Spot abuse. (Not a report)

Discussion in 'Hide and Seek' started by ArTimCuno, Jul 16, 2016.

?

What should be done about this spot?

1. Leave it as it is.

30.2%
  2. Remove it.

25.4%
  3. Remove the bottom fence so the seekers can hit them through that.

41.3%
  4. Another way to reach it. (Justify in the comments)

3.2%
  1. Verdon

Verdon Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +82
    • "Just to let you know, the spot that you were in is broken, like very broken. It should not be in the map and I hope it gets removed shortly because the whole point of Hide and Seek is gone if spots like that exist where it is literally (not even exaggerating) impossible for a seeker to kill you."
    • "...The seekers were winning and leaved said overpowered, broken spot, because it would be extremely unfair for them if they'd lose, which, thanks to you, they now did."
    • "I personally do not mind if a hider wins, but you didn't hide. You just went into an insanely easy to defend, unreachable spot and knocked people away."
    Thanks for the argument to copy and paste here @Essej2. I'm just far too lazy to make my own. <33
  2. RoadEnthusiast

RoadEnthusiast V.I.BEE Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +2,774
    I just want to point out that this map could have been made in a different version of minecraft, therefore making it easier to kill the seeker. However, I want to also say that I'm pretty sure a lot of people that play hide and seek probably don't know where the spot actually is. I would also say that a lot of people that are new to hide and seek would probably just choose the closest spot that they can find, or just kill themselves during the game just to become a seeker.

Also, the hider could have just been lagging. Therefore, they were able to keep the trapdoors open long enough so that they could get there.

If you really want to report this, I would suggest starting a PM with the map owners, or submit a bug report, including what map type and the coordinates of where it is.
  3. TNTDragonMC

TNTDragonMC V.I.BEE Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +2,778
    Yes, this map was made in 1.7.10, for previous version of HnS, however considering how new version fixed the hitboxes, the update made it impossible to get there.
    I'd like to point out That the map was edited from what was given by Viridian and Dev, the edits were minor, TN switched ladders to barrier blocks, possible tiny details nobody noticed too. This was done so that the ladders wouldn't stand out, which is a good thing, however it is highly likely Team Nectar did not know about this one specific change in how HnS works, or even have not noticed the spot. Either way, they changed it once to fit the new version with aesthetics, they could just as well switch so it fits with gameplay.

I don't understand your second point, lag would make it harder for the hider to keep the trap door closed? As opposed to some other places such as the hub, in HnS you are allowed to open and close trap doors. No lag is required to get into that spot, and once in you can see how hard it is to get the hider out.

Lastly, it was said, even in the title of the thread, that this is not a report and simply a discussion thread about this spot, and you can see how different people think by comparing tim's and Essej's views
  4. RoadEnthusiast

Ratings:
    +2,774
    Well... tiny details are the hardest part of a map (in my opinion). I agree with this post that they could have just forgotten to fix it. If that was the case then they could easily just fix it and we all wouldn't have this argument.

The other thing is that he could have used some sort of fly hack to get up there (which I highly doubt that is what happened)

The 3rd thing is he possibly could have glitched through the trapdoors and the barriers (which would be the least common thing to happen)
  5. pokemom

pokemom Famous Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +118
    So, @Verdon, are you saying Essej2 actually said this about a different spot, only making the opposite argument?

No glitching or flying is involved to get there. It's a legal spot (at this point), just incredibly overpowered since 1.9. The map wasn't made for 1.9.

and there's another video showing just how difficult it can be for this "teamwork" a previous poster suggested:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2016
  6. RoadEnthusiast

Ratings:
    +2,774
    Oh I see now xD

So basically all that needs to be done is for Team Nectar to fix that spot to prevent people from getting up there... @spherefs
  7. Verdon

Verdon Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +82
    Yes, yes I am. An explanation as to how this situation is any different would be appreciated. (Even though it would make little difference as to my stance on the spot. It needs to be fixed. The whole map actually. The only way to win as a hider (as someone had said) is to abuse a spot? Haha, no. There's a huge flaw with that. )
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
  8. abint

abint Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +11
    The spot isn't broken, the game is. If we could fix this "out of block" experience we all can have, then more than this spot will be fixed as a consequence. Simply put, we are avoiding the bigger picture by only recognizing the spots... If we really wanted an easy fix without changing the map, flip it. More specifically, flip it 180 degrees along the Y axis. From experience, I know that the out of block glitch can only happen in 2 directions: North & West; This spot faces said directions. Flipping the map would make getting to close those trapdoors from inside impossible (Which is really why everyone here is upset about the spot). I would still like to know why it is such a hassle to correct the getting out of block glitch.
  9. TNTDragonMC

TNTDragonMC V.I.BEE Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +2,778
    The glitch is something from regular MC, and the easiest fix would be to check for any movement, but then you couldn't move inside the block (which is not a problem for most, but for some a big thing). I think you out of all people should have a good, even if vague, idea on what's going on inside the server ;P

And @abint Look at your post once again and ask yourself: To flip the map is all fine and good, but someone has to go inside that world (or edit from outside). If one was to do that, it's 1000x easier to remove a singe fence gate, rather than flipping the entire map around :p
  10. Verdon

