Personal Experience

Discussion in 'Hide and Seek' started by Gideeon, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Giddugh

Giddugh Talk of the Town Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +258
    Personally, I’m more of the seeker player in HnS.

However, do anyone else sometimes feel bad for all those hiders we keep killing? Like those innocent players who just wanna hide and we all kill em straight away. Occasionally, I feel quite bad for them (and I honestly don’t know why) but I’ve just thought of it and wanted to find out if anyone thought of it too.
  2. Scmuel

Scmuel Famous Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +643
    I'm more of a hider in HnS.

I don't really like seeking, I find it rather boring going around hitting blocks unless of course, you find someone, then I find it fun. However, as a hider, the purpose is not to get killed, so it's rather fun to see them running around as it makes you tense up in anticipation of being hit, and then having to run around the map until the game ends.

But as a seeker, I don't really feel bad for finding and killing hiders, as that's the point of the game!
  3. HerTigerBoy

HerTigerBoy Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +4
    It depends. Sometimes yes if the same person is killed in the same spot in a lot of. games in a row, but other times no.
  4. Prawnzza

Prawnzza Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +1
    Yeah, you're definitely not alone there. Sometimes I feel very guilty about it--guilty enough to have a bit of a seeking relapse, where I hide in all my games for days, even weeks at a time. (Of course, if my seeker kills count says anything, it's that I've always eventually gone back to tryharding. I like to think that in the end, I finally managed to strike a good balance between seeking and hiding, though.)

At times, I wonder if players like me were the reason why HnS started losing players. Playing your first game and getting killed almost instantly couldn't have been very encouraging for many new players. With all the kills I have, it's likely that I've turned at least a few hundred or so away from the game. Someone had brought it up in the past--that I had killed a small country's worth of people in HnS. Sure, I'm not actually killing anyone in real life, but I still would've worsened a good number of people's days. I used to laugh at people who accused me of hacking when I seeked, or when someone died immediately after boasting about their spot in chat, but now I realise how much of an impact on HnS all those little moments could've had when added up.

Or maybe I'm just being dramatic. Lol. But yeah, I do feel guilty about killing hiders.
  5. Mr3lueSky

Mr3lueSky The Bees Knees Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +1,507
    I’m definitely more of a hider, and I can’t help but giggle whenever a seeker walks past me x)
  6. Caro

Caro V.I.BEE Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +17,582
    I know that feeling too but I like just seeking way tooooo much :C
  7. n3t

n3t Honey Maker Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +17
    It doesn't bother me really, unless they're a super new player.
  8. Ponyah

Ponyah V.I.BEE Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +4,033
    I die in Hide and Se
  9. CrusadingAgent

CrusadingAgent The Bees Knees

Ratings:
    +1,360
    yes leave the newbies alone
  10. _reph_

_reph_ Famous Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +133
    Seeking is awesome don’t @ me
    Also I don’t feel too bad unless they’re either new players or my friends.