If you could choose what was in a HnS update, what would you add/change?

Discussion in 'Hide and Seek' started by Virescent, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Virescent

Virescent Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +4
    Now is the time to dream, children
  2. Juracan

Juracan Famous Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +833
    - make it so the person who hits the hider first gets the 30 points no matter who actually deals the final hit.
    - triple points gained for hiding
    - add a map with white stained clay
    - keep humbug as a winter seasonal map and add 3 other seasonal ones for the other seasons
    - remove bora and lotus
    - fix the bugs ofc
    - make it so a game needs 20 players to start. If it goes under 20 players then the game wont start
    - sparing is allowed
    - add higher ranks
  3. Blaiddyd

Blaiddyd Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +4
    this might be a little bit unrealistic but i would love some element of randomization when it comes to maps (eg, different blocks can be missing or not) so that high point players who have maps memorized won't just kill everyone instantly
  4. Cenyth

Cenyth Famous Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +274
    More Splegg >:D
  5. Wishfvl

Wishfvl Famous Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +1,266
    A few more maps and fixing the bug that means you sometimes fall under the map with 1 block thick spawns is all I really want to see in the game. I'm sure there's other great things that can be added but that's all I can think of o:

Everyone seems to want more points for hiding but personally I think if the points will be changed, seeker points should be decreased. The points between hiders and seekers was more balanced when it was 20 points per kill rather than 30.
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
  6. crrie

crrie Honey Maker Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +83
    definitely more maps or rotating just so we can get fresh maps =] + more points for hiding !
  7. PieCattooo

PieCattooo Well Known Bee

Ratings:
    +163
    more points for hiding.

also fix the glitch where you fall through the floor on some maps.
  8. Archerman

Archerman Well Known Bee Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +166
    As others have said, more points for hiding and more maps. It would also be nice to have randomly generated hider spots to make it more difficult for seekers to memorize spots.
  9. Romantically

Romantically Honey Maker Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +26
    More points for hiding for sure, and maybe more
    taunt points as well. I think it’d be nice to implement a system where the amount of points you get depends how many hiders are left. For example, you’d get more points if you died when there were four hiders left than you would if there were five. I know you get the ten but I feel like this would be nice to see get actually points, with more of a twenty point difference between each death.

This is probably more controversial and just a preference of mine, but I think it’d be good to upgrade the swords to stone and take off the knockback. In my experience, the knockback is just an easy way for the block to run away and get the kill stolen, which is really frustrating at times. Alternatively, as someone else mentioned, you could still the points for the kill if you were to hit the block first. Although I think a stone sword would be kind of cool :)
    • Award Worthy Award Worthy x 1
    • List
  10. Taviish

Taviish Talk of the Town Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +280
    I'm not a very dedicated Hide and Seek player, but from my experience, I believe that it would be a great idea to reward Hiders with more points (just like most people seem to think :p). There is a large number of really good players in the present, and they know the maps from memory, so it would be great if Hiders who managed to stay alive for a significant amount of time received a well-deserved point reward!
  11. Gideeon

Gideeon Famous Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +306
    i would love if it takes more hits to kill a hider and less hits to kill a seeker cuz it seems that seekers are too op now
  12. _Burnt

_Burnt Famous Gold Member

Ratings:
    +12
    The amount of points gained for hiding is fine in my opinion, but I'm not really someone who cares that much about points (the leaderboards are by wins for a reason). The problem with changing the points system is that people have gotten millions of points over the course of many years on the current system. If anything they should add wins as hider, accurate time alive, and/or a block leveling system that doesn't rely on how good the seeker is. (exp gained for winning as hider or killing seekers instead of outliving hiders). Regarding different or random variations of maps, this actually existed once (as well as Frozen/MoreFrozen). You might think this helps hiders, but this usually does not create any better spots and the good spots that do get created sometimes don't exist on some map variations which is quite annoying. It also isn't that hard to memorize variations or random hitting certain areas there was still a lot of seeker mains during this time.

