Much More Hackers/Cheaters in games since the last few months

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Razogoth, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Razogoth

Razogoth The Bees Knees Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +337
    Is it only me or do you guys also encounter way more cheaters in games (not only minecraft) than a few months ago?
    To me it feels like the number of cheaters in games has been growing extremely in the last few months and continously over the past few years. Back in 2013/14 I rarely encountered cheaters in games but now I have cheaters in almost every second match i play in a game, may it be minecraft, GTA5 or Titanfall 2 there are cheaters everywhere which makes multiplayer games pretty unenjoyable for me.

Have you guys experienced the same and in which games did you notice it?
  2. RyeRye

RyeRye Talk of the Town Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +213
    Back in 2013/2014 No one cared about loosing, they just wanted to play and have fun.

Now in 2017 everyone wants to win at everything, thus leading them to hack so they can win :/

I do agree with you 2015 I Barely ran into hackers in CS:GO or Minecraft, but now i tend to quite more often.
  3. nonediblepotato_

nonediblepotato_ Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +270
    I do sometimes notice it when playing Block Party. When someone's not on the correct color or is too late to get there and their suppose to fall, they just float there and then run to the right block. very annoying for me and others. :mad:
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  4. ayovee

ayovee Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +7
    I often encounter such hackers in Minecraft, when I used to play, it was very rare, but now that I'm back, it's like everyone suddenly got fly, speed, antikb & reach hacks.

ARK has similar problems with hackers that use immortal cheats

Very frustrating :mad:
  5. Sturmyy

Sturmyy V.I.BEE

Ratings:
    +1,723
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I don't know, most games have greatly increased in popularity (such as CS:GO and Overwatch) so of course hackers want a way to exploit it. To me, it feels like the gaming community is significantly growing and growing every year, and with that the hacker to actual player ratio is growing with it as well. idk I'm pretty lame & don't play pvp or fps games all that often sO
  6. SirFurryWawa

SirFurryWawa V.I.BEE Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +9,682
    For me the amount of hackers got rediculous around late 2015 to 2016, but is getting better
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
  7. Razogoth

Ratings:
    +337
    Yeah 2015/16 it got so much on hive that I had to quit slaparoo because there was a cheater in almost every game.
  8. The_BloodHound

The_BloodHound V.I.BEE

Ratings:
    +2,711
    It's gotten better for me
  9. Caz

Caz Famous Gold Member

Ratings:
    +560
    All depends on who you run into, how much you play, etc. Of course factors like the new Hive update can attract more players, which may answer why people find so many, but I haven't seen one since the update. We can't really blame anyone but the hackers for this, if they join games then they'll join games. If they hack, then they'll hack. Still, I get why it's annoying and a bit unfortunate, but there's nothing much we can do but help and report them.
  10. Crayzyy

Crayzyy Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +50
    I play BlockParty a lot and every other game there has a been someone else who is a fly hacker. So much so that it's a lot to report.
  11. Ponyah

Ponyah V.I.BEE Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +4,173
    It feels like the SkyG and SW anticheat isnt the same because in SkyG there are so much obvious hacker and in SW I see rarely a obvious hacker and if I see one I tower and bowspam him...problem solved :D
    I think SkyG need a new anticheat but there where allways that much hacker, I never played skyG 10 games without a hacker i think^^
  12. Scmuel

Scmuel V.I.BEE | Mood Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,466
    I play a lot of CaI, and yes I've encountered many hackers, more recently than ever. It needs to stop.
  13. Cally

Cally Regular Bee Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Unfortunately, it's all about having 15 minutes of fame....

which more often than not will lead to people doing ANYTHING for those 15 minutes...
  14. sykese

sykese Talk of the Town Gold Member

Ratings:
    +237
    That's why I got my trusty recorder with me, so they can be brought to justice. ;)
  15. Razogoth

Ratings:
    +337
    Well I could record and report them too (I do in MC since the hackers here are pretty obvious) but in many cases it's just too much work.
    Let's take Titanfall 2 for example:
    1. I spot a hacker in the game (mostly people using lag switches or wallhacks).
    2. I record him with Shadowplay.
    3. because I always record the last 5 minutes of gameplay with Shadowplay I have about 4 minutes of video I don't need.
    4. So I cut the video and because I use a free video editor i have to convert the video in another datatype (usually from mp4 to mkv).
    5. the converting takes pretty long (up to 30 minutes depending on the length of my evidence) and occupies about 90% of my CPU capacity so I can't continue playing games other than minecraft.
    6. After the video converting is finished I have to upload the video to youtube.
    7. Then I have to open Origin, search for the player who was hacking and report him (Titanfall 2 still has no ingame report option :mad:).
    This takes approximately 20 minutes and I don't see the reason why I have to put this much effort in to reporting a cheater when it should be the game companies task to deal with them.