Map Idea

Discussion in 'BedWars' started by kingsarechamps, May 30, 2020.

1. kingsarechamps

kingsarechamps Famous Gold Member

Ratings:
    +290
    Hey Bedwars community. I was thinking of how to make some more dynamic maps that sort of change how Bedwars is played, just for a little switch up. I had two ideas, one of them is now scrapped because of the mechanics. But I have another idea.

What do you guys think of a no-void map. It will rely on 100% pvp skill, sneakiness, and bed protection.

I feel like a lot of the time, unskilled players can get lucky hits on skilled players, and send them flying into the void, but if one map were to have no void, PvP skill is needed, and I think would be a better demonstration of skill.

Obviously it wouldn't be like a new thing, maybe just one or two maps that have no void for players who want a different dynamic.

Thoughts?
  2. archer_321

archer_321 Well Known Bee

Ratings:
    +60
    Again, this sounds like a limited time mode to me. Removing the void from BedWars is pretty much like removing the beds, and adding a map that's totally different from about any other map might make games unfair. Some players might end up on this non-void map, and some players might end up on the normal maps. This extreme difference would make it hard to compare two games.

Without building bridges, it will be really hard to protect your bed. There's no need for blocks as you can just run everywhere (even placing blocks to slow other players down won't help). BedWars gets a lot of its dynamic gameplay from different building speeds, and removing building means that everyone will raid the emerald spawners within the first 20 seconds. This results in everyone ending up with the same gear, and that turns the entire game into a PVP practice server.

I built a BW map some time ago that was above a giant lake (so no void). Players had to swim back to a ladder to get back up (which was about exactly the opposite of your suggestion as falling down basically meant spending about a minute to get back up), but that didn't quite work out as intended ;)

I like new ideas, but adding them directly to the standard game feels like mixing two games that feel totally different (actually, it is mixing two games that feel totally different). Once limited time modes return, this might be something to try out, but even if it's super cool and the community likes it (and knowing some BW-tryhards this will be hard to achieve), this should be added to a new mode as it's so different.
  3. kingsarechamps

kingsarechamps Famous Gold Member

Ratings:
    +290
    An LTM would be interesting true. But also these BW Tryhards are insane at PVP, so this could benefit them as well. It would lead to quick games, as beds being destroyed would be an easier task, so players who like those quick games would be in favor of this map I think. Idk