Seeking is only OP (ignoring that hiders can die in 2 hits, this is a bug I hope) because there are so many seeker mains. Most seekers will vote a pretty small selection of maps. As a player that hides more than seeks unless there's a large party in the lobby I can consistently win as hider on maps such as Sunset, Chinatown, keep, Bora, lotus, Nexus, Before Space, Animal Village, Paris, and Cruise. That's a pretty large selection of maps, but they are not that popular, even seeker sided maps like CS_Office and Frozen can be easy to win as hider because not as many people memorize them. If you're in a game with a seeker they'e probably going to vote Hearthstone, Hotel, or Venice, maybe hospital and kingston. Its not a matter of points or how OP seekers are, its that most tryhards don't really like hiding. The only incentive for playing as hider is block levels which I find to be a flawed system. Most people who actually try to level blocks don't win as hider and will get a good seeker to kill them last, and a lot of them have cheated in some way to get exp faster. Time alive was always broken and got removed and grinding seeker kills isn't that easy, you don't get easy wins and kills the way seekers do. There are no actual rewards for being good at hiding, and it doesn't help how most people vote for seeker sided maps.

-kill stealing isn't a big deal anyone who says othewise is a whiny baby
    -lotus and bora are epic, remove maps like tsquare and oasis instead and hospital
    • Award Worthy Award Worthy x 1
    • List
  13. JollyOlVillager

JollyOlVillager Village Guide Helper

Ratings:
    +951
    Couldn't agree more. However this should reset as soon as the hider's solid again (and their health full)
    Maybe not triple, but points need to be adjusted because Seekers are way too OP
    Can't really comment, I never really missed it.
    YES! Definitely agree! This would add lots of variation and make the game refreshing.
    Strongly disagree with a Lotus removal, it features creative and 'old school' type hiding spots, (hard to describe, but basically the opposite of Chinatown's spots) therefore I'd love to keep it. Bora is a different story, I never liked it that much, but I guess that's just my opinion.
    ofc.
    Strongly agree! The new join system almost never gets a round of 24 players to start and HnS ain't fun with like 12 players.
    Agree. This would eliminate situations where players would get toxic if you don't kill them right away (to make them seekers) and not make me feel bad if I spot someone in a pro spot and 'happen to miss it'
    Agree. Also steps should be smaller.
  14. Virescent

Virescent Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +4
    all of you have interesting and possibly controversial ideas... all I wanna see is plasma for java ._.
  15. Mrchikkin

Mrchikkin Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +3
    - Bring back Surv-Hide-All Games and the OG Villa and Town Square
    - Add a gold block so that 24Karat can use it (it feels wrong seeing him use any other block lol)
    On a more serious note, maybe a few new maps, and fixing the iron doors on newer MC versions so Space works better.
    And Hotel back. It's been too long :(

Just had another idea: Average kills per game as a stat.
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
  16. Mrchikkin

Mrchikkin Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +3
    - make it so a game needs 20 players to start. If it goes under 20 players then the game wont start
    I think 16 players might be better than 20. During American night it's really rare to see a game with over 18 players, so I think having 20 as the min start is a bit much. It definitely needs to be changed from 12 though.
  17. Virescent

Virescent Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +4
    YES
  18. JollyOlVillager

JollyOlVillager Village Guide Helper

Ratings:
    +951
    Also, doing /ng should mean /ng for the server! I am tired of doing /hub and manually selecting a different server if I don't like the map selection in the lobby.
    Instead if always get: You are already connected to this server.
  19. Razogoth

Razogoth The Bees Knees Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +345
    I would:
    • revert the pvp mechanics back to before 1.8
    • have barriers removed from all maps and be replaced by visual blocks. (If you need barriers on your map it sucks, just my opinion)
    • unblock some of the parkour hiding spots, that weren't overly overpowered
    • add the option to be a random block from your unlocked blocks
    • make replacing fences as block possible again
    • somehow find a way to punish players for tryhard seeking all the time because it sucks the fun out of the game for everyon else if they always get killed after 30s no matter how good or creative their hiding spot is
    • Add gold and pink whool as hiding block options to the game
  20. Wishfvl

Wishfvl Famous Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +1,266
    If you think its impossible to beat most seeker mains you just haven't worked out how to yet