The Pros and Cons of the Newest BedWars Update

Discussion in 'BedWars' started by paintyy, Sep 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. syds

syds V.I.BEE Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +2,879
    I didn't read all of it but I did see you mentioned the ranks and considering I worked on the ranks, together with others may I add, and we all had the same conclusion.
    We simply realised that the same colours were used every time. There was like 5x green, 5x aqua or something like that so we changed the colours around. Tried to add some colours that were used in different gamemodes but not in Bedwars and people seemed to like it :)
  2. captainsnake

captainsnake Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +506
    Honestly idk why people didn't like the changes, I mean at the end of the day they are just colors, right?
  3. AppleJxice

AppleJxice Well Known Bee Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +17
    I don't have a problem with any of these changes, especially the bedwars ranks nor does a majority of the community. I am more talking about the other issues that most people don't like about the update. These include the speed one and speed two buying, the emerald spawns, and spawning in with a sword. the speed one and speed two for the reason that now it costs more with the emerald spawns being delayed is making it difficult to get obi, speed two and diamond generator at a somewhat quick pace. Emerald spawner delay for the reasons listed previously. And the spawning with a sword makes it nearly impossible to get someone else's bed and kill them without being super over geared compared to them. I'm also going to bring up that if a bunch of people are complaining about the update now on the forums even if they weren't always active should be able have a voice. What you just said is that your opinion and suggestions are superior to others because you are more 'active' on the forums then other people. Which is messed up if it's true, I have stated my opinion here and just because I'm not active on the forums doesn't mean it's not valid. @captainsnake
  4. AppleJxice

Ratings:
    +17
    I feel that this is unfair to the bedwars community. I think that if an update for Trouble In Mineville rolled out and the community didn't like it, it would be changed. The same could be said for some other games including, Skywars, Hide And Seek, as well as Deathrun. Who is a part of these focus groups and is there a way for it to be known to people how to get in? Fixing just the minor issues won't get bedwars anywhere, with many people in the community saying they're going to leave due to Hive bedwars becoming just like Hypixel bedwars. What needs to happen is fixing the major issues that the community is talking about. I am glad to hear that there is a patch coming out tonight though that should fix some of the issues.
  5. kwirky

kwirky The Bees Knees Team Nectar Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +4,432
    Hi there! I appreciate your civil tone. That being said, please bear in mind that there are actual people who are putting time and effort into this update. While it may feel that this update is unfair to the bedwars community, asking for the update to be completely reverted is honestly quite disrespectful and entitled. I can completely understand your points about why you prefer the old version, and these are valid, but, again, this update represents the work of a lot of different people with a lot of different skills coming together and doing their best to improve the game. I guess my main point is that the bedwars community is just that....it's a community. And whenever you have a community, there will always be a lot of people with different ideas and preferences. I would venture to say that there are as many preferences as there are players. As such, we can't assume that the game will change to suit our exact preferences.
  6. AppleJxice

Ratings:
    +17
    Hey there! I wasn't asking for a complete revert although it might've sounded that way. I am more asking for certain aspects of the update to be changed back or made more of a middle ground, the main three that I am talking about with this are actually the three I was talking about in one of my previous posts. These being the speed going back to the way it was before, the spawning with wooden swords, and the emerald spawning. Speed because with the emerald spawning it's almost impossible to get speed two before the five minute mark along with obsidian. This requires 18 emeralds for both (5 for speed one, 5 for speed two, and 8 for full obsidian) in 3 minutes. Spawning with swords makes it really hard to get a bed without dying, this is due to once you kill someone you immediately have to fight them again as they respawn with a wooden sword, making it almost impossible to get a bed by yourself in the early game. I think that the emerald spawning at two minutes is too much time, with old bedwars a game could be over within two to three minutes. But with the new update it makes games last much longer, and it really isn't necessary in my opinion.

-AppleJxice
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. paintyy

paintyy Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +75
    I'd like to note that I myself also made a thread on things I thought would be nice to change, and two were implemented which I thought was cool. I'm not sure how me being active has anything to do with my opinion not mattering, as you seem to imply. If active forumers are being heard so much, then why is it such a problem that I'm sharing my opinion here?

I'm glad you did! I think the ranks will take a little while to get used to, but it leaves more open space and motivation for people to get to Nightmare and Top Player.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2018
  8. Boop

Boop NewBee

Ratings:
    +1
    I honestly agree with paint on this one.
  9. captainsnake

Ratings:
    +506
    When did I claim that being active meant that your opinion didn't matter lol.

