Targeting in TIMV

Discussion in 'Trouble in Mineville' started by DreamEagleLore73, Feb 19, 2018.

1. DreamEagleLore73

DreamEagleLore73 The Bees Knees Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +876
    Hey everyone~

I’m not sure if a similar thread has been made before. But I’d like an updated version if so. I just had a quick question I wanted to ask the staff team or experienced TIMV players. Just need some clarity on the subject.

Recently I have been getting consistently targeted by several different individuals (I’m sure anyone else of high karma or premium can relate to this). It’s pretty much the same people every time.

It really makes the game unplayable to be honest and is especially frustrating when you finally get a traitor round and are instantly asked to test and called KOS on, leading to other random innocents trying to assassinate you.

An obvious solution would be to record targeters and upload using /login report but sadly I am yet to download OBS and cannot do so.

My question is that do you really have to test for targeters? Or can you just avoid doing it. Is it really karma baiting if they have no evidence of you doing any traitorous actions and are just asking you to test because they don’t like you or think it’s a funny joke etc etc.

My personal opinion is it’s really unfair to have to test for a person like this and I’d rather not.

Thanks for taking the time to read and hope to hear back from someone :)
    - MischievousLove
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. emerick381

emerick381 Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +356
    Well for me it's the same, for the new season I t passed a lot for get a lot of karma really fast for be #1 and Get Watson ( I already got 13k karma this week). But now it's really harder to get karma as Traitor because every game people target me.
    But if someone target the same person every game we can report them but now it's everyone who target and as you said it makes the game unplayable. But we can't refuse to test or It's karma baiting.Well It's TIMV
  3. Dragonfly

Dragonfly The Bees Knees Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +857
    Report them for harassment, just chatlog them start of game asking you to test. If someone asks you to test at the beginning of the game, every game, it should be fairly easy to build a harassment case.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. DreamEagleLore73

Ratings:
    +876
    Sadly only got video evidence for one game rather than several. We’ll get em next time
  5. Ffeon

Ffeon The Bees Knees Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +686
    Let me shine some light on this!
    If an individual or individuals are targeting you throughout several games, you should gather evidence and report them and yes I understand It can be rather frustrating as It's happened to myself a few times, I've been RDM'ed out of the blue because of my staff rank.

To answer your other questions, yes you do have to test regardless if the individual(s) ask you to test or not (unless you're traitor) then It's different. It's only karma baiting If you're innocent and you refuse to test and they kill you in that regard. It can be annoying and unfair at times but as long as you have evidence against them and report them then the staff team will be able to sort them out!

I hope this helps!
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. DreamEagleLore73

Ratings:
    +876
    Thank you sir, I appreciate you explaining this to me and taking a look at what I had to say ! : )
  7. Ffeon

Ffeon The Bees Knees Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +686
    Happy to help!
  8. Shadowphax

Shadowphax Night Owl Moderator

Ratings:
    +5,572
    I feel you. Back when I was uploading TIMV daily, my videos were getting around 450 views after 48 hours or so each. I got targeted a ton back then. It gets pretty annoying. All you can really do is report them for harassment, as others said above. ^
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. iAmABox

iAmABox Famous Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +404
    I have a list of members who I know target me, and I've figured out that they don't target me when they are traitor : ) izi karma xD
    But still it's annoying so pls don't do it
  10. Caz

Caz Famous Gold Member

Ratings:
    +560
    targeting? yuck. honestly don't get why people do it. it's so pointless.
  11. DreamEagleLore73

Ratings:
    +876
    Glad someone else has a list ! ; )

and I agree @Caz ):
  12. Shadowphax

Shadowphax Night Owl Moderator

Ratings:
    +5,572
    It really is. -.-
  13. Convah

Convah Famous Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +421
    sure it is, but even though sometimes there are lengths put to stop it from happening. again, people will still continue to do it, even after maybe several offenses.