Idea for bedwars

Discussion in 'BedWars' started by MrMemeMan, Jul 2, 2020.

1. MrMemeMan

MrMemeMan NewBee

Ratings:
    +0
    A simple idea for bedwars, when you spawn you start with leather armor and a wooden sword. This will 1. make it so when you rush it doesn't become a battle of hitting each other with a fist until one dies (tried this one a lot with early rushes) 2. It helps preventing spawn camping (placing endstone on enderchest, placing it in front of villagers and spawners, I may or may not be guilty in doing this against cheaters hehe...) I really don't see any drawback of adding this. Might agure that cheaters will be able to kill you from spawn, but the staff team ofc tries to make sure you will encounter cheaters as little as possible, and I would say they are doing a fine job, only encountered a few the past weeks, and they weren't able to do much against someone who knows how to beat killaura. Thoughs about the change?
  2. MrMemeMan

MrMemeMan NewBee

Ratings:
    +0
    Just to clarify because people are going to ask, yes you will spawn with the armor you have bought, it is just if you haven't bought as chest (example) then instead of having no chest you just spawn with a leather chestplate instead. And yes the leather will be team coloured
  3. captainsnake

captainsnake Famous Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +712
    A similar thing was done to this about 2 years ago. Everyone hated it. While this works on hypixel because their bedwars is focussed on pvp and gamesense, it doesn't work as well on hive because our bedwars is more about slower-paced economic play. Also, don't double post.
  4. xChqr

xChqr V.I.BEE Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +3,568
    As captainsnake said, the community hated this change when it was made before. I personally wouldn't want to see this implemented. There's so many servers nowadays that just copy Hypixel BedWars, and Hive has already made their own unique BedWars gamemode which I personally love, and I just don't think the addition of starting with armor/swords is a good idea. I like the slower pace that Hive BedWars provides, and spawning with a sword would ruin that IMO.