Is it unfair that ender chests can be blocked?

Discussion in 'BedWars' started by Archerman, May 28, 2020.

1. Archerman

Archerman Honey Maker Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +78
    If you are breaking somebody's bed and you cover their ender chest with something they need a pickaxe to mine through, then they won't be able to get the materials necessary to defend themselves once their spawn protection is over. I'm not sure if venturing all the way to your material spawner will remove your spawn protection.
  2. xChqr

xChqr V.I.BEE Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +3,574
    This strategy is pretty common, and I've personally used it in the past, but I can see why some people think it's unfair. I don't see it as a big deal unless people are blocking everything off to killfarm, which is against the rules. Going to the material spawner sometimes takes away your protection and sometimes doesn't, it depends on the map.
  3. captainsnake

captainsnake Famous Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +723
    A feature that many people think should be removed and is very strong? yes.
    Against the rules? no.

Simple guide on how to counter it: (copy-pasted from an earlier post of mine because I don't feel like rewriting it)

1.) put tools in the wooden chest. People forget to block it off all the time
    2.) if you're playing duos, play on haunted. You can't cover the ender chest on haunted.
    3.) put traps around your ender chest. (TNT traps or spring traps. Not cobweb traps) This makes it so the opponent needs to put in significantly more work to cover the ender chest, buying you valuable time.
    4.) if you're playing solos and someone starts to do this to you, most of the time it's a good idea to just ditch your bed and go to middle. Your bed is much less important in solos than you probably think it is, and you can win without a bed as long as you get good gear at middle.
  4. Dreameater999

Dreameater999 Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +14
    It's annoying for sure. People will also block off the material spawner(s).

I personally wouldn't be opposed to this being changed, would be a welcome change for me.
  5. becca5728

becca5728 Well Known Bee Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +37
    Yes def annoying however it is a strategy that is necessary sometimes!
  6. Dreameater999

Ratings:
    +14
    Yeah - to be fair, I also came from Hypixel before this.
    I love and enjoy the Hive a lot more and I'm probably never going back to Hypixel.
    I disagree with the way Hypixel is run and I like the smaller, more 'homey' feel of the Hive.

The reason I brought the above sentiment up is because I played Bedwars on there a lot and they are kind of considered the 'standard' of the Minecraft Bedwars world. I'm used to not being allowed to cover up spawners or shops or anything like that as they have protection on all of that. I feel like it's unfair to be able to cover up resources, but it might just be because I'm not used to having that ability quite yet. I suppose it could be a useful strategy to consider, however.

Thank you for your input! :)
  7. becca5728

becca5728 Well Known Bee Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +37
    A tip for if you don't want that happening is trying to get beds right away! When you go to mid, go for it. When everyone gets obi is when that sort of strategy usually happens. Good Luck!
  8. Dreameater999

Ratings:
    +14
    I actually have only ran into this issue once, surprisingly enough. It was in solos.
    I usually don't have it happening, but thanks for the tip / strategy for if it does happen in the future! :)
  9. kingsarechamps

kingsarechamps Famous Gold Member

Ratings:
    +297
    As Captainsnake said, there are loads of ways to combat this. Another way to is to buy extra blocks, swords, and pickaxes, and put them on the ground somewhere that no one can see them except you. They won't despawn, so you can go grab them. A place that i put them sometimes is in with the shop owners, since the shop usually is too close to spawn to be blocked off, so you can jump in and grab them :p