Teams should not be allowed on to the server

Discussion in 'Survival Games v2' started by Rigon, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Rigon

Rigon NewBee

Ratings:
    +3
    I meant to say teams shouldn't be allowed on HiveSG but nvm

In my opinion teaming shouldn't be allowed. It ruins the purpose of survival games. Majority of the time its the teams that win and people die way too early because of the teams therefore going into deathmatch only 4-5 minutes since the game started. It kinda makes survival games anti-climactic and ngl i wouldn't be surprised if people quit SG purely for this new rule you guys put in. I haven't played SG in a couple years but seeing this as a rule that we can team up with random people maximum of 2? I've seen people take advantage of this and do teams of 3 and it just ruins the game.
  2. 1000Phoenix

1000Phoenix NewBee

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh yeah, totally. I won't be playing SG because of teams. It's unfair for everyone on their own and isn't fun to be killed by a team of 2 when you've spent time playing the game,
  3. Snugglees

Snugglees V.I.BEE Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +1,936
    If you catch a team of 3-4 in SG2 you can report it for illegal teaming. I can't put out a real opinion on this overall, though. I don't play SG, but I can imagine 2v1 isn't fun at all.
  4. Rigon

Rigon NewBee

Ratings:
    +3
    i understand that i can team up with a random guy but that's just...not fun? To me at least. I improve a lot more if im against a solo rather than a damn team of 2 that's always stacked and even if they aren't stacked you still get overwhelmed by the amount of damage.
  5. 1000Phoenix

1000Phoenix NewBee

Ratings:
    +0
    Same. It's not a game of skill anymore, it's a game of overwhelming. It's now about teaming up or praying to god you don't go up against a team. Talk about removing skill
  6. Ason

Ason Talk of the Town Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +102
    As long as the team isnt bigger than 3 it's fine I guess
  7. Rigon

Rigon NewBee

Ratings:
    +3
    is there even an option to report for illegal teaming? i type /login report and then go to the report page but there's legit nothing about reporting for illegal teaming?
  8. Natification

Natification Purplerator Moderator

Ratings:
    +464
    Hey there!

There is an option to report for illegal teaming if you choose the "Behaviour (Non-Chat)" dropdown
    Illegal teaming is the third option

Also if you would like to make a suggestion about having a survival games with no teaming allowed at all feel free to do so here:

https://forum.hivemc.com/forums/suggestion-discussion.166/

Hope this helps :)
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. MrToughNinja

MrToughNinja Famous

Ratings:
    +10
    I completely disagree with you, teaming is what keeps the games interesting, taking out 2 teams is the best feeling, I mean yes you're going to die to them and be upset at times but that should be expected? You die and aren't happy about it majority of the time. And I would've loved to see you play classic sg, if you're complaining about 2 teams, god you would've cried if a 4 team chased you
  10. Cathi

Cathi The Bees Knees Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +918
    True but also meh. You can be as good as you want, try killing a decent team with good / better equip in a DM area..
  11. MrToughNinja

MrToughNinja Famous

Ratings:
    +10
    I personally don't believe I could but even then, it's possible, I feel like it should stay as it really would separate the really good players from the somewhat decent, it's almost like asking for the game to become easier because you're not good enough
  12. ThanosChacha

ThanosChacha Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +11
    You say teams shouldn't be allowed, but have you ever noticed that hacking maybe the bigger issue in this current point in time. Why do you think people randomly team soo much now?
  13. bunny119

bunny119 Well Known Bee Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +80
    I think it would be really cool if hive made a survival games just for teaming, and a survival games just for people who are alone. Like 2 different gamemodes, A solo and a duos SG
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. MrToughNinja

MrToughNinja Famous

Ratings:
    +10
    This is very conflicted with me, it has its pros and cons, but i personally wouldn't like it like that, but thats just me, hopefull others will share their opinions
  15. Cathi

Ratings:
    +918
    but if you are "Good enough" why not? Team vs Team, Solo vs Solo to improve. Besides being unable to fight a solo as a team, there won't be changes.
  16. ThanosChacha

ThanosChacha Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +11
    ^^
    Good idea if there were enough people playing SG but tbh the community is growing and I'm pretty sure most people would follow the crowd, and there would only be sweats and tryhards in solo, pretty much, tbh max 2 team or 3 team, loads of people talk about bringing old hive back, that allowed 4 teams and people loved it. I mean it is annoying for sure but at the same time this game has evolved since then.
  17. MrToughNinja

MrToughNinja Famous

Ratings:
    +10
    As i said again, "I personally don't believe I could but even then, it's possible, I feel like it should stay as it really would separate the really good players from the somewhat decent, it's almost like asking for the game to become easier because you're not good enough"
  18. Cathi

Ratings:
    +918
    well, some people simply aren't good enough. And then can't really well get better when all they do is get killed by the pros / pro team
    sounds to me like an easy farm as a better player instead of fighting people of your own elo.. ,
    I'm in the middle field, solo player, and would appreciate it very much to simply play, improve my clicks, my hotkeying and such, impossible when you're silently panicking due to a pro team with heavy armor coming at you.
    Nobody, starts as a pro. So saying "because you're not good enough", is a rough way of argumentation.
  19. ThanosChacha

ThanosChacha Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +11
    ^^
    Some people just like to team or are friends in real and want to play together, it's something that just happens, can't really have it all your way, and I'm pretty sure if you want to improve specific things such as the pvp skills you mentioned, you can do that by doing pvp duels or something, I'm pretty sure that's more beneficial, also if you get a friend to test with it's easier. Not saying your wrong, you have a point, but teams is something that has no stop to it, and tbh many people would stop playing SG if it just becomes solo only. Hive started off with a very popular SG which in the past would allow 4 teams, we should be appreciative that only 2 teams are allowed. The bigger problem that should be focused on is the amount of people hacking and have hacks on and toggle when in desperate need. Its unbelievable at times, how many blatant hackers you find, and they win games, and makes the anti cheat seem like it doesn't exist. Teams is not the issue at the moment.
  20. MrToughNinja

MrToughNinja Famous

Ratings:
    +10
    If you want to improve your PvP and you're using sg to do so, you're not being effective at doing so at all, if you want to improve cps and what not. Go play duel servers, they're great practice, McSwish used to be a great duel server that was consistent of mainly hive and mcsg players, unfortunately it's shut down, I don't see many of them anymore, but personally I use hypixel duels to improve/warm myself up. Additionally I understand the idea of creating a solo type of sg. But to be fair, in teams, you'd still get 2v1 situations so you're not exactly Changing much and are wasting time, money and risking a chunk of your player base. I personally believe it's best left the way it is currently. If you feel differently why not reach out to a staff member and suggest your ideas?