Teepee/Indian Tent Tutorial

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by nietcool, Feb 17, 2014.

1. nietcool

nietcool Super person 3 million

Ratings:
    +1,574
    Hai der,
    Now some of you might think: Why would you make a whole thread just for a teepee tutorial? Well someone asked me how to make one and I figured I might as well make it into a thread so everyone can see it. Also: Don't mind the stuff in the background... it's random Equinox stuff xD
    [​IMG]
    In this 'tutorial' I'm gonna be making one of these teepee's so don't expect anything else :p

[​IMG]
    You're gonna want to start off with a circle like this. Be sure to make it 2 blocks high though.

[​IMG]
    When you've done that go ahead and add another circle on top of that. This time shaped a little bit differently.

[​IMG]
    Same as last step, again another shape of circle.

[​IMG]
    Now add this kind of cross/circle on top of the previous layer.

[​IMG]
    Next add this shape on top of the previous layer. I kind of skipped a step here, so I'll try to explain the next step:

Build the last layer up 1 more block, then fill in the '+' that remains. And make the middle bit stick out 3 blocks. Hopefully the next picture will make it more obvious.​

[​IMG]
    This is what the basic shape should look like.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Next up is adding some variety to the teepee, because no teepee is prefectly symmetrical.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Next up add these wooden beams on every side to make it look like the support strutts of the teepee.

[​IMG]
    Now let's colour it. Start off by a line going all the way around the teepee, it can be any colour. I just chose yellow because why not xD

[​IMG]
    Now add some change some blocks below and above the coloured line to the same colour. Make it look a bit random again so it doesn't look too symmetrical.

[​IMG]
    Now you can add some other colour blocks to it, again place them a bit random.

[​IMG]
    The outside is done now. Let's get to work on the inside. Cut out an 'opening' on one of the sides as seen above.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Remove the dirt layer inside and replace it with any kind of slabs you want, I chose spruce wood because I like it :3

[​IMG]
    Add some interior and some torches to it. (I don't recommend the firepit, it might cause your teepee to burn down)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    No build is complete without some terrain, so be sure to make that look good aswell. And that's all.

I hope this guide was useful and if I made some typo's or messed up something please tell me and I will try to fix it.

If you want another guide on something you can suggest it below and I might make it.
    okithnxbai
  2. Electrix

Electrix Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +936
  3. nietcool

nietcool Super person 3 million

Ratings:
    +1,574
    #2Guide4U
  4. lolaemmy

lolaemmy V.I.BEE Emerald Member