.
  20. JollyajaX

JollyajaX Code Monkey/Pixel Pusher Hive Owner

Ratings:
    +13,161
    The cross-version support wouldn't affect your lag at all, it would only affect our CPU. We convert packets in less than a millisecond, and it's a very efficient chain.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.