Spot abuse. (Not a report)

Discussion in 'Hide and Seek' started by ArTimCuno, Jul 16, 2016.

?

What should be done about this spot?

1. Leave it as it is.

30.2%
  2. Remove it.

25.4%
  3. Remove the bottom fence so the seekers can hit them through that.

41.3%
  4. Another way to reach it. (Justify in the comments)

3.2%
  1. Verdon

Verdon Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +82
    I wasn't trying to get you involved in any drama, I was just curious as to your side of it as you had seemed to be a big supporter of it. No harm meant, just a curious child wanting to know both sides. Sorry c:
  2. Mammon

Mammon Talk of the Town Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +683
    This is a peaceful discussion. No hostility and no drama... we just want to hear what you think about the current situation @Essej2 .
  3. Verdon

Verdon Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +82
    I'm sorry that you didn't wish to be tagged, I was just curious to your side. c: I'm not trying to argue at all, I'm just trying to engage in an interesting debate, but it's hard when it's only one side. I thought I'd try and give a chance for you to explain your side of it instead of us all ganging up on you. No need to threaten me. <33

But your reluctance to state your side of it leads me to believe you don't have any counter argument. Just saying. Again, not trying to start "drama" or any trouble, just trying to engage in a debate. I'd appreciate if you not threaten me for tagging you, a simple request for me not to like Essej had done is much better. So thank you c:
  4. ILyraI

ILyraI Famous Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +433
    please don't quote me or try to contact me further, this is a simple request that I expect you acknowledge. c;;; I don't like the way you are addressing me and find it highly disrespectful. please kindly stop trying to continue communications with me at all. thank you darling xox
  5. Verdon

Verdon Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +82
    Let me just say to anyone, by making a comment, I see that as an invitation to be quoted. I mean no harm to anyone here by tagging them or quoting them. You posted the comment, you should expect reactions. So I apologize to anyone here in advance if I upset you by doing so, but it really is your own fault. I don't want this chat to be locked, I am just trying to have a friendly debate here. Please, don't be salty and ruin it for us all.

I'll just be the bigger person here and say I'm sorry if I had done anything to start any saltiness that would result in the forum being locked. I don't want that, I really do wish for this to be discussed. So, sorry for any trouble, Mods. <33
  6. happybunny10

happybunny10 Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +67
    Honestly, I don't see how "teamwork" comes into play to kill whoever is in this spot. I have witnessed people teaming together to get in that spot, and it was still, practically, impossible. @Refiicul had said that that spot is "incredibly easy to access" if you just team with someone, but no. That's not the case. (on another note, i'd like to say that going in that spot is very hypocritical after what @Essej2 said on the post @Verdon quoted.)
  7. Verdon

Verdon Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +82
    So, would it be safe to say there is no argument for keeping the spot? Just checking if someone has something other than requests to not have me tag/quote. Lol

So, the only argument that I know of is to steal wins. "soz for stealing that win, I just don't like hearth so much that ill hide up there to take wins" A user who shall remain anonymous had sent this to me over Skype after using the spot against me. So, even someone who uses the spot realizes that it is a way to just steal wins. The reason why it's okay? They don't like hearth. Hahahaaaaa, yeah, no. See, we all know the spot is unfair, not just those against the spot. If EVERYONE knows it is unfair, how is it still there.

(Ty Mod <33)
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
  8. twistersage

twistersage Well Known Bee

Ratings:
    +19
    I went ahead and voted as it seemed like a lot of people forgot to. I'm balanced on the hiding side of hide n seek to give a little info about me. Also, I'm not talking about the map at all, as this post is about this one spot. I intentionally do not hide in this spot, it is overpowered and find that it's not a challenge to hide here. Sure there is a lot of work involved with maintaining the spot, but I'm confident that i could hold the spot by myself. On the other hand with the right people on the seeking side and working together it would be very easy to over come me. It comes down to knowing how, if you don't know how, then you can't do it. There is another overpowered spot on HV where it's very easy to defend the spot, but again seekers can over come the spot. So back to the original topic, what should be done about this spot, nothing. If you're hiding there and want the win, good on ya. If you're seeking there, well, hopefully you know how to tackle the situation. But keep in mind if you are seeking for points and a fellow player you know hides there is in round with you and you don't know how to concur this spot as a seeker, then you should find another lobby or choose not to seek this round. Hopefully enough said.
  9. Houdanny

