KOS'ing: What you can/can't do (GUIDE AND FAQ)

Discussion in 'Trouble in Mineville' started by Periks, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Periks

Periks Platypus Senior Moderator Team Nectar

Ratings:
    +2,392
    Feel free to share it with people that are unsure about this information or need help understand it o:
  2. FrostyVampy

FrostyVampy V.I.BEE Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +355
    It should also be pinned in my opinion as it's a very important and useful thread

Edit:
    Somebody I played with asked this question which got me curious too:
    Can you kos fellow traitors after they've already been killed?

I personally probably won't use it but I can see why this can be a viable strat.
    People will see that you kos'd someone and then their body is ID'd so they will think you are innocent, when in reality the player died before and you just kos'd an already dead player.
    And since the player is already dead, so you don't actually "ghost" he is a traitor because, well, he is dead.
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
  3. SirUntouchable

SirUntouchable Talk of the Town Gold Member

Ratings:
    +167
    Oh my god thank you, everyone keeps saying it's more valid since they're more experienced
  4. ThatOneWolfe

ThatOneWolfe Well Known Bee

Ratings:
    +70
    Thank you for sharing this with us Periks, truthfully I think someone should link this to the actual game
  5. Credere

Credere Pizza lad Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +694
    I believe KOS is a valid reason when it's coming from an entrusted player (who you've seen are proven inno (inno/detective)).However I feel like a KOS call should determine on the behavior of the game. I disagree to punish users who follow a KOS call from someone. TIMV is about communicating after all imo, not even 1% of the players look at these forums.

But oh well opinions
  6. Periks

Periks Platypus Senior Moderator Team Nectar

Ratings:
    +2,392
    Hardly ever someone will be punished for following a KOS as we take into account the context of the game. All I'm saying is that you shouldn't really only use a KOS as absolute proof to kill someone o:
  7. ShadowCat

ShadowCat Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +63
    This is really helpful, thanks!
  8. iAmABox

iAmABox Famous Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +404
    I assume this isn't necro-posting as it's the second highest thread in this forum channel

I am very confused as to the rules regarding KOSing after the last update where muted players were given a compass that let them say 'Please test' and 'I'm coming to tester' etc, since one of the main reasons killing someone based on a KOS was illegal was due to the fact KOS was never a part of the base game. Now that the devs have enabled muted players to KOS someone with the compass has been added to the list of few important phrases to give muted players normal TIMV abilities, I assumed that KOSing was now legal, since it had been implemented into the game. Recently it has come to my knowledge that apparently, it is still not allowed.

I understand that saying KOS should be approached skeptically, but if someone should not kill someone for being KOSed, isn't it misleading that the compass can be used to order someone to kill someone instead of claim someone is definitely a traitor? This seems very misleading to me when there is an autotext on the compass to say someone is a traitor (<player> might be a traitor!) AND to kos someone (KOS <player>!). What's the point of having a KOS autotext if, if we aren't allowed to straight up kill the kossed person, both autotexts would result in the same result, being to ask the person to test? I am very aware that not only myself, but several other long time players have been very confused about this.

I'm writing this a little late so if I haven't explained very well I'll be more than happy to explain better at another time
  9. Nevaderian

Nevaderian NewBee

Ratings:
    +3
    Question! Is it considered karma baiting to not test after asked if you are innocent?
  10. Hinxited

Hinxited Well Known Bee Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +99
    If you are innocent and don't test after being asked then yes.
  11. Nevaderian

Nevaderian NewBee

Ratings:
    +3
    Alright! Thank you =)