Poll —How familiar with Minecraft Combat are you ?

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by Nepew, Aug 9, 2019.

?

How familiar with Minecraft (melee) combat are you ?

1. Wait, Minecraft HAS combat !?

2. Not very familiar —you just aim and click on something to attack

3. Somewhat familiar —I know about critical hits and blocking

4. Decently familiar —good players have good aim, strafe, timing/click speed, I've played over 10 hours

5. Fairly familiar —understand rods and blockhitting, I've played over 20 hours of combat gamemodes

6. Quite familiar —I know what it means to: W-tap or Rod Crit, and I've played over 50 hours of combat

7. Definitely familiar —understand sprint-reset or damage override causing rod crits, played > 50 hrs

8. Undeniably experienced —all of the above, played > 100 hrs, know at least 7 unlisted techniques

9. Mastered —I can perform the n-strafes combo, and understand how rod wrapping works, > 200 hrs

10. I'm literally the best —You are literally (dictionary definition) the best.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Nepew

Nepew Famous

Ratings:
    +47
    Hello, fellow Minecraft players of HiveMC ~

I am currently making suggestions, along with other players, for the new combat update snapshot. I would like information about how experienced players from different communities are with Minecraft combat.

This information will both help us decide which suggestions to make, how to balance them, and how to phrase them in the most concise, efficient way, so that the many different communities that play this lovely, beautiful, blocky game can all understand.

And I'll be honest with you, I'm quite interested in the statistics, too.

Note: If someone decides to make similar polls for individual minigames on this server, please link the polls in the comments (if that is allowed, otherwise please tell me that it's not allowed and instead PM me)

(Note: If this poll is in the wrong section, which I'm pretty sure it's not, please move it to the correct section).
  2. Juracan

Juracan Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +612
    This is very hard to stick to one option. The thing with Hive is, it's not a pvp server (only 3 games out of 26 are raw pvp, the SG's). I can only speak for myself but I picked up some aspects of pvp along the way, not through spending "X hours" on pvp. Slaparoo learned me how to strafe, splegg how to spam click and BD how to combo. Only splegg counts probably for 200+ hours for me, but I have no idea what rod wrapping is. Idk if Hive is the best place to ask this, maybe in the SG subforums?
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Nepew

Nepew Famous

Ratings:
    +47
    That's fair. I wanted to make it limiting so players would be forced to decide on one. That being said, I've realized that the time spent and techniques don't really match —many players have played over hundreds of hours, are good, but don't even know how blockhitting resets sprint, or why rods work in PvP. I might do a second version of this poll, eventually.

I also added another option since people kept choosing the "liar-catch" option. Rod wrapping and n-strafes don't actually exist, people :^) (gg to people who were about to choose it but read this first). I think I should had made it > 2000 hours rather than 200, since 200 is actually fairly small for a game like Minecraft in hindsight.
  4. Zyons

Zyons Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +120
    As someone who spent hours watching MCSG and PotPvP videos a few years ago, I can definitely say I know a good amount about in-depth PvP mechanics like how rodding can cause crits, sprint resetting, W-taps etc.

Though I don't know much about stuff like CPS, different types of strafing or how to use secondaries very well.
  5. SilverJ17

SilverJ17 The Bees Knees

Ratings:
    +119
    Decently Familiar, but with a lot of experience. I still suck at it either way. I have little to no idea what blockhitting, n-strafes, and rods are. I think I remember why I quit this game months to a year ago, other than getting a Switch, PS4, and investing a lot of time into another game.