Trouble in Mineville Update - New Maps, Loadout Editor, Higher End Ranks + More!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by HiveTeam, Jan 13, 2019.

1. HiveTeam

HiveTeam Official Post Administrator

Ratings:
    +2,453
    [​IMG]

Another day, another amazing update! (we think so at least) - For those who just want to get the TLDR right away, here it is:
    • New Maps
    • Modern Detective Book/Map
    • Loadout Editor
    • Visual Shop Update
    • Action Menu + Commands
    • Higher End Ranks
    • Bug Fixes! (an essential part of every update!)

Loadout Editor

As a Traitor, purchasing items is a valuable strategy that can change the outcome of a fight or game - however, when in an intense battle, it can be annoying to arrange the items in a way that you'd like. To help with this, we've added a loadout editor.

How does it work? It's very simple! In the game lobby, there is now a chest in your hotbar, and right clicking it will open up an inventory of all the purchasable items from the Traitor Shop.

[​IMG]

To set the position of an item, click and move it into the position of the slot you'd like to apper in - once you're done, click save! From then on, when picking up or purchasing items from the shop, it will go into your chosen slot.

Reverting is exactly the same, just drag the item from your hotbar/inventory into the above menu in the lobby and click save!

Modern Detective Book/Map
    While this update is intended to modernise the game, we've added a feature that was teased a long time ago! Replacing the Detective Book with a map listing the names of tested players and their roles.

Nothing has changed gameplay wise, only Detectives can receive the item and must be within a certain range of the Traitor Tester. The only differences are a much more modern and clean display of tested players, and the ability to look at it and read names/roles while running around.

[​IMG]

Currently, the book supports 8 players per page, and Detectives can right-click the map when equipped to go through each page.

This is a very new feature, and we're going to be listening to your feedback. If there are any issues, let us know in a constructive way!

Action Menu & Commands
    Over the years, we've had a lot of feedback that Trouble in Mineville sometimes isn't very fair/friendly to muted players. While yes the simple solution would be to not get muted, it's still something that shouldn't give you less of a chance than other players.

To combat this, we've added "Actions" - Actions are short messages that can be accessed by type /action [id] [target] or right-clicking the compass. Once performed, a menu will open showing the available actions - and upon clicking will either ask you to select a target (EG: Asking someone to test) or put the action in the chat.

[​IMG]

Currently, the following actions are available every 5 seconds. We will be monitoring this feature and making any changes that are needed.
    • KOS a player
    • Test or KOS a player
    • Request a player to test
    • Broadcast that you're coming to the tester

Watson Levels
    Since TIMV ranks are very hard to change due to the community liking them so much, we've tried to find a balance so that players can still be "rewarded" for reaching new levels of Karma, but also not modify the current ranks - because of this, we've added levels to Watson!

[​IMG]

For every 100,000 Karma you're above Watson, you will gain another level - this is shown by a symbol in the chat - currently, the highest level is 9 but this can be extended once players get close to this.

[​IMG]
    Shop Visual Changes
    We've improved the shop item lore a little bit more to show information in a nicer way! The information is still the same as it was before, just with an improved design. We now also show how many role points you need to purchase an item.

[​IMG]

When purchasing an item from the Traitor Shop, we now also include a warning that holding/being seen with these items can caused you to be killed. Hopefully this helps players that are new to TIMV/being a Traitor a little bit more!

[​IMG]
    New Maps!
    Other Changes & Bug Fixes!
    We've also fixed a few bugs and done some small other visual improvements. These can be found below!

Visual Improvements
    Bug Fixes
    • Fixed an issue that caused the Traitor Tester to "freeze" after a player was killed while testing
    • Fixed an issue where blazepowder would be dropped if a player leaves during the warmup
    • Fixed an issue where spectators would be visible to participants when teleporting from the spectator lobby too quickly
    • Added some checks/improvements to hopefully prevent players falling through the map/floor when spawned
    • Reduced amount of pig in suit RDM!
    Conclusion
    We hope you enjoy the update! If there are any issues or something you don't like, please feel free to post any constructive feedback in the replies to this thread, along with any bugs that may have appeared during this update.

We've got a lot planned this year, and we hope this update is a good start off to 2019!

Much love,
    The Hive Team
    • HYPE! HYPE! x 30
    • Like Like x 10
    • List
  2. SourMatt

SourMatt Staff Manager Administrator Staff Manager

Ratings:
    +1,395
    Loving the new detective book so much. :rolleyes:
  3. DDiv

DDiv Your local mod Moderator

Ratings:
    +170
    New gen TIMV intensifies
    Great job by everyone involved in the project!
    Keep up the good work
  4. MudsyKipsy

MudsyKipsy Famous

Ratings:
    +141
    The new maps are so pretty. ^-^

Also, good job with this update! c:
  5. Caro

Caro V.I.BEE Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +19,347
    Ahhh I have to log on now!!:D great work as always ❤️

Edit: the update is so neat! C: thank you!
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  6. oscitare

oscitare V.I.BEE

Ratings:
    +742
    Of course it’s released while I’m away! )':

Can’t wait to play it this evening. :)
  7. Feierwoerx

Feierwoerx Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +133
    Great job as always!

I love the update and the new maps, especially the visual changes. Happy to see one of the oldest game modes in a fresh new look!

Greetings from
    Feierwoerx
  8. Kopites

Kopites The Bees Knees Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +346
    This looks amazing! Looking forward to try it out!
  9. larus12345

larus12345 Famous Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +93
    Supr c00l upd8 m8
  10. Haton

Haton German Moderator Moderator

Ratings:
    +146
    very nice update :)
  11. Scmuel

Scmuel Xmas-erator Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,217
    This looks incredible! Good job, can’t wait to try it out.
  12. LandBeforeTime

LandBeforeTime Well Known Bee Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +94
    Good update, but imo main cons for me are the book changes and the size of new maps, they feel very big (Avalanche and Airhaven, the other map is fine but the theme of a city is kinda boring, we already have Mine City, Westwood and Precinct) and there is so much hiding on those maps, most games on Avalanche take ages due to traitors hiding etc
  13. alssiee

alssiee Talk of the Town Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +71
    So excited to try it out c:
  14. MylesDev

MylesDev Software Engineer Hive Developer

Ratings:
    +954
    Hey! While I can't really comment on the map side of things as I'm not a builder, hopefully I can help with the Detecitve Map. What are the cons about it? I'd be happy to try and sort something out to make it better!
  15. MagicCubbe

MagicCubbe Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +101
    Looks really good - Will have to check it out! :D

Amazing Job.. As always <3
  16. iAmABox

iAmABox Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +339
    I disagree lmao I think the new book is so much more practical as you can run and look at it at the same time

And the theme of a city isn't really that bad when it's more futuristic imo :) and the size of the maps don't really cause any troubles
  17. emerick381

emerick381 Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +354
    The update is good for people who are muted, or then nothing changes for the good players honestly
  18. Monsel

Monsel The Bees Knees Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +492
    Really nice! c:
  19. DreamEagleLore73

DreamEagleLore73 Famous Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +845
    This new update looks interesting. Might have to return and experience it o:
  20. wxne

wxne Honey Maker Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +15