Spot abuse. (Not a report)

Discussion in 'Hide and Seek' started by ArTimCuno, Jul 16, 2016.

?

What should be done about this spot?

1. Leave it as it is.

30.2%
  2. Remove it.

25.4%
  3. Remove the bottom fence so the seekers can hit them through that.

41.3%
  4. Another way to reach it. (Justify in the comments)

3.2%
  1. twistersage

twistersage Well Known Bee

Ratings:
    +19
    This post is about the spot on HV, let's keep the discussion there.
    I never said this spot was fair or not. Let's leave it that way. I feel that my previous post addresses almost everything except player behavior. You win some, you lose some. It's a game. I don't think nerfing spots is good practice unless there are glitches which prevent hitting. I'm quite certain everyone knows how I hide. Sure, it can be considered "unfair", but if you looks at my records, it should be quite evident that I'm don't care about winning or losing. I'm simply playing the game and having fun.

Why would removing/nerfing this spot be a good thing when every other hider in round is eliminated. If it was removed, wouldn't the game just be called seek?
  2. ILyraI

ILyraI Famous Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +433
    Gotta agree with my father here, the spot is the only one that makes the map survivable against tryhards. It's super easy to overcome, you just have to know how, daddy is a smart one; if you find out it becomes easy. but the game is indeed called Hide and Seek, not Power Seek.
  3. Verdon

Verdon Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +82
    At the above user who wishes to remain unaddressed, do you know how to overcome it? Like you had claimed earlier, it was all about teamwork. Despite this, no attempts using teamwork were successful leading is all to the conclusion that it is truly impossible. If it really is as easy as you claim, would you kindly explain? Also, if you knew this information earlier, why lead us all on this silly goose chase of teamwork? lol

If you don't mind me asking, when I had tagged you in regards of asking your side, why is it you didn't just say that it was easy and explain? I just wanted to understand your side, and felt like everyone was ganging up against your side, so I wanted to give you a chance to explain. I mean, could of saved us a lot of time. c:

That is unless... You don't actually know and are just agreeing with "daddy"? Because, no offense, but that seems to make the most sense. In which case, please don't pretend to know something you don't. We're just trying to have a debate here, not show off or win in some way. (Not saying this is what is going on, it's just what all evidence points to.)
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
  4. TNTDragonMC

TNTDragonMC V.I.BEE Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +2,778
    The spot IS overpowered and there is no denying that, however it seems like a powerful spot is needed on Hearthstone as it is the smallest of maps I believe.
    Now twist, nerfing spots is a good practice. You want to aim for all maps to be balanced. Like Space. Space is balanced. It may not seem like it, but a Pro has no problem finishing it, and a hider is fine hiding in it. Every map, including HS, should aim for a similar level.
    I don't want to go off topic, but I have to expand a little. HS needs a change, and it needs a big one. From the need of barrier blocks on the outer edge of the map, to general balancing, this map needs some fixing. Now @Deviations don't get me wrong, I like the map and despite it's cluttered nature had a few decent runs in it, but this spot shows how what was planned by you and Viri did not come out properly. And it's not your fault by any mean, with old system this would most likely work well.
    Now, I am trying really hard not to go off topic into how the map could be switched around and such, so I'm gonna leave this at this:
    The one spot needs a nerf. But it should be done after the entire map gets a buff. Or better yet, at the same time.
  5. Walrat

Walrat V.I.BEE Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +1,893
    Here you brag about how easy the spot is to seek. None of us can seek it.

Yet here you say that it's the only place survivable from "tryhards". Going by your logic....only tryhards can seek the spot. While I am not opposed to the idea of those players being tryhards (that's their business), I do disagree with the spot because it is unfair to all other players because no one else is able to seek it. We've all tried. We've all failed. It's not just us regular players trying to seek the spots. I've seen new players crowding around the spot trying to kill the hider and they get slaughtered by the hider in the OP spot. It's unfair to all players. People in this thread have asked nicely for tips on how to reach the spot. The one time it could have been demonstrated on video you refused to help because you were afraid of dying--which would be the point.

As far as this thread goes--I'm done. The last thing I will say is that I originally wanted the spot removed. Since reading the map designer's post I would settle for the bottom gate being removed. The spot would be fine if more players could get to it. That's the -only- problem I have with this map. It's a beautifully made map and I always enjoy seeking--and hiding on it. I think I speak for the majority of us when I say we just want equality.
  6. Mammon

Mammon Talk of the Town Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +683
    Indeed, your logic @You-Know-Who, is flawed, and frankly it doesn't make sense for you to be hiding there. As you obviously take pride in being a "pro" or a "high-ranker", calling seekers "tryhards" (which is A. Extremely rude, B. Are you saying you haven't seeked before?, C. Huh, maybe they're not trying but instead seeking because it's fun, and D. No need to be hostile), correct me if I'm wrong but you wouldn't hide there unless you knew you wouldn't die there as common logic would be to try and hide somewhere you wouldn't die (plus you're not hiding, proof from a video @timlee999 recorded). Unless you can prove to us (any of us) that there is a way to get up there and "outsmart" them, then you have no valid arguments.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. Essej2

Essej2 Famous Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +1,941
    Gonna leave my last comment on this. You guys say you want the bottom fence gate gone, because that will solve everything. I personally don't see why this would help if you can't even get onto the trapdoors, but I do support this idea, because it does prevent a double hider team in the spot. Good luck on getting this changed!
  8. Konings1991

Konings1991 Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +41
    I can always kill everyone in that spot. Because me is super OP Pro skills. I really think Hearhstone Village is too big :/ I barely have enough time to seek everything. I think we need more of this spots. Like 1 on every map. :D
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. iMin

iMin Famous

Ratings:
    +295
    I hardly ever play HNS but this spot looks like a good and bad thing from what people have said, i don't know who to believe though, if it is indeed possible to get to this spot with a bit of teamwork and challenge and skill this spot should remain as it makes the game a little more fun and exciting :) , however if it is "impossible" to get the hider in the spot it should of course get removed. I don't really know if it is possible or not but just giving my idea.
  10. GoogleWasMyIdea

GoogleWasMyIdea Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +32
    Judging from Tim's video, seekers will definitely be able to hit the hider by jumping off the books if the bottom gate is removed.
  11. CinnamonBones

CinnamonBones Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +42
    I haven't experienced being a seeker and trying to get the hider within that spot yet, so I don't know myself whether or not the spot is 'impossible' to get to as a seeker, but I can understand where others frustration is coming from.

It's a bit of a double-edged sword because the Hearthstone Village map is a bit small, but more importantly it doesn't have many secretive/good spots as far as I know besides this one and one other one I know, and then otherwise the best you can do is hope you find a blindspot to hide at/in (though pro seekers are probably bound to see blindspots).

Ultimately it's a difficult map for hiders to succeed in, so it's a difficult decision to make. But ultimately, though I'm not salty on this spot, I think perhaps taking the bottom gate away could be a good hider if this many people are frustrated with it. Just as long as people remember to not lose the fun of the game either way.