The TIMV report system is unbalanced

Discussion in 'Trouble in Mineville' started by IlTotore, Jul 10, 2020.

1. IlTotore

IlTotore Well Known Bee

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,
    I'm sometimes playing games of Trouble in Mineville and I often experience being random killed.

Some players will say "report him/her" but the report system is a bit one-sided because of requirement of video evidences.

A lot of players just CAN'T record their game because of their computer limitations. It means only good-computer-users can easily record the evidence and report rule breakers efficiently.

Another problem is about the "guilt" trueness. I already experienced unfair ban without possibility of argumentation. Some people will surely tell me "Why didn't you used the ban appeal section ?". I did, but the evidence was "truthful" because the provider sent a cut version of the scene, excluding the fight context.

That's why I think the report system could be enhanced by 3 points:
    - Don't force players to provide an evidence: prioritize reports with an evidence but allow poor-computer players and just people that don't rec everytime of their life to submit their report and ask a mods whose playing the concerned game to watch the suspected player (like @Intoxicating).

- Trust only full videos with a visible tchat because we don't need to kill someone to appear as a traitor: what if you don't want to test and run away why people asked for testing ?

- Listen to players: Don't give 100% truth to the reporter and try to talk with the reported (when he ask for). Quiproquos exist.

That's all !
    I hope Hive's report system will equal's games's quality ^^
  2. archer_321

archer_321 Well Known Bee

Ratings:
    +60
    Hey,

The evidence requirement is an important part of Hive's reporting system (using /login report). That way, mods can see the rules broken, and the evidence can be used to warrant a punishment against the reported player. I totally agree with you on the requirement to record the entire game, but I think it's already required to upload a recording from the beginning of the game to report players in TIMV (I might be wrong though; if it's not a requirement it definitely should be added).

Moreover, there is a way to report players without having to record the game yourself. Just hop on Discord (/login discord) and send the name and a reason in #java-ingame-reporting.

Hope this helps! c:
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  3. Shadowphax

Shadowphax Night Owl Moderator

Ratings:
    +5,587
    Our report panel is to be used solely for submitting your own evidence. Filling in the rest for what Archer said above, we require recordings of the full TIMV game because we do not know what happens before the recording starts. For example, Player A hits Player B off of a cliff, leaving them on low health. Player A then starts recording, Player B kills Player A, and Player A reports it. All we would see is that Player B killed Player A, when, in reality, Player A provoked Player B outside of the recording. This is why we require the full game recording in every RDM case. The only exception is cases of karma baiting, where it is very obvious that you made no attempt to harm the user karma-baiting you.

As Archer stated above, you are more than welcome to use our Discord server to report players without evidence. When doing so, a moderator will look into it for you and gather their own evidence.
  4. xChqr

xChqr V.I.BEE Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +3,562
    To add on to this thread, one difficult thing with reporting on the discord without evidence is it's not always obvious when someone is RDMing. Usually if the player has around 1000 karma or above, it's not like they're constantly RDMing players. Mods can't stalk them all day long either, so that's why evidence is super helpful for RDM reports. There are a lot of high karma players that RDM as well unfortunately, but none will just go around and kill every player in the game.
  5. IlTotore

IlTotore Well Known Bee

Ratings:
    +0
    I find that randoming is really recurrent.

"but none will just go around and kill every player in the game"
    Infortunately, I often saw this kind of behavior. Don't ask me why they act like this, I have no idea.
  6. xChqr

xChqr V.I.BEE Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +3,562
    I've never once seen this behavior in high-karma players. Sure, some people with 100 karma will just join and kill everyone, not knowing how the game works, but it doesn't really happen with high-karma players.