Now it's time to bring back the original "Town Square"

Discussion in 'Hide and Seek' started by Bandicoot803, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Bandicoot803

Bandicoot803 Well Known Bee

Ratings:
    +48
    Hello Everyone!

It's been a year since I've posted this thread below

https://forum.hivemc.com/threads/vote-for-the-original-town-square-comeback.277546/

where at approximately a few days earlier, the new "Town Square: Revamped" has been introduced. But what happened to it? Here are a few issues:
    #1: It's way too big
    #2: 80% of the houses are inaccessible, locking up good hiding spots.
    #3: It is in no way better than the original "Town Square"

I do - of course - respect all the hard work which had been put into this map, but many people have made their decision:
    75% want the original "Town Square" back.

Now it's up to the Hive Admins & Devs to bring back the Original Town Square on the list! We would all be grateful for that gentle move of yours.
  2. Gideeon

Gideeon Talk of the Town Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +298
    I feel that the original is almost much more easy to seek. The revamped one has lots of decorations and details to it, and it’s an overall large map, therefore it’s hard to seek there. :)
  3. TheWildBurger

TheWildBurger Honey Maker

Ratings:
    +25
    Agreed. I miss the original map, the new one is so big to seek, with too many houses. Pratically a free win for hiders.
  4. GreekManOfGreece

GreekManOfGreece Famous

Ratings:
    +176
    Somehow I doubt that this thread or the other will make the devs add the map back, or even think about doing it ._.
    I mean, just 61 people voting about this isn't anywhere near enough for that...
  5. bobib

bobib Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +3
    Brlns server for MPCE/Win10 edition still have that original Town Square map (older than hivemc edited version) and other old versions of H&S maps. That brings back memories
  6. TNTDragonMC

TNTDragonMC V.I.BEE Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +2,778
    The Bedrock Edition of Hive is separate to the Java Edition, and that includes the playerbase. Vast majority of Bedrock players won't come from Java, which means that to them there would be no nostalgia to bring back. Hence there isn't really a reason to put Town Square on Bedrock because, let's face it, it is not the most visually appealing map.
  7. GreekManOfGreece

GreekManOfGreece Famous

Ratings:
    +176
    The thing is, he's not even talking about TheHive's Bedrock Edition, but some entirely different server that has an old Hive map... which I find concerning, to say the least...
  8. DarthKyloo

DarthKyloo NewBee

Ratings:
    +0
    I've heard that Team Nectar took Town square out of the map rotation to make some major changes so maybe we'll see it back in the near future!