Kill stealing blocks

Discussion in 'Hide and Seek' started by beegdoombar, Jan 1, 2020.

?

Do you find this annoying as a seeker?

1. Yes, I Rather find this annoying throughout seeking

66.7%
  2. Not really, but still get a bit annoyed.

33.3%
  3. No Idc about it and it's funny

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. beegdoombar

beegdoombar NewBee

Ratings:
    +1
    Hey, So I've been playing Hide and seek for a long time now, and I always face a problem that is very annoying: "Kill Stealing". If you don't know what kill stealing is, it's basically ending someone off without doing anything and the person who found the person didn't get credit for stealing the kill.
    This may NOT seem annoying at first, but it gets worse when you play more games.
    I was hoping that Hive could update the game, for example when you hit or Find a block, the other seeker shouldn't be able to hit it meaning that the person who found it gets credit for finding the block.
    You can disagree if you want to, but you'll see how annoying it is when you seek... I'm asking the staff and mods to do something about it, I think each game should share it's fairness and both be fun to play.

Sincerely,
    Beegdoombar

P.S- I'm not forcing you but maybe if you could do something about it (or a little thing.) I'll be happy to play ;)
    Sorry for bad grammar to, I rushed it
  2. Wishfvl

Wishfvl Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +384
    I submitted a suggestion about this months ago, I don't think they plan on changing anything. It's annoying but it's never been against the rules so I doubt it's a priority of Hives'.
  3. Hinxited

Hinxited Honey Maker Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +23
    kill stealing exist in all pvp gamemodes, you just gotta get used to it or be faster to get the kill.
  4. Cynthiq

Cynthiq The Bees Knees Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +1,926
    It’s indeed annoying, and it always will be.
    But like mentioned above, neither do I think it’s one of Hive’s priorities, and I also think you either have to get used to it because that’s what games are like and always are going to be like, or be faster to get the kill.
    Think about it in this way;
    Yes you might have found and hit the block first, ofcourse you want credits for it, but what if you keep chasing it and someone who runs by can’t hit the block or whatsoever because only ‘that one seeker’ can hit it? You’ll end up chasing the block till the end of the game and nobody will have gotten any credits for it.
    Yes, they can change this in some way as in giving credits to every seeker who has hit that block, by splitsing the total amount of points one would get, so everyone is happy.
  5. Zyons

Zyons Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +143
    Honestly, I try to sometimes look at the kill-steal in a positive way. You could have been chasing the block for 10 miles and the time left could have been 30 secs left, another seeker stops the block in its track and kills it for you. (in other words, seekers help you kill the hiders and help save you from a loss as a seeker if they were running forever.)

If you still think that maybe killstealing is bad, just try covering the hider with your body and kill the block that way, cuz other seekers can't kill the block if you're in the way. (This can mostly work for blocks that are trapped in a corner or something, not those that are running)
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Hinxited

Hinxited Honey Maker Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +23
    I don`t see kill stealing as a big problem for hive at all but maybe hive could add assist, meaning if you hit him once and someone else kills that block you get a small amount of the credit.
  7. Hosticka

Hosticka Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +215
    Adding assists would 1) look really weird, and would make kills even worthless, 2) it would be so messed up, this isn't Sg
  8. Yummycat

Yummycat NewBee

Ratings:
    +2
    It is normal to experience kill stealing. The faster seeker will kill, that is the rule.
  9. xNinjax10

xNinjax10 Talk of the Town Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +122
    I do agree it can be a bit unfortunate especially if you've been after them for a bit. However, it is a part of the game and a large amount of them too. It has it's pro and cons.

This is also a great point as to why "kill-stealing" should stay/be a thing. I have seen where seekers are chasing hiders for a long period of time and there is little time left; I'd rather have my kill stolen to help secure the win if another play is right in front of the block and can kill them rather then me chase after them for who knows how long.