1. BEFORE POSTING: Please search our support page for the quickest answer!
Dismiss Notice
DO NOT POST APPEALS IN THIS SECTION OF THE FORUMS

Important discussion about the future of hive and its safety...

Discussion in 'The Hive Discussion' started by a7md360, Dec 13, 2019.

?

What would you do to improve the system?

1. A better anti-cheat

82.4%
  2. Make mods go around in games and kick cheaters/teamers

47.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. a7md360

a7md360 Famous

Ratings:
    +2
    So i have been a member of hive for as long as i can remember, I've started on Blockparty then to Deathrun and finally i moved to Bedwars a couple of months ago and got kinda serious about it, I am used to hive's system i love it it's the best i love its simplicity, anyways so ever since i started on bedwars most of the games i join have been unfortunately against hackers and recently there have been teamers aswell and what has made me pissed of the most is the fact that it's a hassle to report people since you have to make a youtube video and then send it to their report system like shouldn't you have an anti cheat system that can detect hackers and ban them instantly before they ruin anyone's game because it really ruins the fun of playing, i wish reporting them was atleast easier.

I have soooo much evidence on hackers and teamers (footage i've captured with nvidia) but it really would take a lot of time to just report them. and where are the mods i've never really seen a mod going through bedwars all these months ?

And there have been instances where i got kicked for being too good lol ... i'm kidding it just said cheaters aren't allowed, you can't shoot your bow too fast. LIKE HOOWWWW do i get kicked instantly when i am not the one hacking but the hackers could go on for a while without even getting kicked or banned or anything...

I love hive but please make a solution to stop the hackers on bedwars.
  2. Wishfvl

Wishfvl Famous Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +1,129
    Well, you've just described why the anticheat shouldn't be able to ban people instantly! They're hard to code and there is actually a dedicated team towards developing one, and they are hiring. If it could ban any hackers, not only would there be a lot more banned ACTUAL hackers, but there would be a lot more false bans and that would be arguably worse.
    Why don't you join the Hive discord? There, you can go to the dedicated report channel and simply say the players name for a moderator to check them.
    You can join using /login discord in-game.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. emilsy

emilsy just chick-fil-a Moderator

Ratings:
    +664
    Hey there! If you are ever in-game and come across a hacker, feel free to post their IGN in the #java-ingame-reporting section of The Hive discord! We respond to those as quickly as possible, and are more than happy to help out! But, of course, it does take time. We do our best, we just ask that you have patience! Feel free to PM me here, if you have any questions! c:
  4. a7md360

a7md360 Famous

Ratings:
    +2
    Well it's great that there is a dedicated team that's developing something, I hope it gets done sooner than expected so i could atleast get back to playing normally.

Yeah i didn't realize there was a discord until today i always thought you guys only had teamspeak, i'll be sure to use it if i ever come across any hackers or teamers. Thanks!
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2019
  5. Wishfvl

Wishfvl Famous Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +1,129
    Yeah, everyone wants it to be done quickly, if only it were that simple )':
  6. Calinki

Calinki Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +136
    Discord is the best solution when it comes to reporting! It's fast and every report gets taken care of as fast as possible. You can also report whenever you see a mod in the hub, but I guess this isn't something new^^ But since mods aren't always available on the server, the discord server is a good solution! At least it works well to me c:
  7. a7md360

a7md360 Famous

Ratings:
    +2
    yh rip honestly

i have joined it so i guess i'll be using it whenever i can <3
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2019
  8. Scorestreaks

Scorestreaks Well Known Bee Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +193
    Well, personally I have a couple of Moderators in my friends list so I can report hackers easily with that.

But yeah discord is also a way to go with reporting hackers, they react fast.
  9. a7md360

a7md360 Famous

Ratings:
    +2
    Problem is that for some reason i can't type on the discord server even tho i did link my account
  10. Calinki

Calinki Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +136
    That sounds weird.. As long as the channel isn't read-only, everyone should have access c: You sure you aren't muted etc?
  11. Kopites

Kopites V.I.BEE Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +675
    I think Hive should improve both. An anti-cheat can't take out all hackers, but I think the developers should add a /report command where you just simply type "/report (name) and the report will pop up for the mods and they can take a look at it. I think that makes it much easier for beginners. Yes, I know you can report via discord if you're a regular member, but not everyone has discord. If the Hive one day added this, abusing the /report command should be punishable.
  12. NannyGaGa

NannyGaGa Famous Gold Member

Ratings:
    +148
    There have been multiple discussions about this on other threads... the main concern is people abusing it by spamming reports or reporting players when they're doing anything wrong. Although I do think that this would be excellent for players to easily report people if it does get added :)
  13. Kopites

Kopites V.I.BEE Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +675
    I mentioned it in the comment above, abusing the /report command should be punishable.