TNT, Endstone, the fact that wooden swords deal 0.5 hearts to people in diamond armor make that argument irrelevant, and it's not like they couldn't just buy a stone sword before the update. Games don't last longer, at least in solos and duos. And you can easily win a to4 game in 2-3 minutes with the update. Just don't use emeralds. It is easy to get a bed with full chain in TO4. And the wood swords give you an advantage in rushing early game because you don't have to deal with the opponents having weapons when you don't.

Speed was OP, do you not realize that. If everyone is coming to the forums complaining that their strategy is useless because they can't use speed two 1:30 into the game, maybe you would think that speed is overused.

Overall, this update makes games end quicker if you put even the tiniest thought into developing new strategies.

These things where done by the most active members of our community, sadly, while you may play a bunch, it's hard to get you're voice heard unless you are an active forumer or a youtuber. I believe the focus group was made of mods and builders, maybe some VIPS and other higher ranks.

No, I'm saying that you can't complain that none of the bedwars community wanted something when no one who didn't want it tried to speak up before the update happened. I really hope I don't come off that way in the future, if you got that idea, I am so sorry about my actions and I hope you can accept my apology
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  10. paintyy

paintyy Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +75
    I said imply, not claim. You clearly explained how you felt about non-active forum users sharing their opinion on the new update. "Is it just me or does everyone else notice that everyone hating on the update besides @paintyy has almost no posts or positive ratings?"

This shows what I mean, as you seem to be expressing that people with little to no posts/positive ratings are the only ones that have opinions against the new update, which means they must be void of opinions in the first place as they are not active. Not being active = not worthy of sharing a different viewpoint since they didn't post their opinions before, even though we were given hardly any warning as to what was going to come except for a few rumors. Or am I reading into this incorrectly?

Even then, it doesn't matter as most active-playing and ranked BW players on Hive hate the update ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  11. AppleJxice

Ratings:
    +17
    In response to this question I give you...
    You are being extremely hypocritical, as we can see in this message. Where in your fourth and fifth sentences you state that she's the only other active forumer and that only the people on the forums get their voices heard. Then right before, you state that we can't get our points across unless we are active. So we are now here trying to get our points across but it doesn't matter because you know you are so much better than us because you are active on the forums.

Quite honestly, this is the truth. The majority of people came here to the forums to share their concerns about the update, but as you said @captainsnake "only the people with high ratings and a lot of messages are the ones that hive listens to".

Your arguments have become extremely rude toward me, because I'm bringing up points to counteract yours. You're first point is completely incorrect, you can't win a team of 4 game in 2-3 minutes anymore without speed and not being able to get rid of people quickly due to everyone spawning with a wooden sword. You also can't get chain armour that quick. Yes speed was somewhat overpowered, but if the emerald gens are delayed it shouldn't even matter as you can't get speed one before around 2:30 mark and speed two around the 3:00 mark. Maybe if you stopped being so rude towards all of the people over here, you could actually see our reasons instead of telling us that we're dumb for not being able to develop new strategies. If the focus group was made of vip/contributors and up that's why it's not going the way the server wanted because the community didn't get any say as none of the ultimates and such (the people that PAYED for ranks) get any input. There were multiple people saying they didn't want TNT for multiple different reasons. People came here to say why they don't like the update and when the staff are sitting here telling people too bad nothing is getting changed, people are going to be upset, simple as that.

-AppleJxice
  12. captainsnake

Ratings:
    +506
    THAT MESSAGE WAS A MEME EVERYONE CHILL.

Also, it is possible, if not even easier. Normally when you rush early game you don't have a weapon against people with a stone sword. Now it is wood sword vs stone sword. Much easier

Also btw bellow three-minute game solo queuing TO4.
    (ignore the audio)
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  13. JollyajaX

JollyajaX Code Monkey/Pixel Pusher Hive Owner

Ratings:
    +13,163
    There's a huge difference between fixing issues and wanting to revert a whole update, that consists of so many bug fixes, efficiency updates, improvements to systems you never see.

The game doesn't matter, it doesn't matter if it's BedWars, TIMV or Music Masters. We treat all games equally, and are actively doing our best to fix any issues people have with the update. People are welcome to leave if that's really what they feel is required, but I'd urge that people wait more than 48 hours so we can actually fix, tweak and balance.

This thread is becoming a little too argumentive. Thanks for your feedback everyone but I'm closing this thread for now - you're welcome to leave feedback (and not argue) on the announcement <3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.