Minecraft 1.16

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by AjK1ng11, Jun 24, 2020.

1. AjK1ng11

AjK1ng11 Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +22
    Hey Everyone, i just play on the new update of minecraft 1.16 and it was pretty cool ngl, just wanted to hear your opinions of the new update. And rate it from (1 - 10) , 10 being the best :p
  2. ZachCat

ZachCat Honey Maker Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +70
    Hey! I played 1.16 today with a couple of my friends and I thought it was great! As going to the nether now is a lot more fun and exciting, being able to see new mobs and seeing new structures. Along with just a lot more stuff in the nether then it use to be! Though I am sad that diamond armour is no longer the best armor in the game I would rate this update a 8/10! :)
  3. AjK1ng11

AjK1ng11 Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +22
    hey Zach, i agree with your point, but the nether armour kinda looks cool ngl, i like it over diamond armour for the looks not for strength. but there is some issue for the skins and capes part as i cannot upload my custom cape onto my custom skin but only for the minecraft skin. thats why i will give it a 8/10 aswell:D
  4. Electrocute4u

Electrocute4u V.I.BEE Gold Member

Ratings:
    +9,483
    Since, this is the most dedicated and game-changing update given to Minecraft since, forever(?), I will split it up into 3 categories.
    Sound, Design, and general game Lore.

As a Minecraft player, I've often felt a missing key factor when roaming the Nether. Since it has only been wastelands as far as the eye could see.
    With the Nether having fortresses occasionally spawning in every now and then, the uniqueness of the Nether was and has been next to none.
    With this unique overhaul of the Nether, you can now also survive entirely in the Nether, as well as explore new and unique biomes.

As far as the sounds go, both environmental and in the form of the newly added music disc... It has livened up the Nether quite a bit.
    You now have a scary, yet calming vibe to a degree where you feel slightly off. It has put yet another layer to the game.
    In terms of biome specific environmental sounds, it is just majestic to listen too. It is an entirely new experience when roaming around the Nether now.

The design of the Nether has never been prettier.
    Dust particles, fog color transition, block-pattern interaction, fossils... Oh, and have I mentioned basalt deltas biome yet?
    The Nether has been completely rehauled into a much more unique dimension. You no longer have boring wastelands of red.
    But Crimson Forest and Warped Forest now lighten the place up, with the new "trees" and Shroomlights, and have I mentioned the beautiful colors?
    Honestly, soul sand valley is a deadly, but beautiful piece of artwork. The blue fire that can be lit, is twice as deadly, but twice as beautiful.
    Overall, all the new blocks, biomes, and everything in between is such a huge upgrade to Minecraft and the Nether. It's breathtaking.

Last but not least the Minecraft lore, the newly added structures (Bastion remnant), as well as the broken portals, now adds in more "lore" into the Minecraft underworld.
    Even though Minecraft has no "official" lore, they have many internal lores, just like the common player.
    Everything in Minecraft is up to the player to figure out. Like how you came to this world, what to do, how to survive etc.
    Yet, the structures, the new mobs, and the new materials, which are the rarest and hardest to get, yet the best equipment, adds yet another layer to combat.
    Everything added, has given Minecraft a new and exciting dimension to explore.

In general of all 3 categories.
    I think this update to Minecraft, as a whole, is the best one so far.
    The Nether has always been kind of empty. So this new improvement will boost the likelihood of players actually wanting to explore the Nether.
    And you also have the possibility to make playthroughs of only surviving in the Nether.
    And the new blocks added, will make builders have even more creativity with a variety of blocks added to their block pattern.

What I would rate this update:
    Sound:
    Design: 10
    Lore: 7
    General: 9
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. AjK1ng11

AjK1ng11 Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +22
    hey there, everything you said is so true, especially the part u said that this is the best update so far. it really is ;), and yeah good explanation, ty :)
  6. TomPlay

TomPlay Well Known Bee Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +93
    I haven't tried it yet, however, I've seen gameplays and such, and it definitely seems like one of the best and most complete updates the game has received in a long while! I would encourage everybody to try it!
  7. AjK1ng11

AjK1ng11 Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +22
    yep thats true:D
  8. MasonhggUser

MasonhggUser NewBee Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I personally like the direction of the update, it looks really nice!
  9. pillsnottasty

pillsnottasty Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +7
    sorry, i dont play minecraft
  10. Crayzyy

Crayzyy Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +107
    I hardly know anything about Minecraft updates past 1.9