SkyGiants Love Update - New Maps, Balances, Bug Fixes & MORE!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by HiveTeam, Jun 16, 2019.

1. HiveTeam

HiveTeam Official Post Administrator

Ratings:
    +2,436
    [​IMG]

Hey bees,

It wasn't long ago that we released a well received (or so we think) update to Gravity. We're glad you enjoy it, and we're happy to say we're not stopping there! This week we're back with another update, this time for SkyGiants.

Updated Lobby System & Cosmetics
    SkyGiants is the next game to be receiving our new lobby system, designed to help make games start faster when player requirements are met as well as have in-game lobby cosmetic purchasing, etc.

What better way to show this feature off with some new cosmetics? The following cosmetics are available to buy in the in-game lobby right now:
    • Join Messages
    • Win Celebrations
    Based on community feedback, we have also added a "Random Map" vote option. This will always be the last option, and should it win a random map from the pool will be selected to play on.

New Maps
    The fabulous Team Nectar have provided 3 brand new maps! 2 for Regular, and 1 for Mini. All 3 are now live and will be at the top of the voting list for the next two weeks. Make sure to thank Nectar if you see them around!
    [​IMG]

Relational Game Time/Duration
    We understand that Sky Giants isn't as big as it used to be, and that's fine! However this means that the games can last longer than they should have to. To combat this, the game time now adjusts based on the amount of online players. Don't worry though! Things like double damage, etc go down with it.

Once again this is only affecting games with a low starting player count. Larger games won't notice this change.

New Ranks & Color Changes
    Also based on focus group feedback, we've added some new ranks and changed the color of some existing ones. For a full list of the ranks and their point requirements, you can run /ranks GNT anywhere on the server.

Team Improvements
    With SkyGiants being a team game, we've made some small quality of life changes to make life easier!
    • Added /gg and /rq as aliases to /givegold and /requestgold to help speed up the process
    • Added teammate location, health, armor & gold to the actionbar. This goes through each player, also stopping to show your region, gold, and kills
    • When a teammate dies or leaves the game, their gold is evenly distributed among the currently active team members
    Enchantment and XP Changes
    Based on community and focus group feedback, we've stopped knockback 2 being enchantable and obtainable through combining sword in anvils. Not only this, but now splashing down an XP bottle will give you one level to use, rather than just giving regular XP.
    More Things!
    As with other updates, we change/improve a lot of smaller things that don't deserve their own single section in the thread. We've listed these changes/improvements/fixes below.
    • Merchants are no longer killable
    • Added 10 second spawn protection, which is removed if you attack another player (excluding teammates)
    • Added Win Streaks
    • Adjusted the spectator system to be more like TIMV, where spectators are ghosts and have a "[SPEC]" tag in front of their name
    • Modernized the end game message, including buttons to join a new game, get the log or tweet out your epic victory royale!
    • As of the next Hive maintenance, stat resets will be available for both Regular and Mini - we'll post again once this is fully live
    • Added a Mini Leaderboards in the SkyGiants game room (across from the Regular one)
    • Added more names for Merchants
    Woo, all done! As always if you have any issues with the update, please leave constructive criticism in the replies area. We're always open to making changes and adjustments, as long as they're made in a nice way - as for bugs, please use the bug reporting section!

More updates and love coming soon! Stay awesome,
    The Hive Team
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2019
    • Like x 20
    • HYPE! x 6
    • Award Worthy x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • List
  2. Caro

Caro V.I.BEE Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +19,297
    Already love the changes :D
  3. Rafsk

Rafsk Famous Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +744
    Nice update! Can't wait for sg updates! :)
  4. MylesDev

MylesDev Software Engineer Hive Developer

Ratings:
    +934
    my name jeff
    [​IMG]
    • Award Worthy x 5
    • Like x 4
    • Friendly x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Buzz (Admin Approval!) x 1
    • List
  5. Mineale03

Mineale03 Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +211
    Very nice update! Can't wait to try it :D
  6. wizkrys

wizkrys Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +150
    Super excited for this update! SkyGiants has always been one of my favorite games on Hive. The new maps look incredible and I'm overall pleased with all the changes. Keep up the good work :D
  7. Hwamzz

