Monster Hunter: World

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Razogoth, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Razogoth

Razogoth Famous Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +334
    As you may or may not know MHW was released on PC recently and because I was waiting for it since it was announced I bought it of course.

I really love the game so far. It's challenging but not unfair and I get a real feeling of progression as I upgrade my gear and notice how it gets way easier to defeat monsters I struggled against previously.

I started off with the Glaive as weapon because I liked that it's possible to jump with it so you can mount and evade mosters easier but switched to the Morph-Axe later because I could handle it better and it deals more damage per hit.

Sooo, how do you guys like the game? Which weapon type do you favor? And most important, do you fancy going hunting together? Just sent me a request on steam, name's the same as I have here. ;)
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. frostbowblade

frostbowblade Famous

Ratings:
    +918
    I unfortunately don't have it (yet?), but my sibling plays the game on PS, so I'm a little familiar with it.
    Since it has been released on PC I would really like to get it but I got a new game just yesterday so the chances of me getting it soon are too small. :(

Anyway, I know this isn't the point of this thread, but how's the quality? Is there a ton of bugs or...?
  3. Dynu

Dynu Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +160
    I haven't really played MHW like ever, But now that it has been released on PC I would like to experience it for myself, hopefully once I do actually play the game and understand it's lore/weapons/combat etc.. I will update this thread reply with the answers to your questions.
  4. Razogoth

Razogoth Famous Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +334
    There are indeed tons of bugs you can collect for research or as an ingredient for items, you can even place them in your room as pets along with other animals you caught. :D ;)

Jokes aside, I really haven't encountered any so far, at least no major ones. Qualitywise the game looks pretty good although I'm "only" playing it on high graphic settings. I get between 30 and 60 fps depending on in which location I am and how much is going on.

Pc components:
    intel i5-4690 (3,5GHz quad core)
    Nvidia GTX970
    16GB DDR3 RAM
    Both the system and the game are running on an SSD (different ones tho)

There are only few things that bother me so far:
    1. The focus camera during battle sometimes has a terrible perspective
    2. Monster sometimes leave the area while you are actually fighting them which is extremely frustrating. I was battling a Rathian for half an hour and when it finally was moribund it left the area :mad: (I still got its tail tho).
    3. Sometimes Monsters seem to change their attack direction during the attack so they fully hit you although you evaded to the side early enough.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List