Map downloading

Discussion in 'Hide and Seek' started by XxXTheGamer, Aug 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XxXTheGamer

XxXTheGamer NewBee

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys, I want to know if it's possible to download the Hotel map
    I really want to have it for my town in my server, but i don't found file so i don't know if there is any way to have it..
    ( Sorry for error, i'm french )
  2. JeremyG

JeremyG Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +14
    Well, there's the World Downloader mod that you can try.
  3. CleyHD

CleyHD V.I.BEE

Ratings:
    +696
    The Hive doesn't give their world downloads out. All maps are Hive Exclusive, meaning that you can play these maps ONLY on the Hive. Sorry. If you were to somehow get it, you will be confronted by the Staff.
  4. Erasio

Erasio German

Ratings:
    +321
    Well there are some very few exceptions to this but yes all new maps (From the time before the arcade) are exclusive and if you download them it is practically stealing.
    I am sorry for you but Team Vareide and all other map creators who are working on our maps put a whole lot of effort into those maps to make TheHive what it is and to stay that special and awesome place it is we have to make them exclusive.

If you just like one specific thing about the map you may just rebuild it or you could ask a member of Team Vareide if he is kind enough to build a little something for you but it won't be possible to download a map.
  5. dalahast

dalahast Well Known Bee

Ratings:
    +130
    As mentioned above, it is technically possible to use a world-saving mod to save a copy of the world on your computer. If you put it on a server and the admins get word of it, they will probably not be very happy with you. On the other hand, if you just play it in single-player or on a LAN with some friends, nobody's going to care.

The maps are, of course, supposed to be exclusive to the Hive. Vareide and his team are understandably not going to facilitate people stealing it for their own servers by putting it up for download. If they were to make it openly available, they'd have no control at all over where it ended up.

By the way,
    Isn't that the same flawed argument used by the RIAA to discourage people from downloading music? "stealing" would require the original to be gone. The map stays on the server if you download it.
  6. olskibolski

olskibolski Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +3,081
    The question has been answered. Locking thread.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.