I'm not cheating

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by Chucky, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Chucky

Chucky NewBee

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not banned yet, but i'm sure my bad internet connection will lead to me getting banned, so please admins if you detecting some weird things about "Chuckpopper" (my ign in minecraft) please don't consider that as cheating...
    Because i keep getting kick and leaving a text saying "Cheating is now allowed" "Kick for flying or related" so maybe the server thinks that i'm doing some illegal things in minecraft so please i hope you understand.
  2. Shadowphax

Shadowphax Night Owl Moderator

Ratings:
    +5,533
    Those are what we consider false flags—when the anticheat flags you for cheating when you are not. It happens commonly. If you are not cheating, you have nothing to worry about. :)
  3. 02G

02G Honey Maker

Ratings:
    +2
    Don't worry. If you are false banned for cheating, you can always appeal it, but keep in mind that the decision is final.

Hope it helped.:)
  4. Chucky

Chucky NewBee

Ratings:
    +0
    i know you can always appeal, the thing that i'm worrying about is getting unbanned because i don't want to wait 1 month just to play this server again. thanks to that dude!!! ^_^
  5. Hosticka

Hosticka Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +215
    But you can't get banned by anticheat, it just kicks you. And as Shadowphax said earlier, it happens commonly.
  6. NannyGaGa

NannyGaGa Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +22
    I also have bad connection and was false banned very recently for Aimbot. However the Sr. Mods are extremely experienced and helpful and they'll always get to the bottom of the situation. I ended up getting unbanned less than 24 hours after I was initially banned.

The evidence itself and your ping are clear indications as to whether you're actually cheating, or just lagging

You've got nothing to worry about. In the rare event that you do get banned (like i did), your unban is only one appeal away! :)
  7. 02G

02G Honey Maker

Ratings:
    +2
    NO! The appeals team says that the decision is final, and I will give you proof by posting the actual quote:

"Appeal decisions are final. Please respect the fact our Senior Moderator team have taken the time to look into the ban for you and have looked into all evidence stored to support it. If the decision has been made to not accept your appeal, this means we feel the punishment is valid."
    ~ HiveTeam

Link: https://forum.hivemc.com/threads/read-first-how-to-appeal-a-punishment.23/
  8. Sheila

Sheila Moderator Moderator

Ratings:
    +744
    @02G that only happens once you've filed an appeal and the appeal is denied because the punishment is valid to begin with.

The process is as follows: player gets punished --> player can appeal for the punishment, if they strongly believe they didn't do anything wrong or to just simply see the evidence --> senior moderator responds to the appeal, this is where the senior moderator gives the evidence to player and decides whether the evidence is valid or not to keep player banned. if it's valid, then the appeal will be denied and if it's invalid, then the appeal will be accepted.

@Chucky don't worry dude, my ping used to be above 300ms and i got kicked for "cheating is not allowed" a lot. that's just the anti-cheat detecting something's wrong with your movements and it can kick you for not sending enough packets to the server, all due to bad internet (most likely). so long as you're not actually using illegal modifications/hacks, you won't get banned.

don't hack, kids. it's not worth it.