Remove all see through seeker cages.

Discussion in 'Hide and Seek' started by TruePhoenix, Apr 20, 2019.

1. TruePhoenix

TruePhoenix Honey Maker

Ratings:
    +34
    I don't see a single reason have the seeker cages that are see through except for aesthetics maybe. It makes it so the seeker can see where people are hiding before they get released. For example on villa the seeker can see nearly the entire outside of the map before he even gets released. If someone can give me a reason to keep them that would be great but it's a issue.
  2. Caro

Caro V.I.BEE Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +19,488
    I think that's a fair point o:
  3. TrigJegman

TrigJegman Well Known Bee

Ratings:
    +14
    I don't really see it as an issue. Most maps don't have this to begin with anyway, and the aforementioned villa can only have about 1/3 of the OUTSIDE seen, leaving the rest of the outside plus the building to hide in. Hotel and Hotel Cali both only see a small window around spawn and bridge can only see 1 hallway (spots of which are generally well known anyway). Pripyat's view is also very limited. The only other map I recall offhand is shipyard and that is the only one where I can understand the argument.

If anything, you bringing it up probably just means more people are gonna do it. I at least never thought of it before.
  4. Apple9494

Apple9494 V.I.BEE

Ratings:
    +2,209
    what are the odds of
    1) seeker noticing every possible block through transparent spawn
    2) seeker memorising the hiding spots of those that are solid
    3) blocks not moving at all while remaining visible from spawn, and not fighting back at all?
    I’d say pretty low, and hiders can still engage you in a chase. Those who are good at the game have a brief seeking route and newcomers usually wander off in a random direction.