1. BEFORE POSTING: Please search our support page for the quickest answer!
Dismiss Notice
DO NOT POST APPEALS IN THIS SECTION OF THE FORUMS

Network Proxy error while connecting

Discussion in 'Help Me! (NOT Bug Reports, Suggestions or Appeals)' started by Yellow375, Mar 26, 2020 at 4:04 PM.

1. Yellow375

Yellow375 Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +1
    Hello everyone !
    Since yesterday , I can't connect because either the server is full ("full" because 3400 / 20000 slots used is not so full) or because I can see the hub and it instantly disconnects me because of a proxy error (see image)
    How can I connect ?
    Yellow375

proxyhivemc.png
  2. Gargant

Gargant Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +236
    Try checking if there is a firewall or something preventing minecraft from accesing internet :)
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Yellow375

Yellow375 Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +1
    The problem is that i have this problem only on HiveMC :/
  4. Gargant

Gargant Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +236
    I suggest waiting for someone who knows about this stuff... Can't really help you mate, even though I'd like to...
  5. Wishfvl

Wishfvl Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +540
    From what I've seen that's caused by issues with 3rd party addons like mods or texture packs- if you're using any try disabling them and see what happens. As it's only this server, you could also try using 1.8.9 as that's the recommended version.
  6. nik9094

nik9094 The Bees Knees Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +1,104
    whaaaaat really?

Try disabling VPNs if you use any, log in with no mods except Optifine and use versions between 1.8 and 1.15. 1.8.9 may be recommended but the difference is minimal if you're just trying to log in. Try using different IP's too! Hive has a few... (below)
    Unfortunately I'm not particularly sure what a Proxy error would be, but you'll have luck googling it since others have most likely experienced your issue. Do keep in mind however, the number of online players you see in the multiplayer screen isn't very reliable. Hive's also experiencing high traffic and due to the player cap that the server currently has, you may not be able to log in. You can circumvent the cap by purchasing a rank.

It would be appreciated to have more info on your situation as it would help us out a bit, if you have anything else to say that is...

List of IP's you can try:
    - play.hivemc.com (numeric: 51.255.87.127)
    - play.hivemc.eu (numeric: 149.202.83.122)
    - premium.hivemc.com (only available for Premium Members, if you're not Premium you won't be able to use this IP) (numeric: 149.202.93.178)
    - hive.sexy (yes, seriously) (numeric: same as play.hivemc.com)

I verified the location of each numeric IP and they're all directed to France, which is where Hive hosts their server. You can trust the IPs I've listed.
  7. Yellow375

Yellow375 Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +1
    2 things :
    1 - I use 1.8.9 with OptiFine (so it's ok normally)
    2 - Really in France @nik9094 ? That's wher I live x)
    I will try later for it (not available right now)
  8. nik9094

Ratings:
    +1,104
    I'm not great with network connections problems, but it's quite weird how you can't connect only to Hive.
    I might exclude other issues except the player cap which might influence your ability to join.
    Stupid guess... have you changed your name recently and forgot to relog? Perhaps that could do something too.
  9. Yellow375

Yellow375 Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +1
    Since I have my minecraft account i never changed my name !
  10. nik9094

Ratings:
    +1,104
    I'm afraid I'm not particularly sure what you could do now, try googling your problem and maybe you can do something...
    Good luck!
  11. Yellow375

Yellow375 Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +1
    Oh and I tested the adresses and I have the proxy error even on the premium one (i'm not premium)
  12. Yellow375

Yellow375 Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +1
    Problem resolved !
    I needed to change to another launcher than the official (here the Pactify Launcher (not an ad))
    Yellow