Hwamzz Regular Bee Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +15
    I really like this update! But it’s really hard to get a streak at all. There is just so many hackers in giants mini. I lost my streak earlier to 2 fly hackers across the map and killed my giant before warmup even ended. I don’t see the point in winstreaks as It’s literally impossible to get a high streak as this is so common and the anti cheat doesn’t to seem to catch on to anything. I played 8 games and found 4 hackers in them and none of them got kicked they have so good hacks.Also with the Gnt there is still team splitting so if you are in a party of 4 and there is 12 people in the game your team will be split in half and you would also lose your streak. I also have to say I really like the new ranks and cosmetics.
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Zyons

Zyons Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +101
    O-M-G! This update looks epic! Can't wait to see all the new cosmetics, changes and ranks! :) Again, awesome job to the devs for the hard work and more frequent content updates to the server!

Also I agree with Hwamz here - winstreaks in GNT is probably not a good idea and it prob relies more on luck than anything. I mean you have to pray that you don't lose your streak to hackers, glitch abusers, etc. Winstreaks, atleast for me, shouldn't be a thing in Giants :(
  9. Kelevra317

Kelevra317 Honey Maker Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +119
    I like the winstreaks, but I agree there are a lot of hackers that it renders it not worthwhile (I get that its hard to have a stingy anticheat b/c of giants throwing you around, but there hAS to be something that can be done : - ( i'm no expert though)

overall it's a nice update, though maybe the spawn protection should be the same as bw in that if you leave your spawn area, you also lose your protection (as I had someone run to me while I was on the smaller-enchantment island and get free hits on me because they were protected).

good work guys!!
  10. Hwamzz

Ratings:
    +15
    I feel like winstreaks are actually really nice but yeah it’s literally luck couldn’t you just not make the giant deal knock back damage to you when it jumps in the air? If that causes the anti cheat to not catch these fly hackers
  11. MasterDonkadillo

MasterDonkadillo Honey Maker

Ratings:
    +10
    Super excited about this update! Grinding ranks won't be as unbearable with the 500k jumps gone now.
  12. MylesDev

MylesDev Software Engineer Hive Developer

Ratings:
    +934
    The following is now being rolled out, and should be fully live within the next few hours:
    • Removed Win Streaks due to a large majority of the community not agreeing with them
    • Removed the "User" field from /records and /stats
    • Spawn protection is now removed when you go too far away from your team's Giant
    • SkyGiants now uses the same team system as SkyWars and BedWars. This should help with balancing issues
    Thank you for the feedback!
    • Award Worthy Award Worthy x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. Haton

Haton German Moderator Moderator

Ratings:
    +140
    Very nice update :)
  14. Canard

Canard Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +3
    The new things are pretty interesting. However, the Winstreak should stay. Why? It gives challenges to everyone. To be in a leadboard or something like this. Why would it be a winstreak leaderboard in every games and not in SkyGiant?

Thanks you.
    Destro_Jones
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. MasterDonkadillo

MasterDonkadillo Honey Maker

Ratings:
    +10
    I agree, I think the win streaks should stay as it adds another goal to work towards.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Award Worthy Award Worthy x 1
    • List
  16. FstMario

FstMario Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +35
    I wish the winstreaks remained somewhat. It was fun to see and compete on there.

The main reason why people want it removed is due to the bedwars community targeting and alting users on the winstreak lb.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. Hwamzz

Ratings:
    +15
    Sad the winstreaks got removed :/ they were fun to get why were they removed? they are in everyother gamemode its just due to the anticheat not detecting these cheaters. I have also seen no one on this forum disliking the streak if so only because of the anticheat issue. Also @MylesDev you only updated main giants not mini
  18. Foonyy

Foonyy Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +11
    I like the new update, unfortunately the winstreak leaderboards are removed..
  19. Aroga

Aroga Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +105
    Thank you for removing the winstreaks.
    For those who thinks they should stay, let me explain my point.
    I use to play this game a lot, and my streak is growing pretty fast (which isn't my main goal) but other people can see it, and when it goes too far they attempt to target and use alts to ruin my winstreak.
    I'm only playing because I like this game, and being targeted by hackers or alts makes me want to quit the game.
    I prefer that the winstreak stays private, or at least not in the game lobby. This will prevent a lot from getting targeted.
  20. Hwamzz

Ratings:
    +15
    I can see this but this also happens in every other game that have winstreaks it is just a personal goal for someone to achieve and be proud of. EDIT: The new team update still splits you.
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2019