Houdanny Ex-Senior Moderator VIP

Ratings:
    +2,072
    You just said that it's very overpowered yes? There were spots that I used to use for example the keep roof spot, before nectar made it too easy to get up there (I'm still salty about it xD) that were removed, or altered in this case because they were deemed too op. This game is meant to be as balanced as possible, but at the same time allows an edge. The likelihood of you getting in this spot if someone doesnt want you in there, is very unlikely, and therefore I deem this spot unfair. If spots like the keep roof spot or the tree spot in animal village were removed because they were too overpowered, then this spot definitely needs to be changed or removed. Seekers shouldn't have to resort to glitching or teaming with 2/3 others to get to a hider. God I feel bad talking back to daddy :(

If only government debates were as passionate as hide n seek spot debates
  10. Merbels

Merbels Wannabee

Ratings:
    +6,071
    Right, I'm stepping in because this is honestly starting to take the mick.

If someone posts something, or tags you simply ask them not to either through an on-topic post, private message or a message on their Profile, do not complain and start "Drama" because it's uncalled for and not needed, the funny thing about this is that the un-named users who are complaining about Drama are the ones who caused it in the first place.

Anymore topics which continue a debate which is not only off-topic but un-needed will be shut down and the appropiate action taken, this is meant to be a serious debate about a serious topic, not a debate for immature users to ruin because of something they don't like, thanks.

If you want to argue like children go to a nice place outside of the Hives eye and do it in private, we don't want our community to be affected by the poor choices of others.

I will now be monitoring this Thread, lets have a nice civil-debate.
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
  11. Walrat

Walrat V.I.BEE Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +1,893
    Oh my, @Merbels . We must have really been rowdy to get you here. :(

Curious though. Have you ever played this map and if you have do you have an opinion of it?
  12. Verdon

Verdon Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +82
    So, being aware of how to get someone in an unfair spot means it should be left alone? I'm legitimately asking, I'm trying to understand your side of it @twistersage

Because I know how to get a player in the spot on MoreFrozen, yet I've had a friend banned for being there.
  13. Walrat

Ratings:
    +1,893
    For real though...that spot on MoreFrozen is somewhat cheat-y. The only reason I haven't complained about it is because Seekers CAN get there. The problem is though that there is one part of it where a block can drop down and you can't reach them from below or above. There is a barrier below them and if you get anywhere near them they can hit you away. Once they're in that spot it's game over. :/
  14. Verdon

Verdon Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +82
    No, that hole is the spot I'm referring to. I know how to get players that are in it.
  15. Walrat

Ratings:
    +1,893

Gimme yer secrets boi. Skype dem detailz.

Apologies for going off topic. I'm a bad person. :(
  16. Houdanny

Houdanny Ex-Senior Moderator VIP

Ratings:
    +2,072
    Interesting that the spot you're talking about now is the one that Essej was complaining about a few months ago c; I do agree though, this spot is also far too op and should also be removed. However that should be reported via another post, as once again it's going off topic :p
  17. Verdon

Verdon Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +82
    I was just using it as an example. All because a player knows how to get past someone abusing a spot, I don't think that means it's okay. For example: if a player goes out of map, it doesn't the exploit fair because I know how to said player out of map. (Just using that as an example, I am aware the spot we are discussing isn't out of map.)

Besides, I don't see ANYONE here claiming to know how to beat the abuser. The only way I've seen it beaten is through a mistake the abuser made. The seeker's victory shouldn't rely on the off chance the abuser makes a mistake.
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
  18. Deviations

Deviations Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +280
    coming from the creator of the map itself i can support the idea of removing the bottom fence or something like that so it's still a decent stop, but not invincible.

no need to remove it bc it was meant to be added and it's meant to be op, and it's basically the only winnable spot anyway. its not broken and doesn't need to be removed, just needs some nerfing i think.
  19. Verdon

Verdon Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +82
    Ooo, things just get juicier and juicier... But if something needs to be fixed, wouldn't that mean it is broken? And if it were nerfed so that it may be possible to reach someone abusing it, with that being the only winnable spot, wouldn't that make the entire map impossible to win as a hider?
  20. Deviations

Deviations Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +280
    id rather just leave it as is bc then that gets rid of 99% of the tryhard self-proclaimed pro seekers but judging by the response it needs to be nerfed, no?

also, probably, but every map is impossible to win as a hider if you have a decent - pro seeker in game (eg, i can seek and win on every map probably ~90% of the time), so that point is kind of irrelevant.