Tips on How to Determine A Hacker's Name.

Discussion in 'Hide and Seek' started by Apple9494, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Apple9494

Apple9494 V.I.BEE

Ratings:
    +2,203
    Hello,
    It seems for me that recently many users have enountered a problem: when they meet a (possibly) regeneration hacker in Hide, they need to find out his username in order to report him. How? This thread is written to answer this question. Here, I will give you some prompts, which will probably help you at this point. Let's get started!

• First, and most efficient way to catch a hacker is to let him survive till the end of the game. Why? Because at the end of every game, a quick summary of it shows up in the chat. It tells you, what blocks were left, and hiders' usernames who were disguised as them.
    [​IMG]
    Say, it's pretty obvious that a hacker had a particular username if he was last hider remaining(or even the last block of the kind-eg. the last quarts, snow, etc)
    • But we should not expect this situation(which is quite common) all the time. Say, sometimes there are two blocks left, how would you determine who is legit and who is not? You do not know the kinds of blocks left yet. The answer is to NOT try to combat the hacking one, you should try to FOCUS on the other block - find and kill him, just don't forget to have the hacking one recorded, that's enough. Do not waste your time on him anymore. Good luck!
    • The seeker upgrade (or Block Buster Perk, can be bought from a Hive merchant in a hub for 2500 tokens) is an invaluable thing.
    [​IMG]
    Here's how it works: at 150 seconds(note the error in the description), seekers are given blocks in their hotbar which determine, what kinds of blocks and how many of each kind are left, Now we return to the previous point: the perk facilitates looking for a legit block very much. You honestly don't need even to look for it, if it is of a different kind from the one hacking.
    • Note: if a hacker leaves the game when he is last one remaining, the summary won't contain his username in 'Top hiders this round' list. In such situations, open the chat and it will appear in the last server command 'Hider ... has been killed'. Do always this procedure at the end of the game - would probably save you from reporting a wrong player.
    Now you probably will ask: 'These four points are really helpful, but what can I do if a hacker leaves the game in the middle of it? Can you recommend anything that will assist me?' I will reply: Yes, I can. You won't probably realise but there are other ways to find out a hacker's username right in the beginning of the game.
    • You probably know that all the players which are on the same server, are displayed in a players' list, which can be accessed by pressing TAB. But, during a HideAndSeek round, the list functions a bit otherwise. It still displayes players, but only those who are MOVING, ie only seekers and UNSOLID hiders. Once a hider becomes solid, his username is REMOVED from the list, This is really useful in cases when you want a video to be as short and as sufficient as possible. Simple tactic works here: wait for a hacker to go solid and attack him, whilst holding the TAB key. His username will be the last in the list. But if you attack him straight away, no need to worry: immediately toggle it on. His username will be still last (as if he 'joined' the server right now - TAB list shows players in order of them joining the server, but takes your username on the first place).
    • You probably know that you do not need to head to http://hivemc.com/players and type in a username in order to see the user's game stats. A special command exists instead: /records <username> (currently not available for all gametypes, but HideAndSeek isn't an exception).
    [​IMG]
    If you spotted a hacker, who does nothing but attacks the seeker without any risk to be killed, execute this command, inserting any username you choose from the TAB list (excluding, of course, yours and the attacked seeker's). You need to focus on the amount of hider kills (calculated as Total kills minus Seeker kills), and the amount of Hide points. It may take several tries to figure out, but if you see that a user with 3000 points has killed about 30 seekers - he may be the one breaking rules. However, to check that, you need to 'spectate' the hacking block until it kills any seeker - and then do /records <username> again. If the 'Total Kills' counter is increased by one, congratulations. You may continue to spectate the block, spamming the command once it eliminates one more seeker.

TIP: To send the same message in the chat again, press the UP key. You can scroll through messages you've sent by using UP and DOWN keys.
  2. anon0471

anon0471 V.I.BEE

Ratings:
    +515
    Very helpful guide, which will make it easier for users to spot and report hackers. :)
  3. Vektor_XIII

Vektor_XIII The Keyblade's Chosen One Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +1,618
  4. Xeollusion

Xeollusion V.I.BEE Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +326
    Great guide! Deserves a sticky :)
  5. anon0471

anon0471 V.I.BEE

Ratings:
    +515
    There are always new players that dont know the best way to report a hacker.Also new users are probably not that familiar with how the plugin works.
  6. Ree

Ree V.I.BEE

Ratings:
    +1,005
    Very helpful indeed, great guide :)
  7. Nman

Nman V.I.BEE Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +2,375
    Nice guide :3