tips?

Discussion in 'BlockParty' started by semijak, Oct 9, 2019.

1. semijak

semijak Honey Maker

Ratings:
    +52
    Ok, so I have played about 120 games of BlockParty and I have sadly only won 5, maybe 6... is there any tips or tricks I can use to get better at the game, because I have a couple strategies like Staying about between the middle and outside, Not going crazy over the powerups, and being in 3rd person.

But still, every time I always end up 3rd or 2nd... It's honestly kind of annoying. Is there anything I am doing wrong?
  2. semijak

semijak Honey Maker

Ratings:
    +52
    also, I see people preemptively move to the block before the block will appear in the inventory, is there an algorithm to it?
  3. CougarPvP

CougarPvP Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +9
    Never played the game. What the main purpose of the game?
    ~CougarPvP
    (bee)
  4. semijak

semijak Honey Maker

Ratings:
    +52
    https://hivemc.com/blockparty this link leads you to the page about BlockParty
  5. CougarPvP

CougarPvP Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +9
    Thanks! I'll play and find some tips for ya by searching through other peoples tips.
  6. Juracan

Juracan Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +571
    What I did was set my gamma value really high. This'll make it so you see all the blocks really clear. If you don't know how to do this you can search it up on yt, it's pretty easy and should only take a min. You can also use a resource pack to make the differentiation between colours easier.

BP is completely random so I don't think it's possible to move towards the block if you don't know it yet, unless you're really laggy. It's mostly reaction time and good spots. Those spots are certain places you can stand on that give you the highest chance of standing close to the selected color. Maybe there's a thread about these somewhere but idk.

Bp is a pretty popular game and you'll find yourself playing with pro's almost every game, so don't feel bad for losing c; .
  7. semijak

semijak Honey Maker

Ratings:
    +52
    thanks.
  8. Calinki

Calinki Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +66
    Hey! I've played bp a lot, and I definately understand your problem here. After you get to round 18-ish it gets more luck-based. Some tips I can give you is to always stay in movement when the color is loading. If you stand still, it might slow you down a lot^^

Also, when it comes to the more "luck-based" part of the game, it's better to just go with the probability. For example in round 20+ you should always stay close to where the colours are collected, like so you can reach more different colors with one jump or so. When it comes to powerups, I pretty much avoid them, even though it certainly adds more action to the game ;D