Rising water concept - help needed

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by nik9094, Oct 5, 2019.

1. nik9094

nik9094 Famous Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Hello!

I'm trying to make a "rising water" thingy in MC1.10. The idea is that there's an area where the water keeps rising smoothly within a period of time.
    I've found a way but it requires 8 command blocks and 7 repeaters (those don't make for a very smooth transition and is also visually buggy). Making this for let's say a 5-block-high area would mean I'd have to place 40 command blocks and 35 repeaters (which is a lot of work!). I then tried using chained command blocks (the aqua colored ones) but the animation doesn't occur at all, it just skips to the "full water block" command block.
    Googling around it seems like the general idea is the same as mine, but I haven't found other faster methods...
    I need help with this and if anyone knows anything about rising water I would be glad to hear what you know, even better if you know a plugin for Bukkit/Spigot that can do so.
    Thanks in advance :D
  2. Lively

Lively Honey Maker

Ratings:
    +22
    Not sure if you've came across this answer, but I will quote it for you below:

Here's the thread as well, there is a download link on OP's post.
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
  3. nik9094

nik9094 Famous Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +942
    First of all thank you for replying.
    I have seen it but reading through the forum post on that thread, it seems I'd have to add a bunch of code (copy/paste) to the plugin. This means I'd need Eclipse (or other programming apps) and recompile everything. Since I know none of that, I decided to ignore it as it would've been too much work for a concept I wouldn't use that often...
    That being said tho, thank you for going through the effort of googling for me!

PS: Notepad++ doesn't work with .class files unfortunately...