Verdon Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +82
    Even if the spot were to be fixed, the entire map would still be a problem... Then there would be no way for hiders to win, resulting in the map being abused for points by seeking. (even though this too is flawed, as many will kill themselves to seek in the beginning.) Best solution: Burn it all.
  11. RubyUmbreon

RubyUmbreon Famous

Ratings:
    +346
    One spot does not make a map winnable as a hider, I admit it took me like 8 attempts to win but game 9 was a win =^-^=, the problem with Hide and Seek is that people expect to always win, sometimes you have to take a few losses to find the right strategy. Like you could win by spot switching yeah its risky but if you switch to a checked area it could be effective. Or not rely on the common pro spots and try finding your own. As a seeker you could check peoples seeking patterns and see if they have an gaps then make a spot from that gap.
  12. Verdon

Verdon Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +82
    Well, there's that one rare game when you don't have players that take advantage of the map. Would it be safe to say no players over escapist were seeking in your 9th game?
  13. pokemom

Ratings:
    +118
    I agree, abint, that it would be nice, but that's just the way minecraft is programmed. Developers (@Externalizable) literally have zero tools to fix this and every other solution they tried resulted in even more complaining from our HnS community. The only solution would be to build a new game from the ground up.

Flipping the map is an interesting idea, but are you certain that wouldn't open up other spots as new problems? Also, it's the ability to open and close the trapdoors that's really the issue. Not sure that would be fixed by your solution.

Ok, I agree with most of the post, but I also love the map. There are plenty of places to win as a hider, though it's less likely that you'll do so on HV than on maps like Bora or Paris. (That new spot of yours, for example, is genius.) But it depends on who is in your game. A team of pro seekers can clear most maps, most of the time. That doesn't make the game broken or the maps bad. But i hear there are plenty of games without pro-seekers in them except maybe during the slowest times. To me, it feels pretty balanced overall.
  14. Houdanny

Houdanny Ex-Senior Moderator VIP

Ratings:
    +2,072
    Feel like we're going off topic, this isn't about this map in particular, it's about one specific spot and essentially how broken it is (yes I personally feel it's broken) the map itself is perfectly fine and really doesn't need a drastic change. If the map being seeked a lot bothers you, simple solution. Don't play it!
  15. Verdon

Verdon Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +82
    Even if I am not playing on the map itself, that group of pro seekers still is. They are sitting there exploiting the map to accumulate this mass amount of points, kills, and/or wins. I guess it shouldn't bother me what other players do though. We are getting a bit off topic though, as Bottled said.

In any case, the spot is broken. Even if you could get there using teamwork, that wouldn't change anything. A player shouldn't need another one to accomplish a task, whether it be hider or seeker (or any other role in any other game, excluding team games.)
  16. pokemom

Ratings:
    +118
    I'm actually okay with the idea that you need a few seekers working together to clear an entire map. But, as the video shows, that was not possible with over two minutes remaining in the game. I have seen this happen in this spot a dozen times. Yes, I can usually get an average hider in there, but there is a strategy that makes the game unwinable for seekers, no matter how much time they have or how coordinated the teamwork. To me, that's a broken spot, just like the one @Essej2 argued against in the post from Verdon above:

17. Verdon

Verdon Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +82
    @pokemom the idea of working together is always fun. Doing things with anyone is more fun. Not that I'm against the idea of players working together, it's just in situations like this you shouldn't need another player. There is only one seeker chosen at the start for a reason. I shouldn't have to kill another player, wait for them to respawn as a seeker, and then work for the rest of the game to try and get one player.

One seeker is chosen at the start because you only need one to win the game. If you needed teamwork, then wouldn't more be chosen?

Also, I had quoted him because of the similarities between the two spots. The argument fit in this case, so might as well use it. c:
  18. Walrat

Walrat V.I.BEE Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +1,893
    This spot remains to be the one spot where I cannot kill a hider. I do not mind hiders winning and just play to have fun with my friends but I believe spots like this ruin the game a little bit for everyone.

For the most part I agree with what Mammon was saying on page 1.

I have never hid in that spot. My friend has in the past and after we realized how OP it was he moved elsewhere.

Also I'm VERY uncomfortable with people on this thread saying that doing ban-able things are only ban-able if they get caught. Which would imply that if no one is watching it's ok to break the rules. I have seen several of the regular players blatantly break the rules by glitching or hacking and I think it's disgusting. We're here to have fun and a lot of the players are very young. They don't want to play with a bunch of elites that get in unreachable/unkillable spots almost every single round. I certainly don't want to. Maps should be fair for everyone.
  19. Verdon

Verdon Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +82
    This only seems to be lacking some debate. It's all one sided. We all dislike the spot, yet there's a few votes for "Leave it as is." Can one of these voters explain their side of it? @Refiicul and @Essej2 (You two are the only ones that I know of whom support it.) That is unless you have nothing to say. c: Which is understandable, it's hard to argue against yourself.
  20. Essej2

Essej2 Famous Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +1,941
    I'd like for you to stop tagging me as I'm not going to get involved in useless drama, thank you