Splegg Spectrum!

Discussion in 'Map Submission' started by Luka, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Luka

Luka V.I.BEE Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +891
    Hey Guys :D

This is my first Splegg map i've properly built by myself and want it to be exclusive for the HiveMC!
    Please give me all kinds of feedback in which i should change or what looks best
    If you do disagree with the name please let me know

Images: http://imgur.com/Rab4snr,tbwRRyV,RG...HA0R5,NLcC2IU,uU72dXo,YXbsUiT,fsQWnO7,wTRn7qZ

Map Viewers that gave amazing feedback
    _BlueEyedPanda_
    SeanAHGaming
    MrLamSack
    OmgItsSoup

Features:

First Layer (Spawning Layer)
    -5 of them (4 players on each)
    -No tnt
    -Small size

Second Layer
    - 4 Layers under the spawns
    - 1 tnt on each
    - Middle layer

Third Layer
    - Biggest Layer
    - Outer ring with connected walkways
    - 9 tnt total :p
    - 2 tnt on each corner walkway (1 in middle)

[​IMG]

Thank You,
    Luka
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2014
  2. Callumm

Callumm The Bees Knees Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +282
    Very nice! Maybe you would like a layer which goes all the way along the bottom?
    This is just my opinion.
    Otherwise good job :D
  3. Luka

Ratings:
    +891
    Ty, might expand it
  4. OmgItsSoup

OmgItsSoup Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +249
    *sigh* see i told you i know only 1 person commented so far but anything you make would be fine for splegg. ;o;
  5. Minecreator205

Minecreator205 The Bees Knees

Ratings:
    +1,138
    *cracks fingers*
    Iam gonna be as picky as possible with this one, trying to give as much helpful feedback as possible. Please note, that everything listed below is based on my point of view, you do not have/need to change anything.
    Generally, it looks appealing to the eye. Colorful block variation. Decent size. Interesting shapes. Somewhat new layout.
    All in all, not bad.
    Off to some random suggestions:
    -Add black stained glass in the gaps on the second layer (Brown one)
    -Remove the trees, they really serve no purpose. They don't fit the theme... on top of that, isn't it getting repetetive putting trees in every other Splegg map?
    -Cobblestone pillars could be either removed, or replaced with, as an example, let's say quartz.
    -The cobblestone walls with the slabs on top (3 layer), might just get in the way at some point, you don't want that.
    -The color transition between layers is a bit weird. This will require some experimenting.. I would suggest changing the second layer into purple/magenta and the ring into brown/black.
    -Talking about the ring, I would suggest modify it's shape a bit.. I mean ciruclar platforms are getting overused... Stick with the theme.. make it have some sharp edges, outlines, etc...
    -I have an issue with the bottom layer, colors don't match the other platforms on top of that it's shape is a tad blocky, don't you think?... Have the feeling like whoever is gonna end up on that layer is basically screwed (similar to Colourbomb)
    What I would suggest doing is, taking the space and distribute it on the layers above...
    The less layers you have the better, try adding more platforms on the second layer, make it easier for people to go from platform to platform... "bridges" between platforms that are about 3 blocks wide ain't gonna be much of a use in mid/late game.
    -Another issue I have with the map is, the pressure pads, it is extremely important to have them floating one block above the platform. I highly suggest doing that, if you don't know how, ask a friend or just google it.
    -The map Would look a lot better if there was less quartz, not always does it need to be outlined.. You can make maps look great without it (perfect example: Balance).. Ofcourse, that could take some time and would need to put the whole map under re-construction, in the end there is no guarantee it's gonna look better. It all depends on how well it's gonna be executed.
    Then again it's up to you to decide if you want to take that under consideration or not.

That's about it, if you need further guidelines feel free to pm me anytime and I will do my best to respond asap.
    Good Luck. ( :
  6. BladekeepeR

BladekeepeR Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +972
  7. xIReact

xIReact The Bees Knees Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +1,168
    Rlly Nice :) I like it :p
  8. Luka

Ratings:
    +891
    Thank you!!
    Wait, are you legit x3? and ty!
  9. Luka

Ratings:
    +891
    This was really inspiring, i'm going to try and do all of your suggestions, maybe you can come on the server and have a proper look at it as well :) ty!
  10. RottenNugget

RottenNugget V.I.BEE

Ratings:
    +4,211
    i like the layout, but i think most places should be wider
  11. b0xx3r

b0xx3r Ed the Social Panda Hive Owner

Ratings:
    +19,375
    We don't really use launchpads in newer maps as they have been known to be temperamental at times with people with bigger connections. Also the size of the map worries me a little, if one person is at 1 corner and the other person is at the other corner it might not be even possible get to them.

So I would bring all the 4 corner pieces closer together and consider filling in the blank gaps with a set pattern? (You don't have to make it a parkour at the start, in 30 seconds the eggs will do that for you)
  12. BladekeepeR

Ratings:
    +972
    Why everyone likes this map, but you don't like? Maybe it's time to listen to the players, and think about the choice? ;)
  13. DarkDinosawr

DarkDinosawr Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +413
    He didn't say he that he didn't like it, he was just talking about the launchpad being buggy....
  14. BladekeepeR

Ratings:
    +972
    Look at the truth of his commentary, many maps for splegg already built and waiting for approval. Reading the comments under these Splegg maps, people like one or the other map, and waiting to be added to the game. Yes, I certainly understand that the owners are too busy people, and they do not have time to browse the map and evaluate them, I am also a busy man.
    About bugs with launchpads. Can add to the game a little fun or hardcore? Maybe at least in one map, we will be afraid of these launchpad ;)
  15. DarkDinosawr

Ratings:
    +413
    To be fair he's already stated that he's not really looking for splegg maps right now, and its understandable, there are tons of them (not to mention they are the one the quickest maps to make). It's a shame that a lot of good splegg maps don't get chosen, but they all started the map knowing they would be fighting an uphill battle.
  16. Luka

Ratings:
    +891
    Thank You Ed for taking your time and looking at my map!
    Your suggestions will be added
  17. BladekeepeR

Ratings:
    +972
    Nobody knows what's going on in the mind of the owners ;)
  18. Surgeji

Surgeji V.I.BEE Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +1,645
    Seems like a awesome map to play on, good job
  19. DarkDinosawr

Ratings:
    +413
    I'm not guessing what's on his mind, if you look at his stick thread it says what kind of maps he's looking for.

Anyways, about the actual map. I really like it, each of the platforms have a nice intricate design. I can't really see how the layers are in relations to eachother because of the camera angles. I'll just say to keep in mind the layer's positions. And I agree with the trees, either rework them or remove them. I like the map tho!
  20. TheApplenewsguy

TheApplenewsguy Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +78
    Is there a revision in the works of the current maps that already have this problem? Wrath, TropicalSnowIsland, Time Travel, Aura, and Tribal?