map variations

Discussion in 'Hide and Seek' started by PingTheory, Oct 4, 2018.

1. PingTheory

PingTheory The Bees Knees

Ratings:
    +1,455
    I think this used to be a thing back in like 2015, im not sure tho. Basically, if I remember correctly, all of the maps had like 3 or 4 different versions, with minor spot changes throughout, like just a few changes, nothing to change the map completely, but enough to mix it up a bit and throw off some seekers. I think this should be brought (back?) to hns, since it would mean that seekers wouldnt just walk into a room and be like "done, next" but they would actually have to look through the room.

If this was removed for a specific reason, why? I would guess it was a coding issue or something, but still, just an idea

but ye basically tldr: did variations in maps exist before? if so, why were they removed, and can we add them bacc
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
  2. n3t

n3t Honey Maker Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +35
    Eh, I don't see much use here. Elite seekers will just memorize each variation, and act accordingly once they know which variation they're playing on.
  3. JollyOlVillager

JollyOlVillager Famous Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +550
    I would see no reason to remove it. It It definitely makes Hiding more challenging.
  4. ShadowCat

ShadowCat Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +63
    That sounds great honestly. It would make learning the game a bit harder and add more of a challenge overall! :)
  5. TrigJegman

TrigJegman Well Known Bee

Ratings:
    +14
    It did use to be a thing, especially with things like Frozen/More Frozen.
  6. Hosticka

Hosticka Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +107
    Frozen was removed, because we had 2 frozens and that was just bad. They took MoreFrozen and renamed it just back to Frozen. I don't think they will ever be adding it back, they also have a senseful reason for it. Also every seeker can memorize map, you can choose how you will play the game. That makes hiding much more interesting.