Spot abuse. (Not a report)

Discussion in 'Hide and Seek' started by ArTimCuno, Jul 16, 2016.

?

What should be done about this spot?

1. Leave it as it is.

30.2%
  2. Remove it.

25.4%
  3. Remove the bottom fence so the seekers can hit them through that.

41.3%
  4. Another way to reach it. (Justify in the comments)

3.2%
  1. ArTimCuno

ArTimCuno Famous

Ratings:
    +203
    There is a spot on HearthStone that can be easily abused so that the seekers cannot reach them.

What's your opinion on this?
  2. TNTDragonMC

TNTDragonMC V.I.BEE Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +2,778
    The spot was meant to be there, so no need removing, just remove the fence gates and it will be fine :p
  3. Essej2

Essej2 Famous Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +1,941
    It's by far not impossible to get in, I can easily outsmart two hiders in there and get in and kill them.

Also, good job on exposing the only spot on that map that you can win in.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  4. ChaosKurt

ChaosKurt V.I.BEE Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +1,178
    You can hit them when you break the block below them, but it is bannable.
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
  5. Mammon

Mammon Talk of the Town Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +683
    @Essej2 I personally don't see how you would outsmart them but good for you, though bragging that you can is not the point of this thread, and if you're referring to exposing as in like exposing celebrities then I'm sure everybody already knows the spot from the large hoards of people gathering around it in games where the only hider left is there.

I agree with @TNTDragonMC though, the fences give active hiders too much power over the spot as they can hit from inside while they are protected.

@ChaosKurt Block-glitching is cheating.
  6. Essej2

Essej2 Famous Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +1,941
    He just put the spot on the forums, for literally everybody to read and see how OP it is. This is not okay in my eyes, and it's pretty weird how he's "raging" about this spot, yet has no trouble showing everybody where it is and how it works.

The fences, again, are not too hard to get past, but appearently saying that is bragging.

And yes, Kurt, doing that can get you banned if anybody is recording.
  7. DeathDestroyer

DeathDestroyer The Bees Knees Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +319
    From my experience, it can be impossible to get past. The hider in there can simply open the fences and keep closing the trap doors, and it is clearly shown in the video that the more players that gather in the area, the harder it becomes to even get close to hitting them. And also, the fences weren't really the issue in the video, he never got to them because of the trap doors being closed.
  8. Mammon

Ratings:
    +683
    The trap door isn't a big problem. There's an opening to get in when the seeker lands on the trap door before it is closed.
  9. DeathDestroyer

DeathDestroyer The Bees Knees Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +319
    Yes but if the trap door is constantly closing, there is no way to reach the gates. In the video, he only made one jump. The other times the trap door was closed. This is also from my experience as well.
  10. Houdanny

Houdanny Ex-Senior Moderator VIP

Ratings:
    +2,072
    I would like to add that it's also common for seekers to team with the last hider and prevent said hider from being killed. I know that you can report the teamers as they are breaking the rules, but it can easily be avoided by removing this spot, or making it a lot more balanced. As it is extremely overpowered, and to be perfectly honest, unfair for seekers.

Edit: as this map was in 1.7 when being created, I'm assuming the builders thought the hitboxes would remain the same, meaning it would have been a LOT easier to kill the last hider
  11. ILyraI

ILyraI Famous Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +433
    I'd like to say that this spot is incredibly easy to access as long as you try teamwork with seekers; as long as one seeker is standing in front of the trapdoor or inside the trapdoor you will have easy access to this spot. I don't see you attempting to get in as much as you could 0:20 you had easy access. I myself have seen this countered many times, all you need is to team up with your seeker buddies. c; I hope this tip is useful and gives you some ideas, remember you're not the only seeker!
  12. RubyUmbreon

RubyUmbreon Famous

Ratings:
    +346
    Okay from watching the video I have to admit that is an insanely cheap spot, but it is counter able if you can open the gate and hit fast enough or just spam click click the gate and sword swing to confuse the person using the spot. Less abusive and easy spots to find have been banned so if the staff decides the spot is an issue I'm sure they would solve it.
  13. TNTDragonMC

Ratings:
    +2,778
    Most of HnS community on forums seeks most of the time, especially if HS is chosen. And besides, only 2 players can go solid in the spot, and the more the harder it is for them to defend themselves among all the blocks.
    Not really, the problem is that the fence gates, even if open, are still a block. You can see the outline of the block when you look at an open fencegate, and you cannot hit through that outline. To deal damage you have to open both and run inside of the area.
    Once the hider is hit there is a small chance he or she will sit in a corner, allowing to hit from down below. but with HnS v2 the hitboxes are more precise so it's a much lower chance than earlier, which could've been the solution Viri was going for.
  14. ArTimCuno

ArTimCuno Famous

Ratings:
    +203
    @Essej2 Im not raging about anything here, all I did was explain what the spot did and ask for other people's opinions on this.
    Also if you have to resort to using a game breaking spot to win then clearly you're trying too hard to win a game.
  15. SirFurryWawa

SirFurryWawa V.I.BEE Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +9,682
    tbh, I love and hate this, when I'm hiding there I love it, as it's pretty hard to die. However when I'm seeking, it's hard, but possible to kill ppl there
  16. TNTDragonMC

Ratings:
    +2,778
    Note that this scheme can be put to anything that breaks game in any way :p
    For instance:
    I love and hate hacking. When I'm hacking I love it as I'm unkillable. However when I'm going against hackers it's hard, but possible to kill them.

Of course not saying I'm hacking, this was purely an example xP
  17. Bismark

Bismark a class guy with class glasses VIP

Ratings:
    +4,907
    From the offset here I wish to state I am not locking this thread, I would rather let you guys discuss it and reach some kind of conclusion from it.

You guys can feel free to debate the logistics of this spot, however there is no need for the hostility which is being demonstrated by a select few of you. I don't understand why some of you feel the need to always have a go at each other, it misrepresents the community as a whole and makes every moderators job much harder than it has to be.

I am going to reserve my right here to comment on the spot itself, it's not for me to say what I think about this, I am simply here to clean up unnecessary drama. Which, if I'm honest, I shouldn't have to do.

Nobody has been punished here and I would prefer if we could keep it that way, but if some of the users do continue to keep this up I will take action. If you any questions regarding this then fire me a PM and keep on having a civilized discussion!
  18. Bellugh

Bellugh V.I.BEE Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +2,216
    Awkward
  19. Mammon

Ratings:
    +683
    What do you think about the spot xD?
  20. GoogleWasMyIdea

GoogleWasMyIdea Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +32
    A spot on HnS becomes a problem when people have to resort to glitching to kill the hiders there.