Ranked games

Discussion in 'Hide and Seek' started by LittlePoliceBoi, May 27, 2020.

?

Should The Hive split Hide and Seek into three ranked games to improve fairness!

1. Add ranked games!

2. Keep the current system!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. LittlePoliceBoi

LittlePoliceBoi NewBee

Ratings:
    +3
    I am seeing that, in Hide and Seek games, more experienced players are shredding through the newer players, and newer players never find the more experienced ones. This is because the more experienced players have a good idea of where to hide. As there will likely not be enough players to justify creating ranked games for each rank, I think it would be a good idea to split games in three; the first third of ranks, the middle third of ranks and the last third of ranks. This would hopefully allow for fairer games as people are on roughly the same level.
  2. PieCattooo

PieCattooo Well Known Bee

Ratings:
    +107
    Well, newer players will need to learn from more skilled ones. I learnt most of my hide and seek skills from watching the bold ranked players seek, and if you want to hide, well you can join a lobby without them or try to find a new spot. It can be annoying, but sometimes you need to get through it-

Hope this helped!
  3. Wishfvl

Wishfvl Famous Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +1,072
    Okay first I find this hilarious that you make a polite thread about how the game should be changed after playing a few games with you where you were nothing but abusive and made it clear you thought all players with any knowledge of the game were just people who sweated 24/7 instead of being productive and went out of your way to insult me whenever I did anything just because I was high ranked, and secondly I don't know any currently decent/good players who haven't learned from other people. Most people get a bit higher experienced than using map made spots and checking every block by seeing higher ranked player's spots and asking them for their techniques and watching them (as PieCatto just backed up).
    High ranked players have become high ranked because they put time and effort into the game that lower ranked players mabye haven't, for example in the games you really enjoyed voicing your opinions about how some players kill lots of hiders without seeming like they put too much effort into it, but if you check our stats you'll see those kind of seekers have thousands more games played than the average player so of course they don't yet know the sneakiest spots to hide well.

If the game was divided into sections based on points that would make no sense because 95% of people are in the lower tier, so other tiers would get no games, and people would progress much slower.
    Also, seeker mains gain points a lot faster than hider mains, so it would still actually be unbalanced. There are lots of brilliant hiders who I struggle with some games who are below Invisible rank, so they aren't necessarily 'high ranked' points-wise.
    Last edited: May 27, 2020
  4. LittlePoliceBoi

LittlePoliceBoi NewBee

Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks for your contribution, sorry if I offended you in any way, but that's just my sense of humour, and wasn't offensive imo. I said around three things of what i thought, and didn't 'go out of my way to insult you'. This is my solution to this.
  5. Cari

Cari Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +153
    I would just like to add that this kind of ranked system is not suitable for this type of game. It would work in FFA games, im pretty certained.
    The main reason why it will not work is because the skill needed does not change between both variants.
    The Seekers just play the game regarless of whos in the game, and using 'pro spots' as a hider doesnt help to win against such high ranked players.
    Like wishfvl said, the only reason why theres a skill gap in hiding is because high ranks invested time into comming up with these ideas to 'hide away' from lower ranks.

Having low ranked games would make a little more sense, to keep 'tryhards' out of games, but theres no direct reason to make the change and its not even guaranteed because of alting.