1. BEFORE POSTING: Please search our support page for the quickest answer!
Dismiss Notice
DO NOT POST APPEALS IN THIS SECTION OF THE FORUMS

Some application questions

Discussion in 'The Hive Discussion' started by Matzal, Nov 8, 2019 at 5:00 PM.

1. Matzal

Matzal Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +2
    Hello!

I would like to apply for staff but i have some questions.

How do you prove that you'r 14+. Are u still able to get Mod even if ur just 14+ or will you get Helper. How much would i have to play first. How long before re-applying.
  2. Wishfvl

Wishfvl Well Known Bee Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +216
    Helper does not exist, moderator is the first rank. You don't need to actually prove your age with evidence, but since they are looking for 16+ as it says, you most likely have a lower chance of success than if you were not below 16.
    There is also no real limit between re-applying, but it's only advised if you have changed between the previous application to prove you deserve the role c:
  3. Scmuel

Scmuel The Bees Knees Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +1,054
    Hey there!

When writing your application, you're not asked to prove your age. However, you are asked to state how old you are. Please do not lie, whether it be about your age or to any of the application questions, as this will only have bad consequences. The Hive does not have a 'Helper' position, you can only apply for Moderator.

Regarding your question about re-applying, you can find an answer in the "Official Application FAQ" spoiler I have created for you below. In my opinion, if you don't hear back, give it some time before reapplying so you can work on being active and helping others around the server, forums and also the official Discord. (You can join the Discord by doing "/login discord" in-game.)

Moderator Application Thread > https://forum.hivemc.com/threads/hive-moderation-applications-java.310709/
    Apply Here > https://hivegames.typeform.com/to/uFM8WB

Q: I applied for mod, when will I hear back?
    A:
    We will get a LOT of applications and only successful applications will hear from us at this time. This may change in the future.

Q: Do I need to send in reports on report.hivemc.com to get accepted?
    A:
    Reporting people isn't everything when it comes to moderating but it certainly doesn't hurt your chances.

Q: How long are applications open for?
    A:
    We have no set time frame for this.

Q: Can I ask mods or any staff how my application is going or how to get accepted?
    A:
    NO. They do not know how your application is going, asking any staff in game or elsewhere will may actually hurt your chances.

Q: I applied on the old application form do I have to apply again?
    A:
    Yes. We have added many new questions since the previous application form to help us find the best applicants. Any applications on the old application form will not be contacted from now on.

Q: If I get accepted, What happens next?
    A:
    IF you are accepted for an interview you will be contacted via email. Please check your inbox often.

Q: Do you have a minimum age to apply?
    A:
    We are ideally looking for moderators who are 16+ years old. If you are under this you can still apply proving you aren't under 14 years old (if you are, we would legally have to delete your application)

Q: I don't have a premium rank on the Hive, can I still apply?
    A:
    Yes! We are interested in getting the best people regardless of in-game rank.

Q: I have been punished on the server before, will this effect my application?
    A:
    It really depends on the specific punishment. The best thing to do is apply and be as honest as you can.

Q: What if I change my username? Do I have to apply again?
    A:
    Nope! As long as you enter your UUID correctly I will still be able to find you and contact you if your application is successful.

Q: Can I apply multiple times?
    A:
    If you have since submitted reports or have other relevant info you want to add you can re-apply. Re-applying without showing growth from the previous application will not help you.

If you have any more questions, feel free to comment below! c:
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Matzal

Matzal Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +2
    I wouldnt lie, but thanks :), thats all
  5. Adriel1

Adriel1 NewBee

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, what platforms do mods have to be using?
  6. Wishfvl

Wishfvl Well Known Bee Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +216
    Since Java only runs on PC, I'm going to assume PC o_O
    I think i may have misunderstood the question.. xD