Network /rejoin command

Discussion in 'Suggestion Discussion' started by xOutcast48, Jul 31, 2017.

1. ThatOneWolfe

ThatOneWolfe Well Known Bee

Ratings:
    +69
    Bit of a necropost there my friend
  2. Scmuel

Scmuel Mood Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,352
    I don’t believe it was necro posting, this thread is still open to be debated since it is a suggestion of something that may be added in the future.

+1 from me aslong as it only let’s legit players rejoin (Internet connection, accidentally leaving etc)
  3. Apple949

Apple949 Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +5
    I disagree. Hive Anti Cheat can false kick players from games, so I support this idea to also work for HAC kicks because the Anti Cheat is not perfect.
  4. xNinjax10

xNinjax10 Talk of the Town Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +125
    Yes, please add uwu.
  5. Saalem

Saalem Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Great idea , Also We Need Great Anti cheat in PvP Games
  6. Zephis

Zephis Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +47
    its way way in the future now :((((((((
    (formula) 1 way = 1 year
    made n 2017
    now
    u said 2 ways
    so 2 years
    so its been
    way way
  7. Heccin

Heccin Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +106
    This logic is pretty good!
  8. FstMario

FstMario Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +35
    I would personally LOVE this idea, since I have extremely bipolar internet and could disconnect at any moment. It's irritating to lose a game due to my internet.
  9. AsternDestroyer

AsternDestroyer Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +155
    Only would work in a few gamemodes, in my opinion.

For example, it would work in bedwars, as you may respawn anyways (assuming your bed has not been broken). It would not work in a gamemode like TIMV, where death is final.
  10. Zephis

Zephis Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +47
    You do realize that in a game such as TIMV if you disconnect they can somehow implement a way for your character to still be in the game standing still // or alive.

But then that would lead to issues such as if he never came back he could be any role such as a traitor and may hold the game up .

But if they implemented it where he has a timer and when that timer ends, his in game character dies if he never comes back.

It could also work in a game like skywars, if you were timed out somehow you could use /rejoin and you can rejoin back to your in game character (which would basically be an afk entity designed to be yourself) so if your character died while you were re-logging back in then you cannot rejoin
  11. Crayzyy

Crayzyy Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +50
    I'm surprised by the fact that nobody has mentioned the possibility that someone could abuse this command to gain in advantage in PvP games (eg. someone force disconnects their internet in the middle of a battle, then uses the command to join to evade a battle). Just my two cents.
  12. xOutcast

xOutcast The Bees Knees

Ratings:
    +980
    I think the idea is that an entity (such as a zombie) is left exactly where you are, and would take damage as normal. In this way, people couldn’t just leave a fight and not die.
  13. Jeanekokun

Jeanekokun V.I.BEE Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +3,391
    This could go both ways though. Imagine you're in a fight you "could've won" but you get disconnected and die because your character still takes damage.

While the other way would be extremely frustrating for the other player, this way would be extremely frustrating for you.
  14. xOutcast

xOutcast The Bees Knees

Ratings:
    +980
    I see what you’re saying, as if you are winning a fight, you then die. However, if there was no command, you would then just die anyway if you disconnected for whatever reason.

If you were to lose connection, for example, in a game of bedwars, currently you die whether you are winning a fight or otherwise.

With the command, there is no change - you still die! The rejoin command would be less useful in some circumstances (such as this), but I believe in other circumstances, such as just being on your island in bedwars, it would show its use.

Not intending on being rude, just trying to see your reasoning as well as giving mine :)
  15. Jeanekokun

Jeanekokun V.I.BEE Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +3,391
    I'm aware! I was only reflecting on what @Crayzyy and you said!

This is also why I didn't pick a specific way this should work. Whether you do or don't take damage, I believe they're both unfair for one player or another.
    But thinking about it, I do still think it's better to make it so that you, or your character, doesn't take damage. You can't run from a fight forever, after all!

In addition to a cooldown that was mentioned previously in this thread, - and the cooldown really should not be long at all, - plus a limit on how many times you can use this in one round, this would be perfect in my very personal opinion!

In the end, should this be a thing, I would be fine with whatever either way.

Also, not being rude at all! No worries!
  16. ShadowCat

ShadowCat Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +63
    I would suggest a combat cooldown in that case, where you're locked in the fight for ten seconds until one party dies. If you disconnect in that time, you won't be able to rejoin alive.
  17. FstMario

FstMario Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +35
    Bump, this feature *really* needs to be added. Im quite frankly sick of getting a 30s internet dippage which causes me to lose a game which I otherwise would have no issue winning.

There's no reason why this can't be added.
  18. Hwamz

Hwamz The Bees Knees Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +2,118
    You should be able to rejoin the server/game if you get kick but Hacking/cheating kick shouldn't be able to rejoin. Or make it so when you lag out and your team still wins you should not get the lose and you get the win.