Draw It Improved Rank List

Discussion in 'Suggestion Discussion' started by Hlzyzptlk, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Hlzyzptlk

Hlzyzptlk sauce me that mod role Moderator

Ratings:
    +699
    As a group of people who spend way too much time playing Draw It, Pixels Against Humanity came together to create a more improved rank list, including a more varied colour spectrum and higher ranks for those who have already reached the highest rank or are about to.

The current Draw It list not only has two consecutive ranks that are the same colour but has a cap at 300,000 points, stopping with the van Gogh role.

So, asking our highest ranked players to help, we made the following changes*:
    • Leonardo da Vinci becomes green
    • Vincent van Gogh becomes red
    • Added MC Escher for 350,000 points
    • Added Jackson Pollock for 400,000 points
    • Added Haring for 500,000 points
    • Added Banksy for 600,000 points
    *not accurate representations of colours, see below!

The spoilers provide a visual representation of the colours and points, using this list to ensure that what you see here is as close we could get to what you'd see in-game.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  2. Walrat

Walrat Famous Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +1,825
    Great idea(s)!
  3. Murw

Murw Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +418
    Tbh I would do the bold order like this:
    Escher
    Pollock
    Haring
    Banksy
    Monet
    Mondrian
    Etc (normal order),
    Simply because Michelangelo, Van gogh and even Monet are more known than Banksy or Pollock. Just personal opinion tho.
  4. Hlzyzptlk

Ratings:
    +699
    Personally I would say Pollock is very well known. I would give you Banksy but he’s a very elusive artist which works for it being the highest rank (excluding Picasso).

And one of the reasons we want new ranks is so players like myself who already have one of the highest ranks can have more to work towards, so putting them at the beginning of the ranks means not only changing the ranks of a heck of a lot of players, but also that higher players effectively get pushed back to ranks we’ve already had rather than given new ones to earn.
  5. Pibbz

Pibbz Lagerator Moderator

Ratings:
    +676
    Love these ideas :D would definitely love to see more ranks added since I'm at the highest rank ;-;
  6. Asheras

Asheras The Bees Knees Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +5,661
    I’m a HUGE MC Escher fan so I love that he was added to this rank list. Would love to see this implemented.

Just one question, shouldn’t Leonardo da Vinci and Vincent van Gogh be moved up higher? Simply because they’re more known? This is a tough one because all of the people listed are HUGELY talented artists, so I’m trying to get a feel for if you’re ranking them in order of popularity or something else? Sorry if this was already asked
  7. PlushKarp

PlushKarp Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +56
    Yesss this is great. I'd love to not be yellow for another eternity
  8. Melbelle

Melbelle Crazy Cat Lady Moderator

Ratings:
    +333
    Yes, please do make this a thing. I know it might seem strange to have lesser-known artists higher up the rank list, but I feel that they are entirely relevant contenders there. The artists added are very easy to relate to by comparison because their work is rather well-known or more relevant to the current era.

That said, I just don't want to be Michelangelo a third time. I passed it eons ago with less than 20k points only to end up reaching it a second time at 200k when the ranks were modified. It didn't feel like a milestone when I reached it the second time because of that. I'd love to reach new ranks that I haven't already passed and I would like the think the majority of active Draw It players would agree.
  9. Hlzyzptlk

Ratings:
    +699

*boop*
    Moving the ranks higher means us higher-levelled players end up getting ranks we've already had c:
  10. Asheras

Asheras The Bees Knees Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +5,661
    This makes sense, thank you. Yeah, I’m absolutely in support of this (I only have like 1k points so it wouldnt apply to me but I hope this makes the game better for those who have a lot of points). Best of luck guys!
  11. AppleJxice

AppleJxice Honey Maker Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +17
    These are all great ideas!
  12. Scmuel

Scmuel Famous Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +643
    Sounds great and would be a nice change.