SkyGiants Love Update - New Maps, Balances, Bug Fixes & MORE!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by HiveTeam, Jun 16, 2019.

1. AgarOther

AgarOther Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +111
    I do understand, but it became wild when the winstreaks came out. I won't give out any names but a lot of people started crossteaming and alting since winstreaks were added.
  2. Bladelia

Bladelia Well Known Bee

Ratings:
    +2
    Please bring back the winstreak leaderboard my friend is suffering :eyes: donk

I can't delete it so like

You just wanna flex boi don't lie > : (
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2019
  3. Hwamzz

Hwamzz Regular Bee Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +15
    Well this can also happen in bedwars and skywars so if they are in them two how come they are re removed from giants? And if people are cross teaming just call a moderator to get them banned or record it. And alting Is quite common you can’t do much about that but it will happens anyway without winstreaks.
  4. MylesDev

MylesDev Software Engineer Hive Developer

Ratings:
    +954
    A small change that went out last night:
    Win Streaks have returned, however they're not publically visible to other players. Players can see both their current win streak and their highest win streak in the sidebar in the lobby, as shown below:
    [​IMG]

Hopefully this is a good comprimise between having and not having win streaks.
    • Award Worthy Award Worthy x 2
    • List
  5. Zyons

Zyons Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +113
    I mean, the winstreak thing really only increases targetting and alting. See what happened to Bedwars, we do not want Giants to be another toxic mineman-infested gamemode.
    Sure, it adds more of a goal, but of course there's other factors like hackers, alts, etc. that ultimately renders that work useless. Who knows, anyone can go on an alt, team with a hacker and target you all game - and poof, that streak's gone in a flash. It's just too easy to lose it.

In the end, the winstreaks just split the community even more, makes it more toxic, ENCOURAGES alting, jealousy and targetting. It only makes the game less fun and more grindy sadly.

Also @Hwamzz you complained about hackers in your earlier post regarding the winstreak. Why bring it back when you mentioned the large majority of your games had hackers in them + if a mod as you said is too slow to catch hackers for you to not lose, will they even catch up when you call a mod for cross-teamers?
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  6. Norkle

Norkle Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +394
    Thanks for the update, very happy to see an update for SkyGiants. :)
  7. captainsnake

captainsnake Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +484
    Ok, I don't like to be the guy that screams "anticheat" every time hive does something besides update the anticheat, but the situation is that the anticheat in giants is... not the best. I understand that it's difficult to make an anticheat and such and that the velocity that the giants and the beasts give you is weird for the anticheat. But why can't you do something similar to how the anticheat doesn't pick up the spring trap in bw yet still detects fligh hackers & bhoppers?
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. Zofian

Zofian Well Known Bee

Ratings:
    +0
    I wish this game wasn't dead
  9. scottsmith101

scottsmith101 NewBee

Ratings:
    +0
    There's a few things I would like to see as extra to all of this about our skies, and it's all to do about The Weather:

1. Randomized Weather Cycles. The current pattern for weather is always the same, and it could stand to be a bit more random.
    • 2. Dynamic Weather Levels. Right now, there is only 3 types of weather, Clear, Rain, & Thunder. I think we could have at least 8 types: Clear, Overcast, Rain, Heavy Rain, Monsoon, Overcast Thunder, Thunder, & Heavy Thunder. This would make Weather Patterns much more dynamic, and enjoyable.

• 3. More Biome-Based Weather Diversity. With these 8 types of weather, some biomes would see them differently. Deserts, Savannas, and Mesas would still see Clear weather during Rainy weather, Overcast during Heavy, and would finally see Rain during Monsoons. The Monsoon weather would in most biomes show rain/snow that is near-blinding, but Taigas & Extreme Hills would get "Hail"(which deals damage) instead. Jungles would see Heavy Rain for Rain, and Monsoon for Heavy. This sort of stuff.

• 4. Thunder Lag. IRL, when lightning strikes, depending on how close you are, the thunder isn't heard right-away. In MC case, when Lightning strikes, depending on your distance, the sound would seem to "lag" for a bit. Every 32 blocks, it would lag for 1 second.

• 5. Foreseeable Weather. IRL, farmers & herders can tell when a storm is approaching, based on the signs in the skies, and in how their animals behave. This would help greatly in More info in my linked post.

• 6. Cloud Whales. These would only spawn high-up, and only during heavy or stronger weather. They would be big, cloud-like, move with the clouds, passive, and rideable. These can be tamed by feeding it with snow blocks, in which case, it will go where you want to. If you kill it, it will drop snowballs, and cause the Weather to change to Rain. If you kill one while it's raining, the weather will worsen.
    That's all I can think of now. Sorry I didn't think of it sooner...
  10. Kelevra317

Kelevra317 Honey Maker Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +119
    r u okay
  11. Striker57

Striker57 NewBee

Ratings:
    +0
    How do u become admin
  12. SlothApp

SlothApp Well Known Bee

Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks for the update <3
  13. SlothApp

SlothApp Well Known Bee

Ratings:
    +3
    You cannot become admin by requesting it.

But you can always apply for the position Moderator.
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  14. Huney

Huney Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +8
    I just started playing SkyGiants.. and I'm addicted. beautiful pixels, amazing work!
  15. Kaido

Kaido NewBee

Ratings:
    +0
    Help. I cannot play The Hive server at the moment by this bug.[​IMG]
  16. Sober

Sober Well Known Bee

Ratings:
    +1
    Shame about the leaderboard being removed. Other than that such a cool update!
  17. liziona

liziona NewBee

Ratings:
    +0
    I love this new update! I don't play Skygiants that much but this update is amazing :)