Gravity IceCream

Discussion in 'Map Submission' started by MeowKitty8, Feb 25, 2018.

?

Would you play this map?

1. Yes!

2. Yes, but with some small changes!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. MeowKitty8

MeowKitty8 Talk of the Town

Ratings:
    +155
    IceCream
    Gravity

So I made this map out of boredom, and I think that it is kinda ugly, but I still like it.
    The whole map is neapolitan ice cream, and cones and stuff.
    There are cones, bowls of ice cream, ice cream sandwiches, etc.
    Sorry about the ugly landing area, I hope TN can fix it and make it like the other cones.
    I would rate this map Medium or maybe Hard. (not really)
    The spawnpoint is in the big ice cream cone.

Images

The portals are empty, and there are two in the cones on the side and two in the
    landing area cone.
    I know its ugly and has some problems with it, but I just wanted to see how people liked it.
    Also, tell me what difficulty it looks like, theres not a video so...

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
    • Award Worthy Award Worthy x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. Pibbz

Pibbz Lagerator Moderator

Ratings:
    +810
    I believe some of the ice cream cones could have a little more detail, more variation of blocks for the cones and the ice cream itself c:

Other than that it looks nice :D
  3. Movov

Movov Honey Maker Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +49
    I encourage the theme. Below I have listed some ideas to improve your build! :D
    Adding variations to the blocks gives the eyes something else to avert to, i.e stained glass.
    The ice-cream cone's interior needs to have variety - 100% birch wood planks are too bold. Stained concrete powder is bright and could resemble sprinkles.
    All of the buildings are ice-cream - if you were to make the spawn something else, there would be less repetitiveness in the map, i.e a large tongue or spoon.
    Many ice-creams are drizzled with either chocolate, caramel, or strawberry sauce.
    To the ice-cream spawn, you could build a cherry or wafer in order for it to resemble a Sundae.
    I hope this assists you. ;)
  4. MeowKitty8

Ratings:
    +155
    Thanks! I was thinking of spoons but didn't add them bc of no good gray blocks.
    It's a 1.8 server, and concrete powder is 1.12...
    However what OTHER blocks would go well with birch? I don't really know.
    The white stained clay as far as i know, has ZERO blocks that go with it. (lol thanks mojang)
    Anyway, for the strawberry I couldn't find blocks that didnt look like bubblegums or sprinkles.
    Thanks!
  5. ThaMango

ThaMango The Bees Knees VIP

Ratings:
    +2,913
    Map looks great, maybe just make some edits to the map like changing the shapes of the ice cream to make them look less like a perfect circle. You've certainly improved since your first map submission; keep it up :)
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  6. Andragon11

Andragon11 Well Known Bee Emerald Member

Ratings:
    +11
    The concept is great, but it needs some changes. The walls are too plain, maybe if you change the patter to something else, and adding more blocks will add a nice detail. Also all the obsticles have the same 2-3 shapes. A spoon maybe?
  7. CatInTuxedo16

CatInTuxedo16 Honey Maker Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +101
    I really like the idea, but remember the map (SweetTooth) is very similar. But back to your map, here are something you can do better, and some things that I like

LIKE:
    The overall shape of the cones and tunnel you fall down in is great.

Improvements:
    It looks very plain and boring. To pp out the colours, vary the clays with the same colour but wool. With the birch cones it looks boring, so add some other woods, and maybe on one cone make it leaking with ice cream :p

Good luck <3

(Also i would be happy to go on your server and make some changes if that is ok with you, it won't be too many :p)
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  8. MeowKitty8

Ratings:
    +155
    why would i have a server lol im a bad builder XD
    anyway if you can find a block that goes well with white clay/pink clay, pls tell me!
    (necro save)

EDIT: oof quote didwnt work
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  9. Asheras

Asheras The Bees Knees Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +6,005
    This is such a cute concept! I really like it! and I agree with @ThaMango, the edits you have made improved your map tremendously. Well done, and best of luck!
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  10. NTMNathan

NTMNathan Famous Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +695
    I love the looks of your Gravity map but I would suggest you do up a bit of the following:
    • Tweak the shape of the Ice Cream a bit making them look less circular. (less like a perfect circle)
    • More block variations to the Ice cream and the cones.
    • The walls are a little too plain :/
    Thats all I have for the map, it's a wonderful map and as @Asheras and @ThaMango have said before, you have certainly improved your map so well!

Good luck! :D