I am really curious...

Discussion in 'Hide and Seek' started by melizsa, Aug 4, 2018.

?

Like or dislike? (in general)

1. Like!

20 vote(s)
    74.1%
  2. Dislike!

7 vote(s)
    25.9%
  1. melizsa

melizsa Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +69
    ...to hear your opinion on the new hide and seek update!

just personal interest, this won't be used for anything else
    Okay to kind of format this:

- Your thoughts on the new maps (Hospital, Sequoia, Pineapple Port, Talavera, Goldrush)
    Are they too big? What do you think of all the new blocks (especially the cauldrons on Pineapple Port)?
    - New way of respawning & renewed seeker spawns
    Is it better than having to respawn?
    - The new cosmetics
    Nice and fun? Or a little distracting? And the new taunt packs, which do like like best?
    - Seeker queue!
    Does this mean every game will have a (semi-)pro seeker? How will this affect gameplay?
    - New max level (50)
    Is it reachable? Does this help distinguish 'noobs' from the better players? (+ is this a good thing?)
    - ...?

Extra:
    - Midge posted her opinion
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  2. Apple9494

Apple9494 V.I.BEE

Ratings:
    +2,209
    1) TN seems to pursue the same new map format first seen in Sunset Terrace - make a double-triple-storey room with ladders, and add a few blocks on each level. Can’t say I don’t like it but getting up ladders is extremely slow.
    About the maps specifically - each has a parkour spot (from what I’ve noticed), a little bit bigger than most old HnS maps, and has unique blocks. While I still haven’t learnt the routes and common spots etc I could tell Hospital (and only that map) is somewhat huge and barely manageable solo. However, might change as I practise more.
    2) Of course, I don’t have to click the Respawn button all the goddamn time. But now I need to drop the habit of attempting to click it XD
    random thought: I clicked it around 26 thousand times throughout my HnS experience.
    3) I would like to have a sword with a custom name, other than “Block killer” so that it’d show in the chat upon every kill. Besides, I believe more changing color leather armor sets could be added.
    4) Definitely favour, I always lost at least 15 seconds at the beginning of the game attempting to suicide. Now I can just volunteer myself. (And I actually suggested the seeker queue long ago, as a post in a suggestion thread related to ways of forcing to become a seeker on your behalf.)
    5) Well, I know a few people that would go have all possible blocks maxed out at the new level cap. Sounds like madness to me tbh, considering how many of them are map-exclusive.
    Also, why no new blocks were made purchasable in the first place?
  3. melizsa

melizsa Talk of the Town Ultimate Member

Ratings:
    +69
    1) Actually, Hospital - to me - seems the most managable (I got 14 kills already lol I'm tryharding). I do agree that they are extremely big (I would have liked them a little smaller) and I also dislike the ladders ;-;
    2) Same for me haha, I get a very slight jumpscare feeling every time I pop into the seeker room.
    3) Oh that sounds cool (remember for when a new update is coming soon!)
    5) I meant the blocks in the new maps
  4. Tasmi

Tasmi Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +5
    1: I think that the maps are way too big, but if they was a tad bit smaller then I'd play on them :)
    2: It's weird on how that on some maps they reset the spawn point on some maps Like China because for some people that could be annoying because of the routes that they have.
    3: I really like the cosmetics actually but it does look a tad bit weird when the clothes are rainbow coloured, not really a fan of that but hey ho.
    4: I actually like this new feature, it'd be a real pain if a lot of people chose it then you wasn't root seeker.
    5: Okay now I don't like this what so ever, Everyone spent so long maxing their blocks all for nothing, I wish they put that at like lvl 30 or 35.

Also thank you for mentioning my post! Much appreciated <33
    Midge-
  5. SmolNoobPerson

SmolNoobPerson Talk of the Town Gold Member

Ratings:
    +35
    I'm happy they added what I asked for (seeker queue) but apart from that I dislike the update, mainly the new max blocks. I used to main hiding but I'm just gunna move to seeking now hiding is ruined
  6. DeadMidge

DeadMidge Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +19
    I agree, I loved to hide and getting the thrill of like maxing up blocks, it was a pain before to even get to 30.
    But now they ruined it badly, NOW I have moved onto try harding which is a shame :(
  7. ThatTonybo

ThatTonybo Regular Bee

Ratings:
    +9
    - Your thoughts on the new maps (Hospital, Sequoia, Pineapple Port, Talavera, Goldrush)
    I love the new maps! It adds more variety and I think new maps is always a fresh fun experience for new or old. :)

I dunno, both ways seem.. good(?) to me.

- The new cosmetics
    I'm not a user of cosmetics, wouldn't know. As for the new taunts, it's cool to have some differences :3

- Seeker queue!
    Honestly unsure, I guess we'll see how it goes?

- New max level (50)
    I think a newer max level will be good for the "pros" to show off more at least, haha.
  8. Dorsz

Dorsz Well Known Bee

Ratings:
    +15
    - New maps
    I like them, but after some time I'm actually sick of everyone voting on them. Hospital has become a new Hotel.

- New seeker spawns
    Meh, lil' difference, I don't actually care about it.

- New cosmetics
    OMG, I LUV THAT TNT CANNON ^^ Colorful armor for seeker is also a pretty cool addition.

- Seeker queue
    This is what this game needed. And it's freakin' FREE

- New max lvl
    Honestly I don't care about leveling blocks. But still, more lucky crates to get ^^
  9. Oirchzalet

Oirchzalet Talk of the Town Gold Member

Ratings:
    +54
    Your thoughts on the new maps (Hospital, Sequoia, Pineapple Port, Talavera, Goldrush)
    I'm a big fan of Talavera and Sequoia; there's still a lot of opportunity for some creative hiding spots, even from the seekers that already have it memorized. The same goes for Pineapple Port. Goldrush seems like it relies on block piles and clumps a bit too much, though it is well designed in my opinion. Hopsital is probably my least favorite, namely due to the walls and floor having very little design and almost soly andesite or grantite. Sure, I can manage a few good spots as a hider, but because most of the spots provided are holes in beds and such, it seems tipped more towards the seekers.
    I definitey enjoy not having to respawn. If I'm trying to seek after the first one kills me, those few seconds not misclicking to respawn help me get on my route quicker.
    - The new cosmetics
    I'm a bit indifferent to the taunt packs. I do like launching the TNT though, it's saved me several times.
    - Seeker queue!
    The seeker queue is a blessing and a curse. If you want to seek, great! Just queue up and hope you get it. However, sometimes it just goes to someone random that didn't queue, which I understand is necessary. However, if a game has four or five strong seekers queuing up, you would expect a relatively quick round. I enjoy the feature overall, though.
    - New max level (50)
    I do not enjoy the max 50 level. 30 was a reachable number with some effort, and was already an indicator that you can hide well with the block. Having it at level 50 is unnecessary, as it takes days to do so even by the most skilled players. The color also was not the greatest choice; I liked the 30 pink as the max, and I'm not a fan of the change.

I liked the update, but it did too much. Still like the maps though :)