Community Creation Lergin's Hive Stats and Leaderboards

Discussion in 'Development [Hive API and related]' started by Malte662, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Varsel

Varsel V.I.BEE Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +2,098
    Oh, so that's possible aswell! Is it possible for you to add an option to choose between both of them? ^^ That would have been amazing!
  2. Lergin_

Lergin_ Famous VIP

Ratings:
    +174
    There is no guarantee that the order would be the same as one player could be close to the next level for multiple blocks and therefore have more block experience than someone else who has a higher total block level. Therefore I would need to add another leaderboard and i don't want to add too many so it should be one of the two :=)
  3. TNTDragonMC

TNTDragonMC V.I.BEE Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +2,777
    I suggest you go by experience, because going by block levels is pointless. It can take 3 days to get to level 50 on one block, while in the same time someone can get to lvl 5 on 40 blocks, so one person would have 50 levels and the other would have 200.

You could add a "Total HnS Level" like I do in BeeBot's -levels command. Basically sum up all the xp from all blocks (array in player data) and then iterate a simple while loop like the one below. This way you get the level the player would be at without a level limit, and with people having the same level you can decide using the raw exp as it's most likely going to vary. (Also max level is 364 if my calculations are correct)
    Do keep in mind that using the code below: level starts at 1 and exp = totalXpSum - 50*blocksUsed. For some reason the rawxp in the API adds 50 xp to a block the moment you first play it, and that 50 xp would ruin the formula below.
    Code:
    while((exp-level*50) >= 0) {
        exp = exp-level*50;
        level++
    }
  4. Lergin_

Lergin_ Famous VIP

Ratings:
    +174
    I now added a hide block level leaderboard! You can find it here: https://hive.lergin.de/hide (it will take ~ a day till it has kind of reliable data, to add a missing player just search for them on the player info page: https://hive.lergin.de/player/)

The leaderboard is using the idea from @TNTDragonMC and therefore is calculating the level one would have if all experience would be collected for the same block without a level cap.

@Varsel
  5. Varsel

Varsel V.I.BEE Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +2,098
    Another thing that would have been cool to be able to see, is a top 100 for who got the most wins. (All wins in all games together)

Would loved to see that aswell if it's possible ^^
  6. Lergin_

Lergin_ Famous VIP

Ratings:
    +174
    I am able to add this leaderboard as well but i would like to rework the menu on the side beforehand to not clutter it any more so this will probably take some time as i'm don't have that much time at the moment :)
  7. Lergin_

Lergin_ Famous VIP

Ratings:
    +174

Over the last month, the website got a complete makeover. It now is faster, has a cleaner layout and works a lot better on mobile devices. Featurewise there shouldn't be any major changes except for a better working player search.

If you find any bugs please let me know, so they can be fixed :)
    • Award Worthy Award Worthy x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. Conga_

Conga_ V.I.BEE

Ratings:
    +2,279
    You should use the bot to tweet changes to the top3 (or top whatever) of any ranking leaderboards :) e.g. "Conga_ moved into x place on the Total Points leaderboard"
  9. AgarOther

AgarOther Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +111
    I really like the new design ! However, is there a way to know our amount of kills ? I've seen a kills leaderboard but I can't seem to find the number of kills on my profile.
  10. Lergin_

Lergin_ Famous VIP

Ratings:
    +174
    That's a good idea I haven't even thought about! But I have quite a long todo list at the moment so it might take some time till something like that is created :)

Thanks! No, that count currently isn't shown anywhere as it's only tracked and stored for the players which are on the leaderboard... I have added this to my list of suggestions as well and might implement it in the future!
  11. NebelungCat

NebelungCat Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +305
    Big fan of the new design! The site also seems a lot less buggy which is great!
  12. Conga_

Conga_ V.I.BEE

Ratings:
    +2,279
    Only thing I've noticed (bug-wise, on the leaderboards tab on pc browser) is you have to click a game name before the arrow that exposes the other games (eg music masters) works properly
  13. Lergin_

Lergin_ Famous VIP

Ratings:
    +174
    Due to a bug the site was not loading in firefox since the update, this bug has now been fixed and the site loads there again as well :)

Thanks!

This sadly seems to be a bug in the UI library I'm using. Therefore, there isn't much I can do about that at the moment :(
  14. Lergin_

Lergin_ Famous VIP

Ratings:
    +174
  15. Hwamz

Hwamz The Bees Knees Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +2,089
    Nice update but I’m pretty sure there more ranks for pumpkinfection I saw some people with bold ranks 30k+ points (not spoooOoopy rank)
  16. Lergin_

Lergin_ Famous VIP

Ratings:
    +174
    Hm, there isn't really anything I can do about it as the API is returning wrong data... I'll just hide the ranks for pumpkinfection in future :)

Update: Pumpkinfection ranks are no longer shown but support for the Arcade Shuffle ranks was added. (These still miss from all other features as the game is still not supported by the API, the ranks where added manually)
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
  17. Juracan

Juracan Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +606
    It'd also be cool to have a "Ranks" page for every player, giving a clean overview of all the ranks a player has collected, along with their points in that gamemode. And to make it really detailed you could add a "points to next rank" on it too, a % of ranks collected and the amount of bold ranks (out of 25) a player has collected.

Ill edit an example of what I mean on this post. Love the redesign btw, keep up the awesome work! I use this app almost daily :p
  18. BrUz

BrUz Honey Maker

Ratings:
    +1
    Nice! gj!!! Does datetime query have some problems at BW section?
  19. Lergin_

Lergin_ Famous VIP

Ratings:
    +174
    Yes somehow my data collection for the advanced leaderboards stopped working after I updated some dependencies. I only noticed it yesterday and so far haven't been able to figure out what exactly broke but I will look at it on the weekend :)
    Thanks for letting me know!
  20. Lergin_

Lergin_ Famous VIP

Ratings:
    +174
    It took a bit longer than I was hoping for but the leaderboards are now getting updated again!